HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

JVR to Edmonton

Old
03-03-2013, 06:43 PM
RomanianLeafs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
So then RNH is not worth a 1st until he proves he can produce as a top 6 C can.
haha this u owned that guy

RomanianLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:43 PM
The Legend
Stamkos in 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
I am on the same boat with this poster.

When u look at it closely and take every thought into consideration, this is an excellent offer for JVR, and also quite an overpayment if it turns out to be a potential top 5 or 6 pick.

I would have a hard time declining this offer if any of one of Mackinon, Jones, Monahan, Barkov, Lindholm, or Drouin are on the table because I certainly think these guy would do much higher impact than JVR and quite easily possess higher potential than him.

But like this poster says, JVR is a pretty unique player that we haven't had in a long time. He is greatly needed here in Leafs nation because of his big size, frame, speed, skillset, and ability to go hard to the net.

The issue then is this - if this deal is only fair if the pick nets one of those guys, then why not just wait until the offseason?

The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:56 PM
duul

vCash: 169
This was my thinking when making this thread. JVR is a big body high pick who hasn't panned out yet. The Oilers would be giving up a 1st round pick that in all likelyhood will net another very strong player, possibly better than JVR.

It makes the Oilers better now and gives the Leafs a great shot at getting a player better than JVR in the near future.

I had no idea the Leafs all of a sudden value JVR so highly due to his 20 games of good production, and certainly didn't expect them to want one of the big 4 for him hahahaha.

duul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:01 PM
zeus3007*

Can we put a ban on Leaf-Oiler proposals please. This is getting ridiculous.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
This was my thinking when making this thread. JVR is a big body high pick who hasn't panned out yet. The Oilers would be giving up a 1st round pick that in all likelyhood will net another very strong player, possibly better than JVR.

It makes the Oilers better now and gives the Leafs a great shot at getting a player better than JVR in the near future.

I had no idea the Leafs all of a sudden value JVR so highly due to his 20 games of good production, and certainly didn't expect them to want one of the big 4 for him hahahaha.
JVR is 23. Eberle is 22.

There is not much of an age difference between the two...

We have every right to value JVR as high as one of your big 4, as he would give you guys a big 5.
Leafs haven't had a player like JvR In a long time. He has elite speed, good hands, good shot, and most importantly he crashes the net and screens opposing goalies. He was a recent 2nd overall selection, and has shown flashes of dominance in the past (see his playoffs a couple years back). He needed a change of scenery, and is starting to look like that big scorer that he was envisioned to be when drafted. And he's only 23!!

No need to trade him for a pick and hope that the pick develops into something like him, and risk the chance of the pick busting. It also makes us worse now.

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Hawaiinleaf

i can't wait for the Leafs to play the Oilers and man handle them no way Edmonton can handle the Leafs

Hawaiinleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
No thanks, Gardiner has concussion issues and Edmonton has more of a need of RNH.
Quote:
Gardiner is not worth a 1st right now, until he can prove he has fully recovered.
Gardiner got one concussion and now he has concussion issues.

RNH has had multiple shoulder problems but they are not a worry at all right?

HFboards logic

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Phatic

Quote:
JVR is 23. Eberle is 22.

We have every right to value JVR as high as one of your big 4, as he would give you guys a big 5.
Leafs haven't had a player like JvR In a long time. He has elite speed, good hands, good shot, and most importantly he crashes the net and screens opposing goalies. He was a recent 2nd overall selection, and has shown flashes of dominance in the past (see his playoffs a couple years back). He needed a change of scenery, and is starting to look like that big scorer that he was envisioned to be when drafted. And he's only 23!!

No need to trade him for a pick and hope that the pick develops into something like him, and risk the chance of the pick busting. It also makes us worse now.
you forgot to mention hes locked up long term on a sweet heart deal: 4.25 aa through 2018.

Phatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatic View Post
you forgot to mention hes locked up long term on a sweet heart deal: 4.25 aa through 2018.
Yup. That contract is beautiful.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:24 PM
duul

vCash: 169
Quote:
JVR is 23. Eberle is 22.

The difference between the two is one is a NHL all star while the other is on a hot streak. Any rational fan would understand JVR is not worth anything close to our big 4 right now. Even a top 1st round pick for him could be an overpayment in a lot of teams eyes.

duul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:25 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:

Were in a playoff position. Trading our leading scorer for a draft pick does absolutely ZERO for us RIGHT NOW.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
The difference between the two is one is a NHL all star while the other is on a hot streak. Any rational fan would understand JVR is not worth anything close to our big 4 right now. Even a top 1st round pick for him could be an overpayment in a lot of teams eyes.
I really have no clue what you are trying to say.

JVR has been the leafs 2nd best forward behind Kadri this year. He definitely would've had some looks for the all star team if there was one this year.

