HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Management

Old
03-03-2013, 10:09 PM
backhandsauce

vCash: 500
Management

Wake up. We've gone through how many coaches in the last few years? How about getting some new players in. Shake up the team. This is getting to be a real embarrassment.

backhandsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:12 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 50
Marginally improving the team is bad, but making reactionary trades that lose significant value is worse.

I don't care if they move the lesser pieces but with Gagner/Hemsky/anyone with more value, I think we should wait for the right deal.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:13 PM
OilerNut*

Nothing new, there is no accountability on this team.

They sell out every game, sell a ton of merchandize so Katz doesn't care.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Lessy

If Tambellini is GM of this team in September something is seriously wrong. He hasn't added to our core of players whatsoever - no I don't count gift-wrapped elite young players drafted first overall as good work by the GM. He consistently gets bent over in trades, doesn't sign key pieces and doesn't address team needs. Replacing Tambellini with Brian Burke would be a good move with the provision that he cannot trade Yakupov/Eberle/Hall/RNH/Schultz but rather build around them. He knows how to find tough players - current Oiler management clearly does not.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:16 PM
OilerNut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Marginally improving the team is bad, but making reactionary trades that lose significant value is worse.

I don't care if they move the lesser pieces but with Gagner/Hemsky/anyone with more value, I think we should wait for the right deal.
We need to address toughness/size. That to me is our biggest weakness, surely it doesn't require a huge price?

Old
03-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Lessy

Quote:

Time to move Hemsky now - Gagner only if you're getting good value and filling team needs at the same time a la proposed Gagner, Paajarvi for Yandle deal. Hemsky's value is never going to be higher and he's the definition of a surplus on this team. Zero reason for him to be around if he holds the value we believe.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:20 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

and suicide watch on the oiler board starts again

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:24 PM
OilerNut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
Well I am sick and tired when our team has a clear weakness for the past 2-3 years and Tambo does NOTHING to address it. Surely some decent vets who can play some tough minutes aren't worth a kings ransom? I mean when you see other teams pick up those kind of players off waivers or trade literally nothing for them.

Or are we still in tank mode? I guess we are going for Seth Jones.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
Are you unconcerned about the fact that as a team we look worse than last year and that our best young players look much worse than last year?

Beerfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:27 PM
ohheyhemsky

Does Katz watch any Oilers games?

There's no way he does.

ohheyhemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

I think we need to make at least five more fire management threads.

And two more fire Kruegers.

THAT should get the Oilers attention!

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:29 PM
blueracer17

This team has never been further away from success than they are right now. That is beyond unacceptable given the "talent" on this team.

blueracer17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:30 PM
molsonmuscle360

Yeah, lets jump the gun and trade our young guys before they are anywhere near their primes, because everyone here is too impatient to handle a team trying to grow into the NHL. Look how long Quebec/Colorado was ****** before they came to the forefront, same with Pittsburgh and Chicago.

I guess with the fanbase we have here though, and their history for running players out of town, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before one of the kids gets run out.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Yeah, lets jump the gun and trade our young guys before they are anywhere near their primes, because everyone here is too impatient to handle a team trying to grow into the NHL. Look how long Quebec/Colorado was ****** before they came to the forefront, same with Pittsburgh and Chicago.

I guess with the fanbase we have here though, and their history for running players out of town, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before one of the kids gets run out.
Of course.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:32 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueracer17 View Post
This team has never been further away from success than they are right now. That is beyond unacceptable given the "talent" on this team.
The talent on this team is all years away from it's prime...So having them not killing other teams isn't really so much unacceptable as it is unavoidable.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Hynh

Hynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:34 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
Well I am sick and tired when our team has a clear weakness for the past 2-3 years and Tambo does NOTHING to address it. Surely some decent vets who can play some tough minutes aren't worth a kings ransom? I mean when you see other teams pick up those kind of players off waivers or trade literally nothing for them.

Or are we still in tank mode? I guess we are going for Seth Jones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Are you unconcerned about the fact that as a team we look worse than last year and that our best young players look much worse than last year?
I think some people around here thought with three first overall things would change over night. Next year if we see this stuff then I start panicking. This year is about developing the kids.

The only thing I complain about is we need a guy who can bang on the boards and cresh the net and play15+ minutes a night

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Asher

Quote:

The problem is trusting the people we have to make that right deal. I don't.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RisingSun

Quote:
The talent on this team is all years away from it's prime...So having them not killing other teams isn't really so much unacceptable as it is unavoidable.
so when does this "prime" you speak of happen?

RisingSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Hynh

Quote:
Chicago made the conference finals in Toews/Kane's second year and won the cup in the final year of their ELCs. Not saying the Oilers should expect to be that good that fast but going into year 4 of Hall/Eberle the Oilers are basically hopeless to even make the playoffs, let alone win a playoff series.

Hynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:37 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
so when does this "prime" you speak of happen?
Well, general consensus is most athletes go through their prime between 25-32. So, that would put most of them quite a ways away from that.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:38 PM
MetaOil1993

This team will never go far as long as Steve Tambellina is the GM of the team.

MetaOil1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:39 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hynh View Post
Chicago made the conference finals in Toews/Kane's second year and won the cup in the final year of their ELCs. Not saying the Oilers should expect to be that good that fast but going into year 4 of Hall/Eberle the Oilers are basically hopeless to even make the playoffs, let alone win a playoff series.
Yeah, but lets not forget before that they missed the playoffs 7 out of 8 years, and were always one of the worst teams in the league in that stretch.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Bull, and a cop out. Simple fact is that it is up to a team to get the best out of it's players and most of our players look much worse this year than last. As for "not killing other teams". What have you been watching we are so far from killing anything it's a joke.

Beerfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:42 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 2394
Quote:
Yeah, but lets not forget before that they missed the playoffs 7 out of 8 years, and were always one of the worst teams in the league in that stretch.
Quit using facts!

So what is the solution? Does cleaning out the GM guarantee instant results? Or firing the coach? Or making a trade?

GreatKeith is online now   Reply With Quote