HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2013, 11:47 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Watched some of the North Dakota game, thought MacMillan had another strong showing and his screeen setup one goal.

Michigan and Dartmouth get home ice for the opening round of the playoffs next weekend. Both teams must advance or their season is over. Will be interestsing to see if it's Walsh's last games in the NCAA as they face rival Havard and Michigan gets Northen Michigan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Don't look now but Nystrom now has .5 PPG in the Allsvenskan. 11 points (5 goals, 6 assists) in 22 games, and it took him about 9 games to get comfortable playing at this level. I wish I had more of a personal account of his play, but the numbers are very encouraging for a 6th round pick.
Good to see him putting up points although I was hoping he would have gotten more time with Modo this year but at least he's not in the junior league since he is older as he turns 20 in the fall. I haven't paid any attention to Modo this year vs last year so I don't know the situation as to why he got in a bunch of games last year but none this year. It's funny that going into the year he was outscoring Collberg in the SEL 2 pts to 0. Should be interesting to see if the Habs actually have something in Nystrom or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Let's hope that Thrower starts playing better and has a much better year next year 'cause if not, he's done being a Hab.
why would he be done being a Hab?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Doesn't he have to sign first?
Kristo can sign either an NHL contract or an AHL contract, but not until his season is over which would depend on how they do at the Frozen Four tournament which starts at the end of the month as North Dakota has 2 games left in the regular season and then the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locks View Post
Nygren with two assists and a shootout goal (GW). He sits fifth in scoring (31points)among defencemen in the SEL and first in goals with 13.
Colberg did not have a point.
Good to hear he's 1st in goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locks View Post
He sure does. But unlike CHL players, he can only do that when his season is over.
correct. The Habs have to sign Kristo before August 15th, if North Dakota goes to the finals it would be mid-April when his season would end. Will be interesting to see what management would do with him, as Hamilton likely won't be in the playoffs unless they get a ton of help from other teams or perhaps they could just have him work out with the Hamilton call ups.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
why would he be done being a Hab?
'Cause he has to be signed in 2014 and if continues regressing, or if they think he's regressing, they might not sign him?

Old
03-03-2013, 04:02 PM
BigNumber1Centre
Heart of Gallagher

Hey guys! Can someone clarify if Brendan Ranford is still under contract with the Habs? I remember hearing something about possible attitude issues with Ranford but I don't know if there is any truth to that. It might have just been a tryout offer that he received.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNumber1Centre View Post
Hey guys! Can someone clarify if Brendan Ranford is still under contract with the Habs? I remember hearing something about possible attitude issues with Ranford but I don't know if there is any truth to that. It might have just been a tryout offer that he received.
It was just a try-out. He's not under contract right now.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:13 PM
BigNumber1Centre
Heart of Gallagher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
It was just a try-out. He's not under contract right now.
Ok thanks!

Old
03-03-2013, 05:23 PM
That

Incredible assist by Archambault. He's currently has a goal and a pair of assists today. He's been possessed. Completely different player as of late.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:32 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Incredible assist by Archambault. He's currently has a goal and a pair of assists today. He's been possessed. Completely different player as of late.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:40 PM
ChoseLa

I hope he stays in the Q next season, he seems like he'll be a long project to work with, puting him on the A could be disatrous.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:46 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I hope he stays in the Q next season, he seems like he'll be a long project to work with, puting him on the A could be disatrous.
He is 20. No.

Habs Prospects website
Old
03-03-2013, 05:50 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
He is 20. No.
Too bad!

Old
03-03-2013, 06:07 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
He is 20. No.
Nothing prevents the team to assign him in the Q, as long as he's signed.

Old
03-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
I think he should go pro next year, the question isn't his talent, it's the translation.

Old
03-03-2013, 06:43 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
What, I never said that, we just almost never do that. I think in happened like twice in 10 years.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay View Post
I think he should go pro next year, the question isn't his talent, it's the translation.
What about confidence? Sometimes its better to burn a league before trying the next step... its not like he was a top pick or anything like that..

Old
03-03-2013, 07:44 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
What about confidence? Sometimes its better to burn a league before trying the next step... its not like he was a top pick or anything like that..
I think if the Habs draft Gauthier and Mantha/Zykov,it would be a really good move to have Archie play with those guys as linemates in Drummondville for an extra season.It could only do wonders for all of their confidence to play with a couple of players with their abilities.Archambault-Gauthier-Mantha a line like that would shred the Q if not maybe Carrier-Gauthier-Mantha might even be better.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:46 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:

That was just ri-*******-diculous. Good post, That.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I think if the Habs draft Gauthier and Mantha/Zykov,it would be a really good move to have Archie play with those guys as linemates in Drummondville for an extra season.It could only do wonders for all of their confidence to play with a couple of players with their abilities.Archambault-Gauthier-Mantha a line like that would shred the Q if not maybe Carrier-Gauthier-Mantha might even be better.
??

None of those draft eligible prospects are on Archy's team.

With that said, I wouldn't be opposed to leaving him in the Q as a 20 year old either.

Old
03-04-2013, 06:17 AM
Treb

He could start in the ECHL and work his way up. Overager year is rarely a good thing, it gets easy playing versus 17/18 years old when you're 20/21. Better to face stronger men who played longer than you, even if it's the ECHL.

Old
03-04-2013, 06:23 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Quote:
He could start in the ECHL and work his way up. Overager year is rarely a good thing, it gets easy playing versus 17/18 years old when you're 20/21. Better to face stronger men who played longer than you, even if it's the ECHL.
Ryan Callahan and Dan Girardi both played as overagers. I think David Desharnais did it as well.

It's not ideal, but it's better than playing in a pro league before you are ready.

Old
03-04-2013, 06:42 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:

Cripes. Good to hear he's been heating up. Really hope he can put it together. He and Kristo should be a nice infusion of skill in Hamilton.

Old
03-04-2013, 06:55 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
'Cause he has to be signed in 2014 and if continues regressing, or if they think he's regressing, they might not sign him?
He'd be traded for another prospect or a pick if he regressed that bad as I'm sure teams would take a chance on him, he hasn't had a good year but he hasn't been that bad that you'd even think of not signing him.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
Ryan Callahan and Dan Girardi both played as overagers. I think David Desharnais did it as well.

It's not ideal, but it's better than playing in a pro league before you are ready.
I believe he'll be ready for at least ECHL by next season, I'll guess we'll see in the rookie camp where he ends up. He has to gain some mass in the summer though.

Old
03-04-2013, 04:59 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Well even then you couldn't say he'd be done as a Hab since it's not like he's playing terrible. But he should be signed at some point before next season starts I would think, so a moot point.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:30 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Wha?

Since when do Gauthier and Mantha or Zykov play for Drummondville?

Plus, I don't see the benefit of playing on a stacked ine in junior, it just makes players look better than they are and maybe entice them not to work as hard to develop their skills. I'm sure Bozon is working harder for his points on the 2nd line than riding the gravy train with Lipon and Smith early on.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:49 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I'm in the boat that prospects should go to the ECHL vs playing in the CHL as overagers. It will be interesting to see what the new management plans are in this regard as historically the Habs never do. (last one was Christian Larrivee)

Quote:
I believe he'll be ready for at least ECHL by next season, I'll guess we'll see in the rookie camp where he ends up. He has to gain some mass in the summer though.
He does need to gain mass and work on his lower body strength.

Closed Thread