HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens @ Boston Bruins | 730PM March 3, 2013 | RDS, NBCSN, TSN-HABS

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2013, 05:12 PM
  #151
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,399
vCash: 500
I won't be there tonight, god-speed fellas.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 05:13 PM
  #152
Pigems*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
It did happen that Price played both games...see Feb.2nd and 3rd. The others were split, yet games were chosen wisely. Budaj always played against the weakest opponent.
Maybe Therrien feels Boston is the weaker opponent.

Pigems* is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 05:14 PM
  #153
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 27,050
vCash: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
He has a charming smile.
Tyler has many young ladies as fans. They show up at every game with their "marry me Seguin signs" .

I bet the other players tease him.

Hope for an exciting game. Maybe some Montreal fans will be sitting near us.

__________________
"Bergeron...Bergeron !!!"
Ladyfan is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 05:14 PM
  #154
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 29,185
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I won't be there tonight, god-speed fellas.
Happy trails, WS. Just remember, if you're planning on getting plastered tonight - do not forget to wear your shoes when walking outside in all the snow.

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 05:19 PM
  #155
Pigems*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Which still would have been a terrible decision. This is Boston we're talking about. Price is paid to play the big games. And tonight is an awfully big one and a statement game as well.
Won't it be that much more of a statement when we beat them with Budaj in the net?

Pigems* is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 05:28 PM
  #156
bib
#believe
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahabsfanfromtoronto View Post
Is that Julien behind Rask?

bib is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 05:33 PM
  #157
Owen Wilson
Registered User
 
Owen Wilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 1,795
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Was this game originally a 6pm start? Or am I just too many beers in?

Owen Wilson is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 05:33 PM
  #158
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I won't be there tonight, god-speed fellas.
Is this because gionta scored 2 goals yesterday? Don't take it so hard, man.

overlords is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 05:36 PM
  #159
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
Don't know where you heard that. I sit next to the B's bench and can say I highly doubt Tyler has any "attitude " problems. He listens to the coaches and pays attention to his fellow players. He seems well liked by everyone.
I think it was last year, when he starts to break out. He started missing numerous team meetings. For a 19 yr old kid, even if hes the best player on the team, he's no bigger than them. Got scratched one ga,e by Julien.

Rosso Scuderia is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 05:46 PM
  #160
bib
#believe
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wilson View Post
Was this game originally a 6pm start? Or am I just too many beers in?
What's your brew?


bib is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:07 PM
  #161
Zaide
I'm a renegade
 
Zaide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montréal
Country: uriname
Posts: 65,803
vCash: 500
I don't have to work tonight, nor do I have any homework.

GDT will become another UT.

__________________
Zaide is online now  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:09 PM
  #162
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,269
vCash: 500
Clearly, when the Bs played at the BC, they were looking for a simple road game. They were not very good, to say the least and benefited from two defensive lapses and our inability to finish.

Tonight the crowd will want the Jack Edwards orgasm version so it'll be interesting to see how MT handles this. Have never gone into a game so pessimistically all season (I really miss Diaz and Bourque!), but hey, anything's possible. Just be smart when it comes to the goon fest.

habtastic is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:15 PM
  #163
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
Tyler has many young ladies as fans. They show up at every game with their "marry me Seguin signs" .

I bet the other players tease him.

Hope for an exciting game. Maybe some Montreal fans will be sitting near us.
Seguin is a terrific player. You guys are lucky to have him.

I was just discussing doing a road trip to Boston for the next Habs game there. We're willing to pay decent money for tickets but I doubt we could get anywhere near your seats! Nice!

Lshap is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:20 PM
  #164
bib
#believe
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500


From Jack Edward's dreams (no shop).

bib is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:22 PM
  #165
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go
 
We Want The 25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,178
vCash: 500
the game is also on tsn-habs for those who have it

We Want The 25 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:23 PM
  #166
bigred50
.
 
bigred50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Kiribati
Posts: 2,500
vCash: 500
Well, I'm planning on watching this game via GameCentre - I'm gonna see how long I can stand the Bruins broadcast... Jack Edwards is hilarious.

bigred50 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:23 PM
  #167
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post


From Jack Edward's dreams (no shop).
?

He wants a retirement plan from TD with the specifics in French and an online tool to calculate his savings?

Does this have something to do with TD Banknorth Gardens?

(kidding...I'm guessing problem with IMG)

edit: just noticed that it's two guys. not sure if that was the "joke" and if it's actually the right picture.

habtastic is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:25 PM
  #168
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Clearly, when the Bs played at the BC, they were looking for a simple road game. They were not very good, to say the least and benefited from two defensive lapses and our inability to finish.

