HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

la - dal

Old
03-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Minor Boarding

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman47 View Post
benn could play wing. worked for carter. if you dont think thats a major upgrade over brown idk what to tell u. benn has size, toffoli doesnt. benns skill and hockey sense exceeds browns by far. we need offense, open ur eyes. i proposed a great deal to dal. if they dont like this offer i'd throw in muzzin who projects to be a second pair d man.
What crappy reasoning. Again our top line 50 Pts/ 25G winger that happens to be top 5 in hits yearly and has just captained his team to the cup win, and has a great contract, our best offensive prospect (That isn't small) that is one of the best scorers in his rookie pro year in the AHL plus a first round draft choice for a player within our division we may not have the cap room for after this season?

Thanks to GOD Lombardi isn't Milbury enough for this videogame kind of crap to even cross his mind...

Just ridiculous.

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:16 PM
jpchabby

This proposal is absolutely insane... not sure if serious...

Benn is better than Brown, but not that better.

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:19 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Neither team does this. Dallas won't trade their #1C for a winger and futures, LA won't trade their Captain and top prospect.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 1951
I'm still stuck on the part where someone claimed Benn was injury prone...ummm what?

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellBetterBeGOD View Post
I'm still stuck on the part where someone claimed Benn was injury prone...ummm what?
His thigh is not impervious to skate cuts

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Monarchist

1) Brown draws penalties more than he takes them. That's the most important "Moneyball" type talent that is overlooked.
2) I grant that Benn was a good winger. All the criticism based on Benn being the wrong type of player to add because he is "another center" is misplaced.
3) Way too much for the Kings to give up.
4) The priority short term need for the Kings is a Physical defenseman with some minimal skating and offensive skill.
5) This is also the Kings' long term need if Forbort doesn't reach his potential. Someone like Marc Staal. Or an inferior version, like Braydon Coburn. A traded first round pick should go to acquiring something like that, not be part of a bundle of all the Kings' best assets that doesn't even fill the most glaring hole.

Monarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:59 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
first line: benn kopi willie
2nd: pens richie carts

when benn gets hurt u work around it like every other team. its not brain surgery.
If Penner is our second line LW then some brain surgery should be performed on someone. So two centers and an aging RW for our first line. TT IS being groomed to replace JW and he should be able to do that with ease. He is our 1st/2nd line RW of the future and we will need him soon enough.

And to the few delusional Dallas fans that have posted here (not all but a couple of you) I hope you never ever ever ever ever ever ever accuse anyone else of ever ever ever ever ever over valuing their own players again.

This deal is a ridiculously unfair deal to the Kings as of today, 3 years from now who knows but today it stinks on ice for the Kings.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:44 PM
HolyShot*
Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
1) Brown draws penalties more than he takes them. That's the most important "Moneyball" type talent that is overlooked.
2) I grant that Benn was a good winger. All the criticism based on Benn being the wrong type of player to add because he is "another center" is misplaced.
3) Way too much for the Kings to give up.
4) The priority short term need for the Kings is a Physical defenseman with some minimal skating and offensive skill.
5) This is also the Kings' long term need if Forbort doesn't reach his potential. Someone like Marc Staal. Or an inferior version, like Braydon Coburn. A traded first round pick should go to acquiring something like that, not be part of a bundle of all the Kings' best assets that doesn't even fill the most glaring hole.
Mitchell and greene will return and give us enough time for forbort/desaluriers to mature. Long term d is not our problem. Short term d is and without it we might not make playoffs. This team can't hang with other elite teams if brown is on the 1st line. Sutters system is a defensive/off the rush system that requires elite forwards with skill and can bang bodies. Dig pucks out and open up space for others to score. The camp that doesn't think we need someone else in browns spot doesn't understand what an elite winger can bring. I saw it in palffys days and league wide. Brown needs to go. His giveaways are reason enough.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:47 PM
HolyShot*
Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
If Penner is our second line LW then some brain surgery should be performed on someone. So two centers and an aging RW for our first line. TT IS being groomed to replace JW and he should be able to do that with ease. He is our 1st/2nd line RW of the future and we will need him soon enough.

And to the few delusional Dallas fans that have posted here (not all but a couple of you) I hope you never ever ever ever ever ever ever accuse anyone else of ever ever ever ever ever over valuing their own players again.

This deal is a ridiculously unfair deal to the Kings as of today, 3 years from now who knows but today it stinks on ice for the Kings.
Haha u think tt will replace jw? Jw is a rock. He's the reason our top line does decent. He's not that old and he's not injury prone. Why do u think dl signed him to an extension? Because he's aging and can't get it done. No way in hell you let jw go unless he just quits on the team. Brown is the weak link here. Ridiculous!

Old
03-03-2013, 06:52 PM
drizzydrew22*

Quote:
to dal:
brown
toffoli
2014 1st

to la:
benn

waddya think?
Overpayed by Los Angeles

drizzydrew22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:55 PM
HolyShot*
Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
hitman id like to first say ty for all the trade proposals it makes me look alot better when i try to make them lol jk Seriously Brown is a core piece huge part of this team and going no where I can seriously see him retiring with the organization and<b> ending up like luc</b>
Oh great. Let him retire with the kings in ten years just so he can become an exec. I see where you're going.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

I don't know why Kings players think they're getting the short end of the stick.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Captain Awesome

I would not cheer for the Dallas Stars if Dustin Brown played for us. Ever.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:31 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:

Why the **** would we say yes to this?

We trade Benn, the face of our franchise and a budding (super?) star for a decent 1st line winger whom we all dislike, a good wing prospect, and a low 1st?

Center is one of the weakest positions is our organization. We trade our best center to get stronger where we need it the least, on the wing. This trade is just stupid and not thought out at all, it has absolutely nothing to do with value.

The value is decent. Still probably wouldn't do it simply because of Benn's potential, but it's not bad in a vacuum.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:49 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Haha u think tt will replace jw? Jw is a rock. He's the reason our top line does decent. He's not that old and he's not injury prone. Why do u think dl signed him to an extension? Because he's aging and can't get it done. No way in hell you let jw go unless he just quits on the team. Brown is the weak link here. Ridiculous!
JW is 31 (32 this year) so he is getting past his prime and yes, it is obvious that TT is and has been being groomed to be JW's replacement and like I said, over the next year or two he will be able to step p and do so after he gets a season or so breaking into the NHL.

I love JW and what he brings to the team but lets see how the stats bare out your high opinion of him vs Dustin Brown.

For the first time in 4 season JW played in more than a handful of games back in 11 when he scored 22 goals and 35 assists for 57 points and then in 12 he scored 22goals and 33 assists for 55 points. Prior to that he hadn't scored more than 10 goals or played in 45 games over a five year span.

Like I said, I love what JW brings to the team but it isn't ridiculous to think that at 31 (closing on 32) that a player as injury prone as he is to begin slowing down and as such to start groming his replacement which is what DL, one of the best GM's in the game has done.

As for Brown since he came into the league full time in 04 he has never played less than 78 games. He has always lead or been near the top of the league in hits. He has scored more than 20 goals 6 times and has scored more than 53 points in all but one of his seasons in the NHL. He is and has been team Captain for several years and was a point per game player during last years cup run (20pts in 20 games). In addition he is only 28 years old.

So sorry but you are either clearly just trolling this thread for a laugh or really don't know what your talking about on this one imo.

Just an opinion but I can't see how you would rather hang onto JW for the next several years while ditching Brown in his prime with all that he brings to the table and JW's eventual replacement who is also the only true elite talent in our prospect pool.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:51 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
I don't know why Kings players think they're getting the short end of the stick.
Oh its easy, we are.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Satan
why did she go

vCash: 50
Counter:

LA Kings: 5th Round Draft Pick

Dallas Stars: Jamie Benn

what do you think??

Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:54 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Gary Oak View Post
Counter:

LA Kings: 5th Round Draft Pick

Dallas Stars: Jamie Benn

what do you think??
That you are horsing around and don't want to actually contribute?

Old
03-03-2013, 07:57 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Why the **** would we say yes to this?

We trade Benn, the face of our franchise and a budding (super?) star for a decent 1st line winger whom we all dislike, a good wing prospect, and a low 1st?

Center is one of the weakest positions is our organization. We trade our best center to get stronger where we need it the least, on the wing. This trade is just stupid and not thought out at all, it has absolutely nothing to do with value.

The value is decent. Still probably wouldn't do it simply because of Benn's potential, but it's not bad in a vacuum.
Ok let me take a stab at explaining the kings side of why we all think its a overpayment. I have no doubt that benn would be the best player in the deal long term but i think dallas is underesmating browns ability. Brown is a player that been with the kings long term and was the face of our fanchise for a while before kopitar drew etc got there. Brown is counted on to do alot of the kings pr work. If there courting a player hes the one that always comes thru to show the new player the town sorta thing. Hes also our captain of the now He just lead us to the cup ands its being seen as he s being blown off as just a way lesser player then benn

I think you also should know that tg is a person that scouts and follows the player in the minors closely. He is one of the best person on the kings boards for insights on player before they get in the nhl. He has called attension to serveral kings to myself and others way before they were king house hold names simmond martinez voynov scheen etc i can go on, .When it comes to toffolli tg has followed him from the beginning of his carrer.He has been saying toffoli is something special and has the charcter to fit on the kings well.

As far as the first goes we have traded alot of 1sts in our history for players that just hasnt worked out. So we need to value our pick more. I m not postive but if the op had said a 1st and brown for him or toffolli and brown im sure the reaction would have been alot less serve. 3 peices that high is too much in most of the king fan minds

I maybe off in my evaluation of this but to me it makes sence just my two cents

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Satan
why did she go

vCash: 50
Quote:
That you are horsing around and don't want to actually contribute?

Okay we (Dallas) will add 7th???

Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:03 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Ok let me take a stab at explaining the kings side of why we all think its a overpayment. I have no doubt that benn would be the best player in the deal long term but i think dallas is underesmating browns ability. Brown is a player that been with the kings long term and was the face of our fanchise for a while before kopitar drew etc got there. Brown is counted on to do alot of the kings pr work. If there courting a player hes the one that always comes thru to show the new player the town sorta thing. Hes also our captain of the now He just lead us to the cup ands its being seen as he s being blown off as just a way lesser player then benn

I think you also should know that tg is a person that scouts and follows the player in the minors closely. He is one of the best person on the kings boards for insights on player before they get in the nhl. He has called attension to serveral kings to myself and others way before they were king house hold names simmond martinez voynov scheen etc i can go on, .When it comes to toffolli tg has followed him from the beginning of his carrer.He has been saying toffoli is something special and has the charcter to fit on the kings well.

As far as the first goes we have traded alot of 1sts in our history for players that just hasnt worked out. So we need to value our pick more. I m not postive but if the op had said a 1st and brown for him or toffolli and brown im sure the reaction would have been alot less serve. 3 peices that high is too much in most of the king fan minds

Most Stars' fans despise Brown for reasons I won't name (to avoid a pissing match), and so we obviously won't value him as highly as you would (or even as he should be).

I really like Toffoli, and I do think he has first line potential, but he simply doesn't fill any kind of need for the Stars and is redundant.

If you'd read my entire post, I did agree that the value was fair IMO, and that's with my hatred of Brown.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Petes2424

Quote:

Lombardi would take this deal and high tail it to the bank. We're talking about one of the premier players in the game, who's not old btw. A 23 year old budding superstar is probably worth more than the package in the op. Brown is a fine player but nobody's going to confuse him with superstar status and Toffoli is still a prospect, although a very, very good one, you have to pay to get a guy like Benn. The first is mid to late so I wouldnt go crazy over that.

This would be a great deal for LA.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:11 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Lombardi would take this deal and high tail it to the bank. We're talking about one of the premier players in the game, who's not old btw. A 23 year old budding superstar is probably worth more than the package in the op. Brown is a fine player but nobody's going to confuse him with superstar status and Toffoli is still a prospect, although a very, very good one, you have to pay to get a guy like Benn. The first is mid to late so I wouldnt go crazy over that.

This would be a great deal for LA.
No, Lombardi really wouldn't. Love Benn but not at the cost of our first line balance, an elite prospect winger of which we have only one of (It is our only true weekness on the farm) and a 1st round pick that would only continue to hurt us down the road.

In two years when Benn has better established himself and TT is playing in our top 6 then the deal would be more fair but as it sits today it just doesn't work for the Kings on several levels. Regardless of the values of the players involved.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:14 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Most Stars' fans despise Brown for reasons I won't name (to avoid a pissing match), and so we obviously won't value him as highly as you would (or even as he should be).

I really like Toffoli, and I do think he has first line potential, but he simply doesn't fill any kind of need for the Stars and is redundant.

If you'd read my entire post, I did agree that the value was fair IMO, and that's with my hatred of Brown.
Well regardless of wheather hes hated or not( I can see why he can be just saying if hes on ur team he wouldnt be hated long )imo. This shouldnt be a reason to lower a players value if the fans hate him . As far as u thinking its fair its not its a over payment two of the 3 peices would be fair imo/

Old
03-03-2013, 08:16 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
No, Lombardi really wouldn't. Love Benn but not at the cost of our first line balance, an elite prospect winger of which we have only one of (It is our only true weekness on the farm) and a 1st round pick that would only continue to hurt us down the road.

In two years when Benn has better established himself and TT is playing in our top 6 then the deal would be more fair but as it sits today it just doesn't work for the Kings on several levels. Regardless of the values of the players involved.
Well said tg couldnt have said it better myself