HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ben Eager to the Habs

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2013, 06:22 PM
ginovegas

vCash: 500
if we want a heavy weight to play against Toronto or Boston why not just go after Parros
he has a 1 year deal at 990K, and I'm sure Panthers would let him go for not much

Prust / White / Parros
Moen / Prust / Parros

either combo would do very nicely

Old
03-03-2013, 06:27 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Yes, I brought those other players to the discussion because they supply more of what we NEED than Eager does. As stated in this thread over and over, we have players on our 4th who do what Eager does. We need someone better than Eager for our team, someone who can fight as well as hit and provide some energy. Every guy I mentioned can and will fight anyone in the game. Winning the fight is a different story. Eager won't even fight. So, yes, those guys do fit the criteria better. I also brought up Kassian as the primary guy to get over Eager, you gloss that point over nicely.
Kassian was covered in the first sentence of my first reply.

He can't skate or hit.

Old
03-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 691
If they were that worried about having a heavyweight they woudln't have let Alex Henry go to Europe. The team doesn't need a heavyweight, they need their PP to be better so teams don't act like neanderthals.

Old
03-03-2013, 06:58 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
I am not expecting anything of Edmonton, but merely noting an overvalued assessment when I see one. Keep Eager and be happy with him but to expect the returns Oiler fans have tossed around in this thread is ridiculous. He is an inferior player to Ponikarovsky, who just went for what, a fourth? I could see Moen going but Eller, not even close.
The original post asked what the Oilers would need to move him. We don`t want to, so we`d need an overpayment. Nobody is expecting Montreal to overpay, but, again, if Montreal is asking about Eager, its for something we need, not depth picks and ****** prospects.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:08 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
If they were that worried about having a heavyweight they woudln't have let Alex Henry go to Europe. The team doesn't need a heavyweight, they need their PP to be better so teams don't act like neanderthals.
team mentality have changed. Gauthier and Martin are gone.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:21 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
if we want a heavy weight to play against Toronto or Boston why not just go after Parros
he has a 1 year deal at 990K, and I'm sure Panthers would let him go for not much

Prust / White / Parros
Moen / Prust / Parros

Parros can't play hockey.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
For each person who you've agreed with, there were 5 who didn't agree. That's my point. You will NOT find an agreement with a fan base, as you say, but with ONE or SOME fans from other teams.

I think you misunderstood. I wasn't suggesting you weren't following the rules. I just find that at some point, if someone grow tired of a thread, they should just skip over it instead of polluting it with the same thing over and over again. But that's just me, I guess.

I'll give you the example of the "Value of Carey Price" thread. I find it to be useless because I just can't see being even an hypothetical question. Instead of debating in it, I didn't go read it. Others, I'll post my two cents (can we still say that now that they're gone?) and I'll move to something else. This allows those who still want to discuss it to do so in peace.

On my Twitter the other day, I suggested Moen and there were some mix responses. Some liked it, others didn't. If you find my sarcasm silly, why do you follow me on Twitter and keep reading me here?

The goal isn't to come to an agreement here, it will NEVER happen. The goal is to have discussions. You don't like the thread? Move along. I find Eager useful, others disagree. That's okay, agree to disagree. Easy isn't it?
I don't follow anyone on twitter. I have no use for something that starts with the word "twit"! I don't follow anyone here, either. I was commenting on a post where you directly involved me by quoting me.

I join threads to discuss trade proposals. Sometimes along the way I feel the need to defend my team, players, and some fellow fans. At some point the thread should be closed because it is going nowhere. When that happens, I suggest the thread close. Sometimes, a moderator agrees and closes it, sometimes not.

If Eager is so useful, could you please make a proposal so the thread might get back on track? Easy, isn't it?

Old
03-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
The original post asked what the Oilers would need to move him. We don`t want to, so we`d need an overpayment. Nobody is expecting Montreal to overpay, but, again, if Montreal is asking about Eager, its for something we need, not depth picks and ****** prospects.
Actually, "Montreal" isn't "asking" for Eager, ONE fan from Montreal was, and his was pretty much the lone voice from "Montreal" interested in Eager. The resounding majority of Montreal fans in this thread have been clear that we do not want Eager at all, never mind for an overpayment. Please keep that in mind.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Actually, "Montreal" isn't "asking" for Eager, ONE fan from Montreal was, and his was pretty much the lone voice from "Montreal" interested in Eager. The resounding majority of Montreal fans in this thread have been clear that we do not want Eager at all, never mind for an overpayment. Please keep that in mind.
exactly no need for eager

Old
03-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
I don't follow anyone on twitter. I have no use for something that starts with the word "twit"! I don't follow anyone here, either. I was commenting on a post where you directly involved me by quoting me.

