HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

la - dal

Old
03-03-2013, 01:13 AM
HolyShot*
Sniper

vCash: 500
la - dal

to dal:
brown
toffoli
2014 1st

to la:
benn

waddya think?

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:17 AM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
gas thread ban op

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:24 AM
Reclamation Project
Zero Class User

vCash: 498
Terrible. The Kings get robbed.

Reclamation Project is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:01 AM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

I would certainly trade Jordie for Toffoli and the 1st, you can keep Brown if you want.

EDIT: We'll take Brown too, what kind of defenseman could he get?

Last edited by Mr Misty: 03-03-2013 at 02:11 AM.
Mr Misty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:10 AM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

so, bored at the computer then, huh?

Tonellisghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:17 AM
HolyShot*
Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
I would certainly trade Jordie for Toffoli and the 1st, you can keep Brown if you want.

EDIT: We'll take Brown too, what kind of defenseman could he get?
no. the point is to trade for jamie not jordie. you could get a 1st pairing d man for brown. the trade is for brown. gotta unload brown. toffoli could put up 40 for dal.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:20 AM
HolyShot*
Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
so, bored at the computer then, huh?
brown's gotta go at some point. dude is just not first line material. i know, we won the cup, blah blah blah...brown was the scoring leader blah...

Old
03-03-2013, 02:41 AM
Benny FTW
Tool Time Travel

vCash: 50
Terrible for Dallas.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:54 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman47 View Post
no. the point is to trade for jamie not jordie. you could get a 1st pairing d man for brown. the trade is for brown. gotta unload brown. toffoli could put up 40 for dal.
Then why trade him for an injury prone player who has put up a career high of 26 goals?

Benn is an outstanding player and talent, but you are giving up another first, which we have traded quite a few of these last several years, our captain, who is just fresh off of a ppg Stanley Cup winning campaign and hasn't been playing poorly as of late, and our number one prospect, who specializes in goal scoring, something this team has needed for a very long time. When was the last time we had a top 6 goal scoring prospect?

I can't see Benn putting up the numbers in our system that would warrant such a price. That is the price I would expect to pay in a Hossa, Kovalchuk, Gaborik, etc... type of deal for a 27 year old superstar on a short term deal.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:22 AM
HolyShot*
Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Then why trade him for an injury prone player who has put up a career high of 26 goals?

Benn is an outstanding player and talent, but you are giving up another first, which we have traded quite a few of these last several years, our captain, who is just fresh off of a ppg Stanley Cup winning campaign and hasn't been playing poorly as of late, and our number one prospect, who specializes in goal scoring, something this team has needed for a very long time. When was the last time we had a top 6 goal scoring prospect?

I can't see Benn putting up the numbers in our system that would warrant such a price. That is the price I would expect to pay in a Hossa, Kovalchuk, Gaborik, etc... type of deal for a 27 year old superstar on a short term deal.
the jurys still out on toffoli, he is still a prospect. benn is worth the first rounder and his numbers are only going to get better. hes a lombardi type...fights...hits...etc. hes got a great skill set. if we could unload brown and the other assets we could have a lights out first line.

wed really have to sell brown to them though.

Old
03-03-2013, 06:43 AM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
to dal:
brown
toffoli
2014 1st

to la:
benn

waddya think?
Is it a full moon or something?
You are starting to piss the Kings HF users off.
Seriously, tell me ONE god damn reason the Kings need to acquire another center for exchange of the top line winger and captain, top prospect that has a terrific season in the minors as a rookie and a first rounder?

I just don't get it...
After a loss just do what most people do, take a cold beverage and cool off. No need for such dumb not thoughtful panicking offers/proposals that don't even make any sense at all...
And I am not even going to try to explain it to you how little it makes sense considering the next years salary cap situation...

Last edited by Minor Boarding: 03-03-2013 at 06:49 AM.
Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:45 AM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post

This post should've ended this thread. Absolutely well said...

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:03 AM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

Quote:
brown's gotta go at some point. dude is just not first line material. i know, we won the cup, blah blah blah...brown was the scoring leader blah...
Well then if you know those things why do you undervalue our players so greatly?

Benn is good buy not that king of good.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Clearly this isn't the case, because that offer is dreadful. On behalf of the Stars I accept your offer for Jordie Benn.

Mr Misty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:53 AM
KingCanadain1976

hitman id like to first say ty for all the trade proposals it makes me look alot better when i try to make them lol jk Seriously Brown is a core piece huge part of this team and going no where I can seriously see him retiring with the organization and ending up like luc

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Quote:
I am almost certain you are the only Kings fan who wants to trade Brown, and to waste him, our top prospect, and lose another 1st rounder for a 1st line center when we already have one?

Also why do we "gotta unload Brown"?

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:14 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Just lol

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

Quote:
the jurys still out on toffoli, he is still a prospect. benn is worth the first rounder and his numbers are only going to get better. hes a lombardi type...fights...hits...etc. hes got a great skill set. if we could unload brown and the other assets we could have a lights out first line.

wed really have to sell brown to them though.
I think your just having fun with this whole thing but did want to see if you could respond to this question, who would our first line be if we "unloaded Brown and the other assets"?

Kopitar Benn Williams?

Benn Kopitar Williams?

Benn Kopitar Carter?

Whe then becomes our lights out second line?

What do we do when Benn gets hurt again?

Just curious.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:17 PM
rajuabju

OMG

Add Ericksson then we have interest.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:28 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

vCash: 157
I don't know what's worse. People thinking Benn is injury prone, or this awful proposal.

Benn won't be in a Kings' sweater unless we get Kopitar or Doughty back. So it's obviously never going to happen.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:07 PM
HolyShot*
Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Is it a full moon or something?
You are starting to piss the Kings HF users off.
Seriously, tell me ONE god damn reason the Kings need to acquire another center for exchange of the top line winger and captain, top prospect that has a terrific season in the minors as a rookie and a first rounder?

I just don't get it...
After a loss just do what most people do, take a cold beverage and cool off. No need for such dumb not thoughtful panicking offers/proposals that don't even make any sense at all...
And I am not even going to try to explain it to you how little it makes sense considering the next years salary cap situation...
benn could play wing. worked for carter. if you dont think thats a major upgrade over brown idk what to tell u. benn has size, toffoli doesnt. benns skill and hockey sense exceeds browns by far. we need offense, open ur eyes. i proposed a great deal to dal. if they dont like this offer i'd throw in muzzin who projects to be a second pair d man.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:10 PM
HolyShot*
Sniper

o yea muzzin can run the point on the pp also.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:12 PM
HolyShot*
Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I think your just having fun with this whole thing but did want to see if you could respond to this question, who would our first line be if we "unloaded Brown and the other assets"?

Kopitar Benn Williams?

Benn Kopitar Williams?

Benn Kopitar Carter?

Whe then becomes our lights out second line?

What do we do when Benn gets hurt again?

Just curious.
first line: benn kopi willie
2nd: pens richie carts

when benn gets hurt u work around it like every other team. its not brain surgery.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:29 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
to dal:
brown
toffoli
2014 1st

to la:
benn

waddya think?
No thanks, I think thats a big overpayment. The team proved they had the recipe for success last year and have just had a good streak of games. I don't see the point of a trade like this. Just a waste of good assetts (no slight to Benn, he's great, just not worth that in my opinion)

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Penner on the 2nd line? GTFO.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote