HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Has Spector's lost his mind?

Old
07-20-2006, 11:07 PM
detredWINgs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I could see Robert Esche as a Red Wing and it wouldn't cost Datsyuk or Zetterburg. I could see a draft pick or a RW prospect heading in the direction of the Flyers.
I could see this too, but that doesnt mean I would want it. Although, itd probably be better to have two borderline starters than only one.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 12:34 AM
Ike Thermite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egil View Post
I had Datsuk's salary pegged wrong (I thought he was over $5 mil, not $3.9 mil). So I would put the number of teams who wouldn't take him for free at 10. Ottawa, for example, would not take Datsuk for free.
Even if they had no interest in keeping him, his trade value is considerable and they'd be able to spin him off for quality parts. You are wrong, accept it and move on.

Last edited by gobolt7: 07-21-2006 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Remove personal attack
Ike Thermite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 07:28 AM
Egil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric S View Post
Even if they had no interest in keeping him, his trade value is considerable and they'd be able to spin him off for quality parts. You are wrong, accept it and move on.
I wouldn't call his trade value considerable. You have a player who has been horrendous in the playoffs who is 1 year away from being a UFA. That makes him undesireable for a top end contending club, and it makes him undesirable for a rebuilding club. A bubble playoff team would have interest, but for 1 year, your not getting much. Ottawa got 2 prospects and another player with 1 year left for Havlat, and I don't think Datsuk gets that much.

Egil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Matty

Personally I think the Ducks and Sharks would be wise to consider keeping their 'overpriced' goalies. Go into the season with both guys vying for the starters job and go from there. Let them duke it out so to speak. Consider that goalies will get injured, teams will become desperate, and hell, even the Ducks or Sharks could lose their starter for a significant amount of time. If a deal comes up that looks good early to mid to late season, then they can look to deal them.

And I definitely could see them wanting something considerable in return if they were to trade them to a conference rival whom they may have to go through in order to win the WC.

Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Empireshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
Yeah, I was thinking Kovy or Luongo or Nash... but the list of playoff busts is as long as it is proud.
If you're talking about Alex Kovalev here you might want to check your stats. Here let me provide them for you:

05/06 6 games - 4g 3a 7pts
03/04 11 games - 6g 4a 10pts
00/01 18 games - 5g 5a 10pts
99/00 11 games - 1g 5a 6pts
98/99 10 games - 5g 7a 12pts
95/96 11 games - 3g 4a 7pts
94/95 10 games - 4g 7a 11pts
93/94 23 games - 9g 12a 21pts

ppg average - 0.84

Not to mention that Kovalev has made it to at least the second round everytime he went to the playoffs except for last year.

As for this bunk that Detroit is holding all the cards in the goalie market, give it a break. All of the GM's who have goalies to deal are more than happy to wait until the start of the regular season because there are a bunch of teams out there who's goalies may not pan out. For example, Huet, Miller, Thomas, Lundqvist, etc., etc. may be one year wonders (see Raycroft). And speaking of Raycroft, goalies like Raycroft, and there are a handful in that category around the league, may just tank as well. If you guys honestly think that any of the teams with starting goalies are going to give those goalies away this summer you're sadly mistaken. For those of you that think those teams have to wait until the trade deadline in order to get maximum value pull your heads out of your *****. Teams will trade those goalies for their own team specific needs as they become apparent during the regular season regardless of the date.

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 04:35 PM
norrisnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empireshark View Post
If you're talking about Alex Kovalev here you might want to check your stats. Here let me provide them for you:

ppg average - 0.84

Not to mention that Kovalev has made it to at least the second round everytime he went to the playoffs except for last year.

As for this bunk that Detroit is holding all the cards in the goalie market, give it a break. All of the GM's who have goalies to deal are more than happy to wait until the start of the regular season because there are a bunch of teams out there who's goalies may not pan out. For example, Huet, Miller, Thomas, Lundqvist, etc., etc. may be one year wonders (see Raycroft). And speaking of Raycroft, goalies like Raycroft, and there are a handful in that category around the league, may just tank as well. If you guys honestly think that any of the teams with starting goalies are going to give those goalies away this summer you're sadly mistaken. For those of you that think those teams have to wait until the trade deadline in order to get maximum value pull your heads out of your *****. Teams will trade those goalies for their own team specific needs as they become apparent during the regular season regardless of the date.
I'm fairly certain they were talking about Ilya Kovalchuk. He along with Nash and Luongo are big money players that have never touched NHL playoff ice.

norrisnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 04:36 PM
Empireshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick View Post
I'm fairly certain they were talking about Ilya Kovalchuk. He along with Nash and Luongo are big money players that have never touched NHL playoff ice.
Thanks for clearing that up. That makes more sense.

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empireshark View Post

ppg average - 0.84

Errrrrrrrrr, sorry that you had to go and write this detailed post, but I was referring to Kovalchuk, as Norrisnick pointed out just above. As you probably know, Kovalchuk (due to being a Thrasher) has zero playoff points but got a 5-year $30 million contract last year...

Detroit is short a goalie for ONE year. We are not going to trade Datsyuk, Zetterberg or Kronwall because we might have a tough goalie situation for a year. Somebody will have to move some bodies, and if they fit and the price is right, Holland will probably take one of those.

Old
07-21-2006, 04:49 PM
znk

Kovy = Kovalev
Kovalchuck cant be Kovy! Find a new name!

znk is offline   Reply With Quote