HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

aebisher

Old
07-21-2006, 12:05 PM
hab

vCash: 500
aebisher

i just assumed (like many others) that aebisher would be traded this summer, but there seems to be an abundance of availiable goaltenders and only a couple of teams looking to add a goaltender, bringing his trade value quite low. I would think danis has earned a shot at the backup spot... where does gainey go from here?

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Azalichio

Send a message via MSN to Azalichio
He waits, see if Huet is a one year wonder, then decides what to do. Either way the habs win because there's always a team or 2 that need a goaltender just before the trade dead line. Aebischer's value will be higher by then.

Azalichio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 12:10 PM
LeHab

In any case, do not expect much as a return for Aebischer.

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 12:14 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Huet is most likely our #1 for a couple of years. He has two season under his belt: the first one, in L.A., was good, and the second one, in Montreal, was great. He should be a decent starter this season...

But there's always a chance that Huet can't have another season like his last one so Aebischer would be there. Aebi is a decent starter and he will have to fight really hard to move up on the depht chart.

Danis might be ready, but he might also not be ready. He was good in Montreal, but had some bad game in Hamilton...it's hard to say how he was because the Bulldogs were not really good. But who knows, maybe Danis will never be able to be a consistent NHL goaltender.

So the price for Aebi might not be high, and we don't really need any player on any position...Gainey will most likely keep him at this point.

Danis could use one more year in Hamilton, and if he can't pass trough waivers, well we will have a trio of goaltender...

And then, at the trade deadline, the Habs will see if they make the playoffs, they will see who really need a goaltender for the playoffs, and they will also see if Danis is really an NHL goaltender, so at that point, Gainey will be able to make a move.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 12:17 PM
alexstream

Aebischer's value on the team (even on the bench) is higher than his (or many starter's) value on the market.

PARTICULARLY when forwards will start using tic tac toe or speedy lateral movement vs Huet...
Then, it'll be the end of Huet's reign and the beginning of Aebi's... who'll have had plenty of time practicing his positioning with Rollie and who will, by then, have surpassed Huet.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 12:17 PM
GoHabsGO252006

He stops reading HF boards, because of the abundance of repetitive threads. Don't get me wrong, but I think there is a serious lack of NEWS in thehockey world, when every time I log in there is a new thread about the same 4 things over and over again.

1. What will happen to Aebischer.
2. Ribeiro, we like him we hate him he's an idiot and as strong as a 12 year old girl.
3. Young guys...good bad, ugly improivng
4. Rookies, who'll make the team is there room, no room too much room .
5. ok so there was really only 4 repetitive threads that come to mind right now. but sheesh people, somone start making up rumors or something at least it will give us something new to talk about.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGO252006 View Post
He stops reading HF boards, because of the abundance of repetitive threads. Don't get me wrong, but I think there is a serious lack of NEWS in thehockey world, when every time I log in there is a new thread about the same 4 things over and over again.

1. What will happen to Aebischer.
2. Ribeiro, we like him we hate him he's an idiot and as strong as a 12 year old girl.
3. Young guys...good bad, ugly improivng
4. Rookies, who'll make the team is there room, no room too much room .
5. ok so there was really only 4 repetitive threads that come to mind right now. but sheesh people, somone start making up rumors or something at least it will give us something new to talk about.

Why don't you start your own new thread on a brand new subject? It's summer dude, we can't talk about the Habs like in the winter... I'm still enjoying the board right now!

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
True that there's a lot of possible goalies available, though in a cap world Aebi with Biron, for me, are definately two of the best when you mixed performance and salary.

But then when it comes to the return of those goalies, well Gainey will definately be less greedy then Regier so for me Aebi becomes interesting for the other teams. But then Gainey needs to be sure of what Huet can give him and what Danis can give him as well. So despite what I wanted, which was to get rid of Aebi 'cause I do believe Huet is for real and Danis is ready, I see Gainey being more reserved about it and keep him and then try to trade him at a better time, when there will be more spots available 'cause some other teams, who thinks they don't need a goalie, might actually reconsider.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote