HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ribeiro is the guy

Old
07-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Habs13

vCash: 500
Who the heck are Gainy and Rebeiro? Why is it so hard to spell a players name correctly?

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 09:40 PM
znk

I liked Ribeiro's humorous comment today. "I'll have to learn russian , I'll buy a russian dictionary so I can talk with them on the bench "

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 08:54 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by huet the master View Post
with carbo as ribeiros coach he will teach him tomplay a two way game and yes rebeiro may be in the habs long term plans . The 1 year contract is simply a push for him to be more successful and to fight for his possible last shot on a top line.
The one year contract was a good idea. If Ribeiro performs exceptionally well he could get a new multi-year contract and if he doesn't, then he becomes an RFA and could sign with another team. The Habs would get better compensation because of his $1.9 million dollar contract than they would have with a lower contract.

Down on the farm there is Locke, Chipchura, Aubin and Grabovsky knocking on the door. This is really Ribeiro's last chance to prove he is a legitimate #2 center in the NHL. I hope he is up to the challenge and helps the Habs go deep into the playoffs this season.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Guy Germaine

I could not stand Ribs throughout this season, he just seemed to have a very cocky attitude and horrible work ethic.
I have to admit though, after Gainey came in and cracked the whip, he started to display a more consistent effort on a nightly basis.
I'm not going to deny his talent, nobody can. But the fact is that he needs to gain some muscle and speed to play at a high level... he knows, we know it and Gainey and Carb know it.
If Ribeiro is true to his word(about getting stronger and faster this offseason), and he really wants to prove himself, then he could have a monster year.
I personally think that he will bust his *** all summer to gain that extra step ,and will have a very productive year.

Guy Germaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 11:41 AM
LeGars Du Cable

Ribeiro is a decent 2nd line player, he's alright ... people makes fun of his shape and how he's soft but I be surprise to see the shape of some people here ... some of the poster must have that beer belly and fast food shape

LeGars Du Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 11:46 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGars Du Cable View Post
Ribeiro is a decent 2nd line player, he's alright ... people makes fun of his shape and how he's soft but I be surprise to see the shape of some people here ... some of the poster must have that beer belly and fast food shape
Are you serious? Stupid comment.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 12:00 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGars Du Cable View Post
***...a guy posting on HFBoards isnt paid 2 million dollars a year to perform as a professional athlete. That has to be one of the weirdest(trying to be polite here...) posts I've seen in a while.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 06:42 PM
Maxpac

Gomez is the guy, i mean seriously we could have him for nothing since he'l be getting 4-5 mil this year and New Jersey just can't afford it, if we can't have a true 1a center then we'l just get 2 1b. centers, we would just have to trade Bonk and Ribs for picks to other teams to clear cash, with both having 1 year contracts they would bite imo

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Samsonov-Gomez-Kovalev

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Habsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by huet the master View Post
I hear people complaining that rebeiro is going to ruin the 2nd line and that he won't be able to keep up with his other 2 skilled linesmates, but IMO i think that rebeiro will step up to the challenge and he will have a breakout year. Since gainy offered rebeiro a 1.9$ contract he probably must have seen something in rebeiro that we didn't.
What do u guys think?
I think Gaineys 2's must look like 9's.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote