HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Michael Ryder Thread

Old
03-02-2013, 12:14 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

vCash: 500
Hey, we're all human right? What if Cole went to management and respectfully told them that he was tired, has a family that was not happy, and was going to retire next week, while thanking the oranization sincerly. He's 34 by the way and a power foward. I can dream, but wouldn't it be great to think that the Habs said "no we can do better for you and your family. Eric, where were you thinking of living after you retire?" In my dream, he says "maybe Texas"... The rest is history!

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahH57 View Post
I'd be expecting around 10-13 goals for Ryder, he can do it, proved it last year. But for sure, it will definitely take a few games to get going, needs to adjust to the new system.
Hmm, that's pro-rated to 28-36 goals over a full season, but considering he needs time to adjust to his teammates and coach, I'd drop that to about 20-23 goals over a full season, which translates to 7-8 goals over the 29 regular season games he should play with us this season. I'd be happy with that. Honestly, anything over 5 by the end of the season, I'm okay with it. Set bar low, exceed high.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 02:24 PM
DrunkenHabz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I don't see him thriving in our system, which is a "swarm". Michael doesn't swarm, he floats. Eric Cole was fast and hard on the forecheck, and drove the net to hurt the other team as well.

Where Ryder can possibly help is the power play. He is a better sniper than Cole from open ice, but he can't create his own chances; he needs a top playmaker, and our best is DD.
Indeed, Eric Cole was fast and playing hard. Now he plays differently. He floats, looks tired, gives the puck away, takes bad decisions, is slow on the forecheck, takes forever to get up when he's down, has a bad attitude, acts like everything is due to him, makes the same bad plays that never work, is useless in the defensive zone, egocentric, ect. And the list goes on and on and on.....

DrunkenHabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenHabz View Post
Indeed, Eric Cole was fast and playing hard. Now he plays differently. He floats, looks tired, gives the puck away, takes bad decisions, is slow on the forecheck, takes forever to get up when he's down, has a bad attitude, acts like everything is due to him, makes the same bad plays that never work, is useless in the defensive zone, egocentric, ect. And the list goes on and on and on.....
He was getting better in his last 3-4 games with Eller and Galchenyuk. He was around the corner and would had contributed positively fopr the rest of the season. Anyway...

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
I don't like him with Eller and Galchenyuk. And I REALLY don't like two smurfs on the same line.

I think Desharnais is closer to the Koivu style of center than Eller. I would play Ryder with Desharnais, and Gallagher with Eller and Galchenyuk.

15 minutes ES Plekanec-Gionta-Pacioretty
13 minutes ES Desharnais-Ryder-Bourque
11 minutes ES Eller-Gallagher-Galchenyuk
09 minutes ES Prust-White-Moen

PK forwards 2 minutes each
Prust-Eller
White-Moen
Plekanec-Gionta

PP forwards 3 minutes each
Desharnais-Ryder-Pacioretty
Plekanec-Gallagher-Galchenyuk

Total minutes
20 minutes Plekanec
18 minutes Pacioretty
17 minutes Gionta
16 minutes Desharnais
16 minutes Ryder
14 minutes Galchenyuk
14 minutes Gallagher
13 minutes Eller
13 minutes Bourque
11 minutes Prust
11 minutes White
11 minutes Moen
Who are the two smurfs? Galchenyuk and Eller aren't small.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:56 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Who are the two smurfs? Galchenyuk and Eller aren't small.
In the long run, I don't like Desharnais and Gallagher together. I prefer Desharnais, our best passer, to play with Ryder who desperately needs to be set up. Gallagher can create some of his own offence with Galchenyuk and either Eller or one day Pacioretty.

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:58 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
He was getting better in his last 3-4 games with Eller and Galchenyuk. He was around the corner and would had contributed positively fopr the rest of the season. Anyway...
He was, I'll admit getting better, but it was more of a drawing penalties and being a big body kind of better. Nothing at all like what he did last year, which was in addition to those things, blaze past defencemen with control of the puck and go roof daddy or remember that interception on Chara before deking Thomas out of his jock to put it in? He was doing none of that. I don't think he remembers how to stickhandle. He was also still a huge defensive lability. I totally thought he'd break out of it, but given the whole cap move, the fact Ryder is going to be motivated to produce and that Ryder has improved on the whole as a player, make me quite happy with the deal. It's not like Cole wasn't a one-trick pony either. It was just a different trick. Once we start hearing the ping (good kind) of those Ryder shots hitting the inside crossbar...we'll appreciate that trick once again!

The lack of Bourque, however does great a big body vacuum. He really is a huge force this year - something we were all hoping for, but not many were really expecting. Hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised with how well Ryder fits in. (And plz get well Rene and Raphy! I wonder if Ryder thinks that the guy who jumped on the ice has now made the team and is on the 1st wave PP when healthy.)

