HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Desharnais Discussion (Slow Start & Contact Talk)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2013, 09:21 PM
  #976
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,405
vCash: 500
But DD is succeeding only because he's being sheltered by the big Brendan Gallagher.

DDs not undersized is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:23 PM
  #977
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 2,107
vCash: 500
after his 2 goals he fell while going back to the dressing room... 3 times! 12 TIMES! a 100000 TIMES!

Kjell Dahlin is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:23 PM
  #978
Lebowski
In Price We Trust
 
Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
So much for the talk Desharnais can't play against big physical teams. Man am I happy he's shutting the haters up.

Lebowski is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:23 PM
  #979
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,157
vCash: 827
Desharnais is now ahead of Plekanec in points. Incredible considering he's an inferior being ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski
So much for the talk Desharnais can't play against big physical teams. Man am I happy he's shutting the haters up.
BUT HE CAN'T FIGHT!

FlyingKostitsyn is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:26 PM
  #980
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
Haha DD. I still dislike the guy. Until next game...

rockjngo is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:34 PM
  #981
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 23,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Haha DD. I still dislike the guy. Until next game...
That'S the problem with haters.

All emotion. No reason, and pretty much evidence that, for you, the name in the back is more important than the logo on the chest.

MXD is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:38 PM
  #982
Cyclones Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,381
vCash: 500
But his QoC was weak. And his PDO is completely unacceptable.

Can't you guys realize that it's about the process and that results aren't important?

Get with the progam, won't ya?

Cyclones Rock is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:38 PM
  #983
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,177
vCash: 50
I like Desharnais' talent but do you guys really think Montreal can win in the playoffs with Gallagher Gionta PLekanec and Desharnais in your top 6?

Montreal needs a big tough number 6 D-man
In their own end the little guys have a hard time
I'd move Moen and Weber for a number 5 -6 dman who can play some minutes and play the physical game. (Carkner)


Once Bourque comes back....

Pacioretty DD Gallagher
Bourque Plekanec Gionta
Eller Galchenyuk Ryder
Prust White Armstrong
Blunden (insert Blunden for Armstrong in games vs Boston, Toronto ect....)

Emelin Markov
Subban Gorges
Boullion Diaz
Carkner ( to play vs Boston Toronto ect,...)

Mats NAslund is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:39 PM
  #984
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Haha DD. I still dislike the guy. Until next game...
Hmmm... Look how tasty they are... This is just for you. Enjoy your meal!


DDs not undersized is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:40 PM
  #985
Cyclones Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post

Long term, I want the top two centers to be Galchenyuk and Plekanec, which means no room for DD... as an offensive center.
I'm sure Mr. Bergeron is taking in your wishes and waits with baited breath for your next set of recommendations.

Cyclones Rock is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:42 PM
  #986
The Doors
Registered User
 
The Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,704
vCash: 500
Great game by Desharnais. He's so fun to cheer for. Hope he gets a nice deal and enjoys some good years being a very humble, talented little player. No attitude, just seems like a great human being. Keep playing awesome.

The Doors is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:45 PM
  #987
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
The Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher line is the new Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole line.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:45 PM
  #988
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
I'm sure Mr. Bergeron is taking in your wishes and waits with baited breath for your next set of recommendations.
No, he wants YOUR suggestions.


DAChampion is online now  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:47 PM
  #989
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Haha DD. I still dislike the guy. Until next game...
Keep hating him ! Very classy .



Habtchum* is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:51 PM
  #990
The Doors
Registered User
 
The Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Desharnais is now ahead of Plekanec in points. Incredible considering he's an inferior being ect.



BUT HE CAN'T FIGHT!
It doesn't have to be one vs. the other? Both are good players. Plekanec does things that Desharnais can't do and vice versa. Be happy to have them both on the team instead of putting one player versus the other. It's a team dude.

I would be terrified to play without Plekanec. He does it all and never says a negative word.

The Doors is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:54 PM
  #991
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,697
vCash: 152
New thread coming up?

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:59 PM
  #992
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,157
vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
It doesn't have to be one vs. the other? Both are good players. Plekanec does things that Desharnais can't do and vice versa. Be happy to have them both on the team instead of putting one player versus the other. It's a team dude.

I would be terrified to play without Plekanec. He does it all and never says a negative word.
Don't get me wrong, I'm quite happy we have both on the team.

Its just that this thread is filled with ridiculous posts saying Plekanec is massively superior to Desharnais offensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion
No, he wants YOUR suggestions.
Maybe. Bergevin certainly wasn't convinced by the surgical tank thread...

FlyingKostitsyn is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:03 PM
  #993
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Its just that this thread is filled with ridiculous posts saying Plekanec is massively superior to Desharnais offensively.
Well, Plekanec is a better 1 on 1 player. With his speed and his shot Plekanec can be effective with anyone, even if he won't put up big points playing with say, Travis Moen.

Desharnais thinks the game on another level. Plekanec is an intelligent player, but a workmanlike one, Desharnais will find whatever opening is there and exploit it.

Making it one vs the other is stupid. I still think Plekanec is more important to this team going forward, but the two of them don't even have the same role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
But DD is succeeding only because he's being sheltered by the big Brendan Gallagher.
To be fair, Gallagher might be our best player right now. That kid is something.

But it does show how absurd the height thing is.

Et le But is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:04 PM
  #994
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 12,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
after his 2 goals he fell while going back to the dressing room... 3 times! 12 TIMES! a 100000 TIMES!
how many times?

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:04 PM
  #995
Bloumeister
Live long & prosper
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: location, location
Posts: 7,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
New thread coming up?
Suggestions:

'Desharnais falls 13257.23 times per game AVG'

'Desharnais + Dallas 3rd for goon'

'Desharnais can't yodel'

'Desharnais must grow a few inches'

Bloumeister is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:08 PM
  #996
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 12,369
vCash: 500
i vote for the falling one

TWELVE TIMES!

TWELVE

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:10 PM
  #997
Bloumeister
Live long & prosper
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: location, location
Posts: 7,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well, Plekanec is a better 1 on 1 player. With his speed and his shot Plekanec can be effective with anyone, even if he won't put up big points playing with say, Travis Moen.

Desharnais thinks the game on another level. Plekanec is an intelligent player, but a workmanlike one, Desharnais will find whatever opening is there and exploit it.

Making it one vs the other is stupid. I still think Plekanec is more important to this team going forward, but the two of them don't even have the same role.
He was particularly good at holding on to the puck tonight and waiting for something to happen before moving it (compared to many other players who'll get rid of the puck while trying the quick - and usually bad - play. Sure, he'll get his head ripped off every once in a while, but it's because he tries to make things happen. And if he's willing to pay the price, where's the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
To be fair, Gallagher might be our best player right now. That kid is something.

But it does show how absurd the height thing is.
Habs' best line tonight had 2 Smurfs on it? Really? Didn't notice

Amen to that!

Bloumeister is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:11 PM
  #998
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,157
vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well, Plekanec is a better 1 on 1 player. With his speed and his shot Plekanec can be effective with anyone, even if he won't put up big points playing with say, Travis Moen.

Desharnais thinks the game on another level. Plekanec is an intelligent player, but a workmanlike one, Desharnais will find whatever opening is there and exploit it.
.
Plekanec needs wingers that can pass. Its true his wingers are painful to see most of the time. I really hope Bourque returns soon to help out.

This team's strenght is that all forward lines can be dangerous offensively and this is in large part because of our centers. Desharnais, Plekanec, Galchenyuk and Eller can all score a couple or assist a few goals if they want. Thats why we need to keep all four of them for as long as possible.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:35 PM
  #999
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 23,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post

Montreal needs a big tough number 6 D-man
In their own end the little guys have a hard time
I'd move Moen and Weber for a number 5 -6 dman who can play some minutes and play the physical game. (Carkner)
AS long as "some" includes "somewhere from 4 to 8"...

MXD is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:44 PM
  #1000
Undertakerqc
Registered User
 
Undertakerqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Plekanec needs wingers that can pass. Its true his wingers are painful to see most of the time. I really hope Bourque returns soon to help out.

This team's strenght is that all forward lines can be dangerous offensively and this is in large part because of our centers. Desharnais, Plekanec, Galchenyuk and Eller can all score a couple or assist a few goals if they want. Thats why we need to keep all four of them for as long as possible.
Thats been my point for years. DD makes his linemates better. Plekanec does not. Hence why i think DD is a better centerman. Eller will replace Plekanec. Patchioretty and DD is a combinaison that will be hard to break.

Undertakerqc is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.