I join threads to discuss trade proposals. Sometimes along the way I feel the need to defend my team, players, and some fellow fans. At some point the thread should be closed because it is going nowhere. When that happens, I suggest the thread close. Sometimes, a moderator agrees and closes it, sometimes not.

If Eager is so useful, could you please make a proposal so the thread might get back on track? Easy, isn't it?
I did... in the very post you quoted.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I did... in the very post you quoted.
Yes, you made that "offer" with post #23 on page 1. It got nothing in the way of a counter offer. Heck, it didn't even generate a real reply from an Oiler fan. All you have done since then is argue with people. You have done nothing to further the discussion with any other trade proposals. That is why the thread should be closed. It is great to see you laughing without realizing you proved my point for me.

So, shall we let the thread die, will you make an actual new proposal for Eager to be discussed, or shall we continue this pointless stupidity until a moderator shuts it down or I decide to let you "win" by giving you the last word so you can feel like a man (I know where I would place MY bet!).

Old
03-04-2013, 01:23 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
So we were answering that one fans question anyway. Don't get pissy if you don't like the answer that fan gets. No need to take it as personally as a lot of Habs fans have here. We don't want to trade him, that's that.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
So we were answering that one fans question anyway. Don't get pissy if you don't like the answer that fan gets. No need to take it as personally as a lot of Habs fans have here. We don't want to trade him, that's that.
Exactly. And it's fair. Some here are underrating Eager. That's fine. This is why the thread has the "Value of" tag instead of "Proposal".

I am just wanting to get the feel for what Oilers' fans think and to be honest, I like what I've read from them. Some Habs' fans get too defensive too quick, even trying to change the title of the thread to "proposal".

Old
03-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
You are kidding, right? How many threads have you jumped in and gotten "pissy" because you didn't like the offer made for any number of Oilers? Don't be a hypocrite. If you don't want to trade him, say just that, leave out the other crap.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post

Prust / White / Parros
Moen / Prust / Parros

That's the guy i'd target to be honest, not sure if the Panthers would move him though

Old
03-04-2013, 10:25 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
From the tone of many Habs fans I'm pretty sure they want someone who can fight, Eager isn't that guy. Besides Edmonton should hold onto him, they need the sandpaper.

Also, Canucks fans don't even hate Eager, cause he's a scrub, he won't harm you on the scoreboard. Bolland and Marchand are hated in Canuck Nation because they back up their antics with goal scoring. Im glad Eager has smartened up in Edmonton cause he was ridiculously dumb in the PO series with the Sharks.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:56 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
That's the guy i'd target to be honest, not sure if the Panthers would move him though
Not sure why they wouldn't. Parros is a horrible hockey player. Skates about as well as I do, ha ha.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:35 PM
greenstickytoes

idk, i don't want or have any interest in Eager but i'd
definitely go after a guy like Raffi Torres or the prosect
of the Avs ''Mitchell Heard'' which is young, and can play
some good hockey. He loves to fight and play physical.
thats what Montreal needs. not necessarily a huge Goon
but guys that play gritty and that like to drop gloves.
The problem is we don't have enough in the team.
Prust is the only one and if Moen, Armstrong and White
would play the same way, we wouldn't even be
having this discussion but they don't...

Old
03-04-2013, 12:55 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Su-Su-SuperFriends

No one wants Eager...Ben Eager doesn't even want to be Ben Eager...why not take Gomez back while they're at it?

Old
03-05-2013, 12:18 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
No one wants Eager...Ben Eager doesn't even want to be Ben Eager...why not take Gomez back while they're at it?
I'd take Eager before Gomez. Wait... the Habs had Gomez.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:48 AM
TheBigFive

I don't think Edmonton will be looking to move eager unless they get a gritty hard working defenceman in return

Closed Thread