Tonight the crowd will want the Jack Edwards orgasm version so it'll be interesting to see how MT handles this. Have never gone into a game so pessimistically all season (I really miss Diaz and Bourque!), but hey, anything's possible. Just be smart when it comes to the goon fest.
I'll repeat what I've said before: Boston isn't really a 'goon' team. Playing tough isn't the same as gooning it up. Their worst offenders are Lucic, who's most likely to engage in stupid stuff, and Marchand, who's the only Bruin I'd call dirty. The rest of the roster is tough and solid, but mostly clean. Which is why, beyond the fan rivalry, we rarely have on-ice issues with Boston. The exceptions do NOT prove the rule.

Toronto has become much closer to a team with a goon mentality, with players who are drunk with a false sense of power. Aside from the professional goon, Orr, even their captain, Phaneuf, was acting like a dirty, reckless goon last week. They wanted to send us a message. Well, they did - just not the one they wanted.

By comparison, Bruins are squeaky clean and much more skilled.

Lshap is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:27 PM
  #169
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred50 View Post
Well, I'm planning on watching this game via GameCentre - I'm gonna see how long I can stand the Bruins broadcast... Jack Edwards is hilarious.
Not cool to make fun of the mentally challenged.

habtastic is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:27 PM
  #170
bib
#believe
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
?

He wants a retirement plan from TD with the specifics in French and an online tool to calculate his savings?

Does this have something to do with TD Banknorth Gardens?

(kidding...I'm guessing problem with IMG)

edit: just noticed that it's two guys. not sure if that was the "joke" and if it's actually the right picture.
Saw it on RDS, had to double take.

Not sure if it was an ad directed at me or what, if so, their mistake.

Maybe it was those Madonna videos I was watching that one day

bib is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:28 PM
  #171
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred50 View Post
Well, I'm planning on watching this game via GameCentre - I'm gonna see how long I can stand the Bruins broadcast... Jack Edwards is hilarious.
Edwards can be a really good, really objective broadcaster 90% of the time. But then it's like he has a mini-stroke and starts rambling about nonsense or laughing inappropriately.

Lshap is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:29 PM
  #172
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
I'll repeat what I've said before: Boston isn't really a 'goon' team. Playing tough isn't the same as gooning it up. Their worst offenders are Lucic, who's most likely to engage in stupid stuff, and Marchand, who's the only Bruin I'd call dirty. The rest of the roster is tough and solid, but mostly clean. Which is why, beyond the fan rivalry, we rarely have on-ice issues with Boston. The exceptions do NOT prove the rule.

Toronto has become much closer to a team with a goon mentality, with players who are drunk with a false sense of power. Aside from the professional goon, Orr, even their captain, Phaneuf, was acting like a dirty, reckless goon last week. They wanted to send us a message. Well, they did - just not the one they wanted.

By comparison, Bruins are squeaky clean and much more skilled.
As I said, they didn't goon it up in Montreal because that's not really the way they need to play to win, BUT my point about this being in Boston changes that. Their fans are bloodthirsty and it does change the way they come at us. This could be something to take advantage of. We'll see how it plays out. My bet is that they'll try something goonish to see where it gets them.

We need goals. Early and lots.

BTW, totally agree about toronto

habtastic is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:31 PM
  #173
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,302
vCash: 500
an oil fan posted this in our trade rumor thread

@Bob_Stauffer: Former Oiler, Scott Mellanby, now Director of Player Personnel for Montreal: at 2nd straight Oilers game..start the rumours..lol!


interesting. Mellanby doesn't usually make the rounds unless something is up

Hugo Sham is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:31 PM
  #174
Pakiman740
Registered User
 
Pakiman740's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Penalty Box
Country: United States
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Sorry but that's a stupid decision to go with Budaj. Totally stupid. Budaj is there to help Price against weaker teams. You don't start a goalie controversy. And you don't attack what could be an already fragile frame of mind from Price after that game last night. Makes no sense whatsoever.
I think montreal is nowhere near a goalie controversy, gosh with the confidence in this thread if i was budaj i'd ask patrick roy for assistance

Pakiman740 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:33 PM
  #175
Pakiman740
Registered User
 
Pakiman740's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Penalty Box
Country: United States
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Edwards can be a really good, really objective broadcaster 90% of the time. But then it's like he has a mini-stroke and starts rambling about nonsense or laughing inappropriately.
as a bruins fan i agree he is a major homa', but still if montreal announcers did the same, i may actually watch a few habs game

Pakiman740 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.