HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Desharnais Discussion (Slow Start & Contact Talk)

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2013, 05:13 PM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
Well, let's use your theory about TOI and penalty....nut on the Powerplay production.

Eller managed 2 points in PP while playing about 15 minutes
DD managed 4 points in PP while playing about 65 minutes

If Eller would have get the 65 minutes we gave to DD....he would have roughly 9 points in PP so far.....and would be a much much more effective screening guy due to his size.....what are we waiting for???

But it's not about one point....it's the combination of it all.
The rest of the season might change my mind.....but here's the thing (since you involved Eller in the discussion)

Eller = 9 points at even-strenght in 19 games
DD= 9 points at even strenght in 21 games

I won't repeat what i said about the production on PP between Eller and DD.

Eller is better in the PK, got more passes than DD in 2 games less (Elite vision?), is way more physical, more reliable defensively, younger, bigger, stronger, faster, better in faceoffs....and comes next year, Eller will be cheaper too.

If it goes on like that....why the habs should keep DD?

Like i said, DD must do better (in order to keep him with the habs)
nothing left to say my good man

BANG ON

Old
03-03-2013, 05:19 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
He would be a completely different player.

Right now coaches have to structure the team to accommodate his limitations. The cascade of repercussions throughout the lineup make him a negative.

Why is Galchenyuk no longer a center? Because they want to give those minutes to the DD line.
Uhh.. no. It's cause Eller earned more minutes by playing awesome. Therrien actually gave an exact interview why Galchenyuk got switched to the wing - but keep making stuff up.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
I mostly agree (he is not "easily" over-matched along the boards imo; his compete level is really high and somewhat, partially, compensate his blatant lack of strenght) but based on how Therrien is distributing the TOI, I would replace “top 2 C” with “secondary scoring centre”. Plekanec’s line will always play against the tougher competition (he is a borderline elite 2 ways centre; only a few steps behind guys like Datsyuk and Bergeron imo) but on any given night, our “2nd” or “3rd” line can be our best line.

As long as Desharnais’ contract remains cap friendly, he is a valuable asset: elite vision, high compete level, no bs/low maintenance attitude... just use the “saved” money elsewhere!

Thus far, 3 well balanced lines + a sound 4th seem to be working and I would be willing to move forward with the same recipe.

Just for the record: Desharnais is physically weak even when you compare him to small players like Gionta, Saint-Louis, Bouillon... and he sometimes looks lost once our opponents gain control in our zone. That’s why I would be the first one to wish him luck... with his new team if he is looking for a 4M$+ contract!

Right now, with an alert coach behind the bench, he is a chirurgical deadly weapon. And I can also picture him taking a home town discount.
well said. the other factor is his chemistry with pacioretty. normally that doesn't always matter but i've yet to see max play well with any of the other three centers

Old
03-03-2013, 05:27 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
nothing left to say my good man

BANG ON
That's the problem when an otherwise intelligent person (thebinne) makes an half-assed analysis, without factoring everything, or with inappropriate weighing.

Some people who aren't as gifted fall for it.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:32 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Can I ask a question...

What one of our centers are playing poorly? NONE. Why are we fighting about this? We have incredible depth and its CHEAP right now. It's fantastic. Why do people feel the need to hate one (be it DD, Eller, Pleks, or even White).

If Galchenyuk turns into a #1 center, GREAT! We'll have 3 offensive centers and as long as two or three of them come relatively cheap, we can convert one to the wing. Depth is incredible.

If Eller or DD play wing, we get an injury, we'll have the absolute best replacement for Center, instead of working with a Ryan White or something on a top-9 line.

Just my two cents, but the C debates are ridiculous. This isn't like the Halak/Price situation. There isn't only one net. There is tons of ice-time that can be moved around.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Can I ask a question...

Just my two cents, but the C debates are ridiculous. This isn't like the Halak/Price situation. There isn't only one net. There is tons of ice-time that can be moved around.
Gotta agree with your entire post.