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
In the long run, I don't like Desharnais and Gallagher together. I prefer Desharnais, our best passer, to play with Ryder who desperately needs to be set up. Gallagher can create some of his own offence with Galchenyuk and either Eller or one day Pacioretty.
Right on. That's what I am expecting. or at worse Ryder with Plekanec. Get Gionta down on a 3rd line with Eller and Galchenyuk.

MaxPac- DD - Ryder
Prust - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gionta
Moen-White- Armstrong

Last edited by Habtchum*: 03-02-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old
03-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
He was, I'll admit getting better, but it was more of a drawing penalties and being a big body kind of better. Nothing at all like what he did last year, which was in addition to those things, blaze past defencemen with control of the puck and go roof daddy or remember that interception on Chara before deking Thomas out of his jock to put it in? He was doing none of that. I don't think he remembers how to stickhandle. He was also still a huge defensive lability. I totally thought he'd break out of it, but given the whole cap move, the fact Ryder is going to be motivated to produce and that Ryder has improved on the whole as a player, make me quite happy with the deal. It's not like Cole wasn't a one-trick pony either. It was just a different trick. Once we start hearing the ping (good kind) of those Ryder shots hitting the inside crossbar...we'll appreciate that trick once again!

The lack of Bourque, however does great a big body vacuum. He really is a huge force this year - something we were all hoping for, but not many were really expecting. Hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised with how well Ryder fits in. (And plz get well Rene and Raphy! I wonder if Ryder thinks that the guy who jumped on the ice has now made the team and is on the 1st wave PP when healthy.)
Cole was not prepared, physically nor mentally, to play this season after such a long lockout. He was like a big full jumbo jet trying to take off while the end of the landing track is nearby.

Old
03-02-2013, 05:13 PM
TennisMenace

What a difference one year makes (Bourque).

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
What a difference one year makes (Bourque).
:Last year he was invisible, and now...he is injured for how long ???

Old
03-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Bacchus1

Ryder's Play so far

I know it is is only two games in, and he may be settling, but how has Ryder looked thus far? From the stat sheets, which don't tell the whole story, it seems that he isn't getting many scoring opportunities.

How about the line chemistry? (Eller and Chucky, I believe).

I'm in Korea, so I generally don't get to watch the games.

Bacchus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Teamwork

He's been floating around and is rather slow, but that's probably because he's still getting used to his new teammates.

Teamwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:10 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Non-factor, hope he gets it going soon. Lack of coordination which will come with chemistry, hasn't really had a good release in two games yet. Playing his old team tomorrow, should be good.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:05 AM
gillings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamwork View Post
He's been floating around and is rather slow, but that's probably because he's still getting used to his new teammates.

What game where you watching?

He stole the puck numerous times, Had great come from behind stick lift abilites, Looked very comfortable along the boards, got a few nice shots off, weaved around numerous guys in the offensive zone to create chances and was even in +/- on the night..

gillings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:25 AM
rockjngo

we are all accustom to the Night Ryder. As long as we don't depend on him for scoring we should be ok. He tends to be a non-factor for every 5 games. He's streaky.

rockjngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:08 PM
gillings

IMHO

Ryder belongs in detroit.

with datsyuk and co.

gillings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:09 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus1 View Post
I know it is is only two games in, and he may be settling, but how has Ryder looked thus far? From the stat sheets, which don't tell the whole story, it seems that he isn't getting many scoring opportunities.

How about the line chemistry? (Eller and Chucky, I believe).

I'm in Korea, so I generally don't get to watch the games.
I'd say that Ryder would be a good fit with DD and MaxPac. With Eller and Galchenyuk on a third line, he is lost.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Craig71

Ryder will be the guy that gets the type of goal that no one else gets, the snap shot from inside the blue line. MB was concerned about unloading Coles 2 more years and that Ryder can be set free in July. We get some production from Ryder= bonus, if he wants a contract next year with our team or any other, he will have to prove his worth. I think he is smart enough to know that, all athletes are. He will pick it up.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Maelpj*

I knoe it's early to judge a trade, and I was in favor of the ColevsRyder trade, but if Ryder keep playing like he is right now, I think I would of rather kept Cole.

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

yep..right now I miss Cole

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
yep..right now I miss Cole
Cole is very missed right now.

Eller, Gallch and Cole had it going on.

MB diminished the Habs with that move.

Caps space??? perhaps...

Last edited by Born in 1909: 03-03-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:27 PM
Shaby23

vCash: 50
Good thing that he' UFA at the end of the season. Now i remember why Ryder left MOntreal.

Shaby23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

He really lacks motivation holly **** he just floats around

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:56 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
He really lacks motivation holly **** he just floats around
Absolutely, I'm still happy with the trade because we get rid of the 2 more years on Cole's contract and also we get a draft pick, but so far Ryder has been playing poorly.

EDIT I have to say, I try not to judge players too quickly after trades. Even though they're grown men and make lots of money, they're still allowed to feel like they were rejected by their old team, sad they have to leave friends, etc.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote