HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #21: Blues @ Stars 3/3/2013 2 p.m. CST FS-MW

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2013, 04:37 PM
diehardbluesfan

vCash: 500
They called that a penalty?! NHL refs are useless.

Old
Stang

jagr gets one

Old
GrandPapillon

oh good, Perron took an offesnsive zone penalty in a loss (despite it being an abysmal call). I'm sure here come the "selfish" "trade Perron" threads.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Fred Murtz

Adam Cracknell eats the boards at full speed

Old
03-03-2013, 04:38 PM
sh724

I was kind of hoping Dallas would score again. I had predicted 3-1 until I saw Elliott was playing. I didnt get it right but id rather be completely wrong then to be wrong because I changed it

Old
03-03-2013, 04:39 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Worst team we play on the trip, and we get blown out. This should be a lovely road trip. Could very well decide our playoff fate.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:39 PM
OCTA8ON*

Its obvious that the team doesn't want to play in front of Elliot. The work ethic is absolutely absent when Elliot is in net opposed to Halak or Allen. Also, Elliot's second goal was pathetic, and he had a chance to get the 3rd one since Eriksson wiffed on his shot.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:41 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTA8ON View Post
Its obvious that the team doesn't want to play in front of Elliot. The work ethic is absolutely absent when Elliot is in net opposed to Halak or Allen. Also, Elliot's second goal was pathetic, and he had a chance to get the 3rd one since Eriksson wiffed on his shot.
That's why they were all turnover machines? Because Elliott was in net? You're really reaching bud. He let in 1 bad goal, and we only scored 1 goal. This is not on the goalie.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:42 PM
sh724

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPapillon View Post
oh good, Perron took an offesnsive zone penalty in a loss (despite it being an abysmal call). I'm sure here come the "selfish" "trade Perron" threads.
Since you seem to constantly bring it up that people suggest for Perron to be traded (which there are several reasons to do that are not related to his play), what do you think the team needs and how do you think they should do it? Please be specific about it too because you think every one else's ideas are horrible lets hear your ideas.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:43 PM
underslept
"well-informed"

Quote:
If this is truly the case, we have a VERY immature team and it's not Elliott's fault.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:43 PM
OCTA8ON*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
That's why they were all turnover machines? Because Elliott was in net? You're really reaching bud. He let in 1 bad goal, and we only scored 1 goal. This is not on the goalie.
Did I say it was just on the goalie? My first sentence was literally…"the blues don't want to play in front of elliot" and how they were lacking work ethic. You're the one reaching here, BUD.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Amazing how the refs choose not to call anything against the Stars.

Elliott had a bad game but our turnovers didn't help. I thought the 2nd goal should have counted, Oleksiak clearly pushed Cracknell's leg with his knee. Seems like we always get the short end of the stick when it comes to the refs but good teams will fight through that. We have to start capitalizing on our chances.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:44 PM
underslept
"well-informed"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh724 View Post
Since you seem to constantly bring it up that people suggest for Perron to be traded (which there are several reasons to do that are not related to his play), what do you think the team needs and how do you think they should do it? Please be specific about it too because you think every one else's ideas are horrible lets hear your ideas.
Amen.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Blanick
Winter is coming

Something needs to be done. We have got to get help on the left side of the defense, it is just terribad.

I know our forwards are racked with injuries right now but we have way too much talent still to only be putting up 1 goal. We barely even tested Lehtonen today. Yeah we had a good amount of shots but I can't think of one save Lehtonen made that I thought was robbery. Big chunks of sustained pressure, just not any quality chances.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:46 PM
OCTA8ON*

Quote:
Originally Posted by underslept View Post
If this is truly the case, we have a VERY immature team and it's not Elliott's fault.
I'm just describing what I've noticed. We started the game off pretty well, but AFTER the first goal, the Blues did not play on the same level. They were down 2-0 against Edmonton just 2 nights ago and stormed back. You can't deny that the forwards don't response well after goals when the goals are let in by Elliot opposed to Halak.

Elliot's second goal was also really bad though.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Honeycutt

Time for management to act.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:47 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Nobody is feeling good about this loss, but let's keep the discussion from getting personal.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:49 PM
GrandPapillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh724 View Post
1. Never dress D'Agostini again

2. Put Elliott on waivers today.

3. Since Armstrong failed to acquire a respectable LHD this offseasn or our ownership failed to shell out the money for one, make a trade for an average to above average one. Rattie and a 1st should get something useful.

4. When the team gets healthy, Cracknell and Porter in. Nichol and Reaves out. nichol is done being a useful player. Reaves is becoming the prototypical crusher who thought he was a rusher and became an usher.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:51 PM
underslept
"well-informed"

Quote:
I'm just describing what I've noticed. We started the game off pretty well, but AFTER the first goal, the Blues did not play on the same level. They were down 2-0 against Edmonton just 2 nights ago and stormed back. You can't deny that the forwards don't response well after goals when the goals are let in by Elliot opposed to Halak.

Elliot's second goal was also really bad though.
I disagree.

Obviously most recently the Blues did come back with Halak in net, but honestly I wouldn't expect the Blues to respond better with Halak in net regularly. They didn't versus Chicago. This team is too emotional and does not handle adversity well at all. Whether the Blues comeback in a game has very little to do with who's in net and much more to do with them suddenly playing positionally and intelligently for short spurts.

Old
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Quote:
1. Never dress D'Agostini again

2. Put Elliott on waivers today.

3. Since Armstrong failed to acquire a respectable LHD this offseasn or our ownership failed to shell out the money for one, make a trade for an average to above average one. Rattie and a 1st should get something useful.

4. When the team gets healthy, Cracknell and Porter in. Nichol and Reaves out. nichol is done being a useful player. Reaves is becoming the prototypical crusher who thought he was a rusher and became an usher.
What do you think Rattie and a 1st will get you?

Old
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
3rd game in 3.5 days against a rested Stars team. Valid excuse?

Old
03-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Fred Murtz

Jaromir Jagr PPG 4-1 . Even geriatrics pad their stats against us.

Old
superblues
:sarcasm: implied

Quote:
You've called out ownership for not ponying up a few times recently. Would you honestly prefer it if Checketts still owned the team? I'm not sure what you expect from a new owner who's trying to repair a decade's worth of financial damage.

Old
GrandPapillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
What do you think Rattie and a 1st will get you?
Not a superstar. Better than Redden, Cole, or Russell.

Old
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
3rd game in 3.5 days against a rested Stars team. Valid excuse?
Maybe for running out of gas at the end (the first two periods were clearly better for the Blues), but not for the gross mental mistakes at the end of the first two periods that killed the team's momentum.

Closed Thread