I remember the minute that Galchenyuk was drafted, there was immediately a "who should we trade? Plekanec, DD or Eller?" type thread produced. For the longest time we have lacked depth at C, and we finally have a reasonable lineup down the middle. Life is good.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Can I ask a question...

What one of our centers are playing poorly? NONE. Why are we fighting about this? We have incredible depth and its CHEAP right now. It's fantastic. Why do people feel the need to hate one (be it DD, Eller, Pleks, or even White).

If Galchenyuk turns into a #1 center, GREAT! We'll have 3 offensive centers and as long as two or three of them come relatively cheap, we can convert one to the wing. Depth is incredible.

If Eller or DD play wing, we get an injury, we'll have the absolute best replacement for Center, instead of working with a Ryan White or something on a top-9 line.

Our center line is too small and soft. Will crumble in the playoff.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Can I ask a question...

Agree. It will, however become interesting this summer to see what DD will ask for.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:43 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Can I ask a question...

Well said! People are annoying. We're doing better than anyone imagined and having all these guys is a huge reason why. Our depth is excellent. With Eller and DD, we wouldn't be standing anywhere near where we are.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:45 PM
habtastic

I'm guessing the thread title is a typo. Contract vs contact? This isn't about him being sofff is it?

Old
03-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
Well said! People are annoying. We're doing better than anyone imagined and having all these guys is a huge reason why. Our depth is excellent. With Eller and DD, we wouldn't be standing anywhere near where we are.
We have a good regular season start. Yet this team wont succeed in the playoffs.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:46 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Agree. It will, however become interesting this summer to see what DD will ask for.
If anything, that might basically determines who leaves and who stays in the medium term. If DD asks for more than 3.5, then I'm pretty sure he'll be shown the door, or traded shortly afterwards. If he stays for something like 2M, then he's probably a fixture in this lineup for many years.

Not to mention that we could really use some help in other positions.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:47 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Honestly, I think they'll settle somewhere around $2.5-$3M per for 4-years.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:49 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
We have a good regular season start. Yet this team wont succeed in the playoffs.
Oh come now, Pat, this optimism of late from you is so out of character.

Have you bought your Plekanec jersey yet?

Old
03-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Honestly, I think they'll settle somewhere around $2.5-$3M per for 4-years.
Sub $3M would be ideal.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:21 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Can I ask a question...

You can end the thread there.

(more hate coming now)

Old
03-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Oh come now, Pat, this optimism of late from you is so out of character.

Have you bought your Plekanec jersey yet?
Yes and in pink

Old
03-03-2013, 08:26 PM
rockjngo

DD HAS FALLEN 12 TIMES THROUGH 2 PERIODS.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
So what ? DD is one of the best Habs tonight so far.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:38 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
You've been writing in big bold letters for the 12th time in this thread! And it's not making your argument look any more intelligent.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:50 PM
MXD

Quote:
DD also has 2 goals and one perfect screening, by the way.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:06 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
DD also has 2 goals and one perfect screening, by the way.
but he fell OMG!

i just love how the goalpost keeps being moved

first: "he's gonna crumble against tough teams"

owns the broons

second: "he's gonna crumble in the playoffs"

we'll see

Old
03-03-2013, 09:12 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
but he fell OMG!

i just love how the goalpost keeps being moved

first: "he's gonna crumble against tough teams"

owns the broons

second: "he's gonna crumble in the playoffs"

we'll see
We should never move goalposts based on one game.

DD is a good player having an even better game.

I just think they should experiment with him on the wings.

Gomez-Gionta-Desharnais was decent in the 2011 playoffs, contrary to the analysis of people who say DD cannot play wing

Long term, I want the top two centers to be Galchenyuk and Plekanec, which means no room for DD... as an offensive center.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Kjell Dahlin

dd has fallen!!

Old
03-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Et le But

Whatever flaws he has, he's such an intelligent player.

Closed Thread