HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hawks Goaltending

Old
02-26-2013, 02:31 PM
STL Hockey*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Please shed some light as to why Emery is better than Crawford, from your perspective as a goalie?
all i need to say is i could drive a semi through craws five hole enough said

STL Hockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

you couldn't... even the best paid hockey players in the world can't as of now

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:45 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL Hockey View Post
based on playing real hockey and playing goalie crawford is not better than emery just cuz Q named him the number 1 in the beginning of the year doesnt mean crap. Emery has been waiting for this and is seizing the moment
Q made the mistake of handing the job to CC last season. I don't think he'll repeat that this season - if both goalies keep this up, I think he'll play them both right up to the last few games, hence keeping each of them ready to play in a moment's notice. This winning streak could end up taking some pressure off and making the decision to play both easier.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:33 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
and crawford will ha? emery has a better track record than him at least he made it to a cup
So did Michael Leighton. If you can score with ease on Crow, I'd love to know what professional team you play for.

But that's just my opinion, as someone who played the game all my life.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:16 PM
KyleJRM

In the history of the internet, no post finished with "enough said" has ever been correct.

KyleJRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:47 PM
The Good Doctor
RIP HST (1937-2005)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
In the history of the internet, no post finished with "enough said" has ever been correct.
Enough said.

The Good Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:51 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
and crawford will ha? emery has a better track record than him at least he made it to a cup
Niemi made it to the Finals and has a ring. Doesn't mean he's better than Lundqvist.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:54 PM
Kurtosis
Win it for Theo

Quote:
I hate and love you so much at the same time. It truly is amazing Kyle...Just saying.

Last edited by Kurtosis: 02-26-2013 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Concerning NSBB
Kurtosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:18 AM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

Quote:
At least it wasn't the dreaded "enuf said".

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:22 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
So did Michael Leighton. If you can score with ease on Crow, I'd love to know what professional team you play for.

But that's just my opinion, as someone who played the game all my life.
CC and Emery are both pretty good at stopping the initial shot. It is their inability to recover in case of a rebound that is worrisome. Emery may be better at it then Crawford, but then again he tends to leave more rebounds, so I reckon it's kind of a saw off between the two.

Quite often we have seen the D bail the team out from loose pucks around the crease, or the ops blow chances numerous times this season. You can't expect that to happen every game ...

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:12 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
CC and Emery are both pretty good at stopping the initial shot. It is their inability to recover in case of a rebound that is worrisome. Emery may be better at it then Crawford, but then again he tends to leave more rebounds, so I reckon it's kind of a saw off between the two.

Quite often we have seen the D bail the team out from loose pucks around the crease, or the ops blow chances numerous times this season. You can't expect that to happen every game ...
Emery needs to be better at considering he kicks out far more rebounds.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Sarava

I have to say...Crawford is making me eat a plateful of 'crow'. I hope he keeps it up especially in the playoffs. Would love nothing more than to celebrate a Cup and say how wrong I was about him.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:47 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Q made the mistake of handing the job to CC last season. I don't think he'll repeat that this season - if both goalies keep this up, I think he'll play them both right up to the last few games, hence keeping each of them ready to play in a moment's notice. This winning streak could end up taking some pressure off and making the decision to play both easier.
It wasn't a mistake. Corey Crawford was/is/will be Chicago's starter. You play your starter down the strech and in the playoffs.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:35 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I have to say...Crawford is making me eat a plateful of 'crow'. I hope he keeps it up especially in the playoffs. Would love nothing more than to celebrate a Cup and say how wrong I was about him.
Same. In fact I was so down on both goalies that I didn't think the hawks would even make the playoffs in this shortened season. Now you can point to a bunch of things, biggest for me is the hawks new found ability to block point shots which they rarely ever did under Q in the past, for the lower GAA but I must say this is no smoke and mirrors, both of these guys have played fantastic this season...and I do mean FANTASTIC!

Everyone is entitled to a soft goal, just don't do it late with the game on the line because that to me shows a lack of focus.

Emery has been way above "back-up" good this year he's been legit #1 good. Problem for him is Crawford has been better, amazingly better. He's been best in the league great to this point!

RFIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:39 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I wasn't as down as some on Crow, but I certainly had serious doubts whether or not his rookie year was what he was or if shooters had him figured out. Like you, I'm very glad to have been wrong about him.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:36 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Crawford is so easy to score on that he leads the NHL is GAA at 1.42, so apparently every 10 year old on the planet could score 10 on Crawford but the best players in the world can't score more then 1.5? AWESOME!

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:38 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Emerys numbers where worse last year then Craws. Your starter plays the majority of the games, its how it goes and Craw is this teams starter until he proves he can't handle it and Emery proves he can. Last year neither deserved it this year both do but Crawford still has the better numbers.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:39 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
I wasn't as down as some on Crow, but I certainly had serious doubts whether or not his rookie year was what he was or if shooters had him figured out. Like you, I'm very glad to have been wrong about him.
I am in the same boat, I was willing to give Craw a 2nd chance this year but wanted a legit 1A in case he failed. Right now he is playing better then ever and making all doubters look silly. If he does the same in May and June then I will have nothing left to say.

Old
03-04-2013, 04:55 AM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Wonder who gets the nets this week?

Thinking he comes back with CC tomorrow vs Minny, then Emery Wed and CC back on Friday but I could just as easily see Emery tomorrow night too.

Decisions, decisions...as with the rest of the team, just don't wear CC out before the playoffs and in his case, be careful coming back from the last 2 injuries he sustained.

RFIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:33 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

as of now, we talk who should start because BOTH play great. Better than last year when both sucked most of the time

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:13 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

I'd start Crawford Tuesday then Emery Wednesday giving Crawford an extra days rest for Fridays game. Won't really care which one plays Tuesday/Wednesday if it goes the other way though.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Cullksinikers

I agree with that.

Crawford is playing his best regular season hockey for us. What a beast. I was an advocate for bringing in another goalie to push him, but he pushed himself into Vezina contention for the time being. Is he elite? No. Is he good and off to an elite start? Definitely.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:59 AM
TwistedWrister90

Crawford came up huge against the Wings. Some of those saves in the 3rd period and OT were ridiculous. Detroit could have easily added a goal or two after taking the lead.

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Hawkaholic

Crawford was unblievable yesterday, I'm really starting to think last year was the sophmore slump and that he will turn into the next franchise goalie that we need. I might be getting ahead of myself, but I'll take him over any goalie that has been available over the last 2 seasons. Luongo included.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:18 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Crawford is a boss.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote