HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Habs need nasty defenseman

Old
03-03-2013, 11:40 AM
FanHabtic

vCash: 500
I can see Montreal trading Weber and a 2nd round pick for the best available option. I'd love to get Stoner from Minny.

Carkner and D. Murray would be net on the list. Ultimately, Tinordi will assume the roll in a year's time.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:44 AM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Probably far too much! Heck, we have a bunch of Oiler fans who think Eager and a 2nd is worth Eller, with some saying that they wouldn't even accept that kind of deal for Eager! Peckham would probably cost us a 1st or Pacioretty for flying monkey's sakes!
LOL, i shudder to think what Lander or Omark would cost us.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:48 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Last time I heard, big physical D were at a premium right now, and people are dreaming to believe anything including Weber or Kaberle will get one.

Peckham isn't going anywhere until the Oilers figure they want to keep Fistric and have him resigned.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:50 AM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Last time I heard, big physical D were at a premium right now, and people are dreaming to believe anything including Weber or Kaberle will get one.

Peckham isn't going anywhere until the Oilers figure they want to keep Fistric and have him resigned.
I hope Peckham isn't going anywhere. He certainly has no place in the Habs depth chart.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:14 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

How about Jan Hejda (6'4" 237 lbs) from Colorado?

In 18 games this year, he's got 6 assists, +6 rating, 44 hits, and 46 blocked shots

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:39 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahH57 View Post

In 18 games this year, he's got 6 assists, +6 rating, 44 hits, and 46 blocked shots
Can he fight? Does he clear the front of the net? Will he PUNISH players driving down the middle to the net? If yes, let's get some Colorado fans to tell us what they want for him and discuss it. If not, let's look elsewhere.

Contrary to WeirdAl's belief, there were some Minnesota fans willing to trade Stoner for Weber + just a little while ago (a 3rd or a 2nd, I think).

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
There's plenty of posters like that for every fanbase. They exist everywhere and there's no benefit to drawing attention to the vocal minority. I mean remember when Ryder, Halak, and a 2nd would garner the return of ANY player in the league not named Crosby, Malkin, or Ovechkin?
I think it is a bit over the top to compare the "Eager + 2nd for Eller" and the "Eller is not even worth Eager" types to Habs fans who thought a 30 goal scoring winger, a starting goaltender, and a 2nd round pick (turned out to be Subban, I believe!) were worth quite a bit more than many other teams' fans did. Ryder scored 27 goals and 53 points the following season in Boston and was a decent player on a Stanley Cup winning team. Halak became the starting goalie for the Blues, winning 58 games with a GAA of under 2.15 and a .912 save percentage in 112 games over 2.5 seasons. As stated, that 2nd became Subban (I might be wrong, but am almost certain). That offer was not scrubs or spare parts. I also do not remember that being the offer for ANY All Star player not named Crosby, Malkin, or Ovechkin. I also remember the offer becoming used more and more as a joke by other fan bases than as an actual offer by Habs fans.

Come on, try and compare apples to apples, not apples to coconuts, please.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:59 PM
glenbuis

Ryder for polak?

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahH57 View Post

Avs won't trade their 2nd best defenseman unless they're getting an upgrade on him. He and Barrie have been the lone bright spots on their defense since EJ and Ryan Wilson went down.

O'Byrne and O'Brien are the two guys Bergevin might look at.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:18 PM
Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
I honestly would welcome Komi back but Toronto would have to take Kaberle
While Komi looks to be available I don't think they will be looking for a roster player in return...especially not a defenseman. Toronto would be asking for a pick or a prospect for Komi...doubt the price would be high.

Honestly though I see no reason why the Habs would bother, if they want Komi they will probably buy him as a free agent in the summer as it looks like the Leafs will buy him out.

Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
I think it is a bit over the top to compare the "Eager + 2nd for Eller" and the "Eller is not even worth Eager" types to Habs fans who thought a 30 goal scoring winger, a starting goaltender, and a 2nd round pick (turned out to be Subban, I believe!) were worth quite a bit more than many other teams' fans did. Ryder scored 27 goals and 53 points the following season in Boston and was a decent player on a Stanley Cup winning team. Halak became the starting goalie for the Blues, winning 58 games with a GAA of under 2.15 and a .912 save percentage in 112 games over 2.5 seasons. As stated, that 2nd became Subban (I might be wrong, but am almost certain). That offer was not scrubs or spare parts. I also do not remember that being the offer for ANY All Star player not named Crosby, Malkin, or Ovechkin. I also remember the offer becoming used more and more as a joke by other fan bases than as an actual offer by Habs fans.

Come on, try and compare apples to apples, not apples to coconuts, please.
All I said was there are posters like that in EVERY fanbase...Habs included. There's plenty of bad posters amongst Habs who vastly overrate their prospects and expect the world in return. I chose Ryder, halak, and a 2nd because it was so badly overused by the minority of posters that it became a running joke on HF. There were Habs fans who seriously thought they could get anything for that package based on value without considering team needs or what the player they wanted represented to teh fanbase. True Eager + 2nd < Ryder + Halak + 2nd. It's equally true Eller < the majority of what people expected Ryder + Halak + 2nd to return.

Do I really need to pull up some of the outlandish proposals to quantify that statement? We all remember top pairing D and 1st line forwrads being included in those proposals...and as good as Eller is he isn't the caliber of player Habs fasn wanted in retrun for a 30 goal scorer who took 4 years to return to 30 goals, a player who at that time was a very good backup who wasn't going to be with the habs long term, and a 2nd round pick. Ryders shooting % in Boston that 1st year with 27G was also a career high 14.6% so not a good argument.

Hindsight is fun when you can cherry pick what that 2nd became...Hamonic was also a 2nd round pic...and there's plenty of other examples of D who picked late became great. Who's to say the team receiving the 2nd would have picked Subban anyways? Ryder et al was being offered in the 2007-2008 season. Wouldn't that mean the 2nd round pick was Kristo not Subban? Subban was drafted in 2007.

Last edited by Brian28: 03-03-2013 at 01:37 PM. Reason: 2007 vs 2008?
Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Galchenyuk4habs

Pittsburg fans, is Deryk Engelland available?And if so,would you give him up for Weber+3rd?

Galchenyuk4habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:22 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs View Post
Pittsburg fans, is Deryk Engelland available?And if so,would you give him up for Weber+3rd?
Weber have no value and Pens are happy with Engelland. They will keep it

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Galchenyuk4habs

[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Weber have no value and Pens are happy with Engelland. They will keep it
How does Weber have no value? 24 years old, OFD 30pts in 110 nhl games isn't so bad while he was under 24 and almost had no ice-time. 4pts in 6 playoffs games. To be honest I wouldn't mind trading a 2nd for Engelland.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:05 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
I hope Peckham isn't going anywhere. He certainly has no place in the Habs depth chart.
The Habs have a depth chart at D.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Galchenyuk4habs

Quote:
The Habs have a depth chart at D.
Subban, Markov, Emelin, Diaz, Kaberle, Weber, Gorges, Bouillon are all nhl calibre defenceman. I don't see the lack of depth there, to be honest.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
I honestly would welcome Komi back but Toronto would have to take Kaberle
You have got to me kidding me...

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:14 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs View Post
Subban, Markov, Emelin, Diaz, Kaberle, Weber, Gorges, Bouillon are all nhl calibre defenceman. I don't see the lack of depth there, to be honest.
Weber and Kaberle are not much to talk about and there is not much size and grit there. The Habs D is looking good, but if they make the playoffs they will get roughed up by teams like Boston.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Swarez

If habs want a physical Dman shouldn't they offer up boullion who has some value, to get one? I mean one of the regulars has to come out, make it the one who prob won't be back next year.

Swarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:41 PM
ginovegas

Quote:
Weber and Kaberle are not much to talk about and there is not much size and grit there. The Habs D is looking good, but if they make the playoffs they will get roughed up by teams like Boston.
Kaberle has done well this year
another 2 points and a +3 yesterday and I believe he hasn't been on the ice for an opostion goal yet
If used probably he can be an asset

ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote