HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Young guns development

Old
07-21-2006, 10:50 PM
paddy

vCash: 500
Pleks had a chance to be the first center and got plenty of PP time during all the injuries (right before he himself got injured), and he didn't show that he could take those responsibilities. Of course it wasn't for a full season, but it's my opinion that he doesn't cut it as a good second center. He can be a decent 2nd center on a weak team, but definately not a second center on a contending team. Two seasons of him as your second center and you'll want a better replacement.

That's my opinion, so you don't have to share it. It doesn't make me more right than it does any of us, but only time will tell. So until then, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 11:17 PM
Sthabs

For a Rookie, Plek impressed me a lot, I mean seriously it was his first years and he was lookin like a veteran out there
he did an awesome job at 3rd line, this year with Jonhson and Perez, i have high hopes for him but he definately wouldnt be my 2nd C at the start of the season
Let him play on the 3rd, and time will tell, but i dont agree with people sayin he will never be a good 2nd line , mostly because he only played1 year....(67games)
I think we haven t seen the full plek yet
http://www.nhl.com/video/app?page=Pl...ge&pid=8469521

Exept the first 2 , ALL of the rest are beauties

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 05:46 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
Pleks had a chance to be the first center and got plenty of PP time during all the injuries (right before he himself got injured), and he didn't show that he could take those responsibilities. Of course it wasn't for a full season, but it's my opinion that he doesn't cut it as a good second center. He can be a decent 2nd center on a weak team, but definately not a second center on a contending team. Two seasons of him as your second center and you'll want a better replacement.

That's my opinion, so you don't have to share it. It doesn't make me more right than it does any of us, but only time will tell. So until then, everyone is entitled to their opinions.
One more season will be enough to prove you wrong.

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 07-22-2006 at 06:14 AM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 07:42 AM
skyrok

Plex and our young guns

Higgins without a doubt will be stepping up ,no one here seems to question that.

I'm surprised by the knock on Plex who was just starting to show what more he can bring to the table .
Did you view his performance at the World's at all ? he continued where he left off down the stretch with the Habs and appears to have gained quite nicely in the confidence department.
I say he scores 25 this season ! and wins over many who posted here !

Perez is my biggest concern while he has showed flashes he still hasn't put it all together ( i still believe he can, whether it is to happen with the Habs is tough to say ,as i believe he could easily be odd man out if Latendresse brings the crowds to their feet AGAIN)

Ryder managed to score 30+ despite an injury riddled, inconsistent, season...all in all
I think a lot of the questions about need for more offence will actually be addressed by our homegrown guys than by the FA signing of Samsonov move (imagine an injury free season for this guy ? me either ! but it's nice to have an insurance policy to spell A. Kostitsyn in and out eh?)

skyrok is offline   Reply With Quote