I'm not saying he's better than Eberle, but to say he's not worth the 9th overall pick is laughable. Eberle or Hall are the only players who improve the leafs now, so they would be the ones we target in a deal for JVR. RNH also because we need a C.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
i can't wait for the Leafs to play the Oilers and man handle them no way Edmonton can handle the Leafs
You never know. Edmonton isn't being destroyed like you're suggesting. We've played very well this year and have taken some of the best teams into overtime.

But yeah no way we can handle the leafs cuz they're so much better than Vancouver, Chicago, or LA right?

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 09:18 PM
blueNwhite89

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Can we put a ban on Leaf-Oiler proposals please. This is getting ridiculous.
Why don't you just refrain from clicking on the threads? Doesn't seem so difficult, don't you think?

blueNwhite89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 09:32 PM
supert

Quote:
Take your binders off, they were asking for RNH for JVR.
Yeah he was but he also never said it was fair . As an Oiler fan if i was to trade RNH i would want an big time over payment with 2 center coming back that are physical and are consider at least great second liners . something like the Shenn brothers and Cout , Not going to happen . If i posted it i would get flamed big time . The point is JVR requires a big over payment , just like the Nuge requires a bigger over payment for us

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:33 PM
VO5

Quote:
Sorry guys I know he struggled last year, didn't know he was playing so much better this season.
Last year he battled through injuries on a stacked flyers squad....are you surprised his numbers portrayed he struggled?

VO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:37 PM
Sterling31
YNWA

Quote:
Gardiner is not worth a 1st right now, until he can prove he has fully recovered.
I respect you saying that.

He is worth a more than a 1st to our management though. He has proven that his value to us is more than dipping back in for another apple.

In saying that, the value of JvR is skewed on both sides. the fact is - Generally you dont look for value when a player has found his niche on our team. That is why I hate these threads, it's hard to gauge value when they aren't being moved.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:25 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanianLeafs View Post
haha this u owned that guy
How so, when he didn't have a clue as usual what he's talking about.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:32 AM
broc

JVR >>>>> edmontons currently 9th overall first rounder.

This is awful, and you Edmonton dudes started it.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:12 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
tried to stay out of this-- are you suggesting that this season is how JVR will PLAY EVERY season and Nuge the same thing?
It's set in stone for the rest of their careers. Not even debatable.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:12 AM
WeekendAtBernies

If the Maple Leafs decide they are re-signing Kessel after this season (and Kessel agrees obviously) and EDM's first round pick is high enough that the TML have a chance to draft an impact center (Drouin, Barkov, MacKinnon, etc.) this trade could make some sense.

As of right now though? No. Toronto is currently in a playoff position and they'd be trading their leading goal-scorer to an EDM team that's 2nd to last in their conference. That move would no doubt hurt Toronto severely and would improve Edmonton, so Toronto would basically be killing their own playoff chances while giving Edmonton a good piece which would improve their team and cause Toronto's only acquisition in this trade (EDM's 1st round pick) to lose value, as Edmonton's pick goes from 9th overall to 10th overall to out of the top 10 altogether.

Way too much risk for Toronto. If things worked out perfectly wrong for them, they could end up without JVR, with Monahan as the best center on the board, and with Kessel so distraught over the state of the team that he's definitely leaving via free agency.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:54 AM
14eberle

JVR + Gardiner and + for Yakupov! Not eberle, or hall or nuge. TO would not be interested. OR.
Gagner + for JVR. if JVR is having an outstanding statistical season as a young player... so is Gagner. If JVR can be justified as a 1st line LW so can Gagner as a 1C.. well based on this years stats alone, and the fact that they are the exact same age! i add the +, since JVR is a bigger body and thats what everyone will reply to me with, but guess what that size is still getting him similar points to Gagner.

14eberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:29 AM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

No thanks. Never been impressed with JVR, as soon as it looks like he's gonna turn into the player he was drafted to be he disappoints. Ill wait till he's played a full season with Toronto to see if he's actually worth one of the Oilers big 4, which I highly doubt he ever will be.

Gritzky98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:59 AM
broc

JVR was in injury mode last season
He was also far and away Phillys best player in the playoffs before that.
Gagner for JVR = joke. Get lost. Leafs counter with Gardiner for nuge. Nuge is having a down season, so it works right ? That's how you sound.

JVR is playing like a 23 year old top liner with size and speed. A first rounder is not even close to enough for him.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:06 AM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Another typical oilers trade thread...we'll take your young star but we won't trade you one back
Are you surprised? That's what the Edmonton Oilers are all about now. Who needs to win now when they can collect number 1 picks for the next decade. Screw established players! it's all about the youth baby!!! Tambo is already trying to figure out who to pick this year MacKinnon or Jones I kid I kid, I'm just poking a little fun at them.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote