Bruins finally lose one

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2013, 10:31 PM
WestCoastBruinsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster57 View Post
I love Soupy, but why was he the extra forward with Rask pulled? Put Looch or Horton out with the Bergy line, and park them in front.

Or get creative and have Sides and Dougie on the blueline and park Chara in front
Probably to take the faceoff if Bergy gets tossed.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Hazi

I'm surprised the Bruins even came close to winning with all of those turnovers. The Seguin, Bergy, Marchand line was golden tonight. Kelly also hit two posts and looks to be improving his game. He's getting there. Pevs and Paille looked invisible. Talking about invisible, the first line seemed like they had a tough time getting into the offensive zone the whole night. But when your first line can't produce, your other 3 lines have to. It was great to see Thornton again.

The problem all lied in the defense today. Chara and Hamilton were the best defensive players for the B's tonight. McQuaid played decent, but I especially loved when he attempted to get a short-handed goal and then laid out 2 Habs players as they were going back to the neutral zone. Seidenberg, Ference, and Boychuk were turnover machines today. Turnovers in general and lack of defense cost the B's this game. Tuukka didn't play all that great either.

I agree that the 3rd line needs to improve, but I don't think we absolutely need to make a move right now. We only lost 3 games and Kelly showed signs of improvement tonight, and Pevs scored a great goal yesterday. The problem is those players are only great if their other linemate can create room for them. Bourque can't do that, but Caron did. I'm not saying Caron is the answer to solving the issues the third line is having, but something needs to be done whether they bring up Caron, Spooner, Tardif, or make a trade.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:34 PM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Both teams with a third period comeback win in the other teams barn.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:36 PM
bruins04

i think it's been time to bring up Krug and sit Ference for weeks...

Old
03-03-2013, 10:37 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastBruinsFan View Post
If that's the case peverly should have been out there

Old
03-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Just in from the game.

I did not enjoy the Refs tonight.

Too bad we lost Chara for ..what was it 17 min ?? That hurt but I did approve of him doing what he did for that spear on poor Seggy.

Bergy line looked good.

Seids was ill tonight (number on his water bottle gave it away).

I liked what the B's did for the pre game. That lady was right next to us before she went out to drop the puck. She was taking to Andy Ference ( he had gone to NewTown so she knew him).

The guys who work for the B's think the Refs have a bias against Looch...I think so too.

I like Andy Ference but he had a rough game. I still think he will be fine.

I hate those Habs. Subban is a good player but he does do alot of dirty little **** and needs to answer for it.

The B's will beat these smurfs next time.

03-03-2013, 10:43 PM
WestCoastBruinsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
If that's the case peverly should have been out there
Maybe Claude thinks Soupy deserved it more but I guarantee they had someone for back up faceoff duty.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:45 PM
Bone for your jar

The reason we lost this one was not lack of offense. We scored enough to win, even with our 3rd line struggling and Krejci with his poorest game all season. Three goals should have been enough to win this one, and three goals is not at all un-Bruin like.

What was un-Bruin-like, and was the reason we lost, was some terrible defending and puck management. We were caught flat-footed and made lazy passes that became turnovers. Some players were flat-out weak on the puck and lost battles. It was as though a defensive flu had spread through the team (including Rask), so much so that it nearly seemed to look normal, until you'd see how #37 handled the puck in the defensive zone: then you were reminded of what responsible puck management was supposed to look like.

Having said that, there were some very good things about this game as well:
- The aforementioned #37.
- Marchand (duh)
- Seguin (I loved his intensity today).
- The Captain, stepping up.
- Lucic & Thornton, hitting (and pissed off).
- Kelly showing some signs of returning to form. Still no chemistry on that line, however.
- The rivalry looks to be in fine health. (And yes, props to Prust for going with Lucic).

Old
03-03-2013, 10:46 PM
CamFan81
Derp

loving julien calling out the refs/habs and supporting chara's actions.

http://nesn.com/2013/03/claude-julie...lishing-video/

Old
03-03-2013, 10:49 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

vCash: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
Just in from the game.

I did not enjoy the Refs tonight.

Too bad we lost Chara for ..what was it 17 min ?? That hurt but I did approve of him doing what he did for that spear on poor Seggy.

Bergy line looked good.

Seids was ill tonight (number on his water bottle gave it away).

I liked what the B's did for the pre game. That lady was right next to us before she went out to drop the puck. She was taking to Andy Ference ( he had gone to NewTown so she knew him).

The guys who work for the B's think the Refs have a bias against Looch...I think so too.

I like Andy Ference but he had a rough game. I still think he will be fine.

I hate those Habs. Subban is a good player but he does do alot of dirty little **** and needs to answer for it.

The B's will beat these smurfs next time.
Thanks for the update Ladyfan. Seids didn't look himself tonight, neither did DK.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Chieftans22*
#FreeSeguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
I'll drop this here as well....

- A wasted effort by the Bergeron line. They were brilliant tonight. One of those nights when it felt like they would score every time they took a shift. Bergy played EASILY his best game of the year.

- The third line was a complete ****ing gong show. Straight up awful. Holy ****. Chiareli needs to address this, now. Chris Kelly was decent early but then disappeared again. Dan Paille is not a 3rd liner and Rich Peverley was bad.

- So many turnovers.

- Andy Ference, after having two straight good games was dreadful.

- Overall, I think the defense was putrid tonight. Chara was good, Dougie was good but the other 4 all had tough moments.

- The first line was bad. David Krejci was invisible, his first poor game of the year. I'l give him a pass. Did Nathan Horton play?

- Tuukka Rask was AWFUL. Denying it is homerism. He was out of position all night, bad with his rebounds. Shaky is an understatement. Again, he's been so good, I'll give him a pass.

- This team can be so good but they can be so bad, sometimes within minutes. We blew a third period lead, again. We have a depth issue. The Merlot was good again, they have been improving but the third line is a total disaster area. Our scoring comes from one line at a time, we have not put together a solid 60 from the entire team all year.
You summed it up. Nothing else to say, folks. Agree on all points. Are you me?

Old
03-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Bone for your jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyorr04 View Post
Thanks for the update Ladyfan. Seids didn't look himself tonight, neither did DK.
Agreed on both counts. Alas, wish I could say the same for Ference, who's been playing like this since the season started. What's going on with Andy?

Old
03-03-2013, 10:59 PM
thepootamis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
loving julien calling out the refs/habs and supporting chara's actions.

http://nesn.com/2013/03/claude-julie...lishing-video/
thanks for posting that too bad the league only cares about getting their scoring up so they will just allow those ***** ass Habs to dive and embarass the game more

Old
03-03-2013, 11:00 PM
northeastern

Not a great game but the second line had some pretty plays.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:02 PM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastBruinsFan View Post
Looch and or Horton had no right being out their at that point, they sucked all night, Dk suck tonight for that matter

Only line that showed up was the so called second line and Dougie, Rask was out played largely by the Habs scrub back up.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

This was classic B's Habs game. Almost forgotten, the Chara vs Gionta draw

Old
03-03-2013, 11:06 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
This was classic B's Habs game. Almost forgotten, the Chara vs Gionta draw
That was comical.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:08 PM
doubleculprit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Hat Harry View Post
Typical game against Montreal. Rough. Fast. Lots of turnovers. Stupid penalties and lots of powerplays. Crap goals both ways.

But some of the most entertaining and fun hockey to watch. Even though we lost/turned the puck over more times than I can count, this was the most entertaining game I've watch all season.

Also good to see that the Bruins played a much more physical, mean brand of hockey. If we end up playing Montreal in the playoffs, I think we have a great chance of beating them. No way Montreal can keep up this physical game and not get worn down in a full series against the Bruins.
Couldn't agree more with this assessment. Garbage goals by the Habs, cheap shots galore, and diving all over. That said, super fun game to watch. Polar opposite from a Ranger game. I actually thought the B's were pretty good tonight minus the turn overs. Seguin has been much better over the past few games in my opinion.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:09 PM
Carboneer

Habs fan coming in peace (if that's even possible lol)

Just wanted to state how impressed I've been with Seguin. I have watched the past few Bruins games and again tonight he was lights out. Vision, speed, creativity, good shot... gonna be a damn good one.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:11 PM
RedBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleculprit View Post
Couldn't agree more with this assessment. Garbage goals by the Habs, cheap shots galore, and diving all over. That said, super fun game to watch. Polar opposite from a Ranger game. I actually thought the B's were pretty good tonight minus the turn overs. Seguin has been much better over the past few games in my opinion.
Yeah the 7 turnovers per shift aside they played well.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:12 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carboneer View Post
Habs fan coming in peace (if that's even possible lol)

Just wanted to state how impressed I've been with Seguin. I have watched the past few Bruins games and again tonight he was lights out. Vision, speed, creativity, good shot... gonna be a damn good one.

He's stepped up lately that's for sure. Not to turn this into a "you're awesome" contest but I'm severely impressed with your forward core this year. Well built. And I hate that Markov is back. Guy's been the key to Habs when he's healthy.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:13 PM
TD74

Do we really want to go there? Really,,,,,,the refs??? We are sounding like scab fans,,,,blame everyone but ourselves. We got too emotionally involved and deviated from the game plan. Remember last game, even though we were down a goal, the scabs looked more nervous.,,,,,and by the time was up, we got the 2pts and the next flight out of Montreal!!!

I honestly feel that this team has really spoiled its fan base over the past to 5 years. Even after tonights game, we are still the best team in the East........however, I sometimes miss the days when this team was hungry......it is something that has not been there for awhile. Maybe this loss is a blessing in disguise.

Good on Julien for standing up for his players. The alpha-bear protecting his cubs.....wouldnt have it any other way......as one poster said earlier......it was an investment move.

We have won 5 out of the last 6 with against the scabs......I guess we were due! at the end of the day, it will be a footnote in our 2013 season,,,,,wink, wink!!!

btw, stay away from their boards.........you will have an easier time bringing peace to the middle-east than discussing hockey with them......I live amongst them, I should know!!

Old
03-03-2013, 11:15 PM
CamFan81
Derp

theres a reason the scabs lead the league in PP Opp.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Bone for your jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilmtl View Post
Julien should probably worry more about laying off the doughnuts. And Ladyfan, I live how u turned a harmless love tap by Emelin on that wuss Seguin into a "spear". Gotta love bruins fans. Not the brightest of the lot.
Sorry to break it to you, but many of the Habs fans who come and post on the B's board outshine your dim wit and tired cliches by many megawatts, and whether they spar with us or not, find ways to earn our respect. You could stand to learn a thing or two from them.

Closed Thread