HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Claude Julien Calls Out The Habs ***READ MOD POST 255***

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2013, 11:13 PM
  #1
Afam*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 500
Claude Julien Calls Out The Habs ***READ MOD POST 255***

Bruins coach Claude Julien went off on the Canadiens following Montrealís 4-3 win over the Bís Sunday night, calling the Canadiens out for*embellishing*to get penalties.

Julien felt that the Bís were at a disadvantage because Alexei EmelinĎs second-period cross-check on Tyler Seguin wasnít called, though Zdeno Chara got an instigator penalty and a 10-minute misconduct for challenging and fighting Emelin after the play.

ďThe frustrating part is that you end up with 17 minutes in the penalty box when you should have been on the power play. Itís as simple as that,Ē Julien said. ďItís frustrating because tonight, as everybody saw, there was a lot of embellishment and this is embarrassing for our game, embellishing. Right now, theyíve got over 100 power plays so far and itís pretty obvious why. Weíre trying to clean that out of our game and itís got to be done soon.

ďItís not about tonight. Itís about the game and the embellishment embarrasses our game, and we need to be better at that because it was pretty obvious when P.K. [Subban] gets hit, he throws himself into the glass and holds his head. You know what? If we start calling those penalties for embellishment, maybe teams will stop doing it, but until we take charge of that, itís going to be an issue.Ē

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/bo...-embellishing/

Right on Claude.

Afam* is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:16 PM
  #2
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go
 
Cory Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brockton
Country: United States
Posts: 7,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afam View Post
Bruins coach Claude Julien went off on the Canadiens following Montrealís 4-3 win over the Bís Sunday night, calling the Canadiens out for*embellishing*to get penalties.

Julien felt that the Bís were at a disadvantage because Alexei EmelinĎs second-period cross-check on Tyler Seguin wasnít called, though Zdeno Chara got an instigator penalty and a 10-minute misconduct for challenging and fighting Emelin after the play.

ďThe frustrating part is that you end up with 17 minutes in the penalty box when you should have been on the power play. Itís as simple as that,Ē Julien said. ďItís frustrating because tonight, as everybody saw, there was a lot of embellishment and this is embarrassing for our game, embellishing. Right now, theyíve got over 100 power plays so far and itís pretty obvious why. Weíre trying to clean that out of our game and itís got to be done soon.

ďItís not about tonight. Itís about the game and the embellishment embarrasses our game, and we need to be better at that because it was pretty obvious when P.K. [Subban] gets hit, he throws himself into the glass and holds his head. You know what? If we start calling those penalties for embellishment, maybe teams will stop doing it, but until we take charge of that, itís going to be an issue.Ē

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/bo...-embellishing/

Right on Claude.

100 Percent agree with him on the 17 minute which should technically have just been a 2 minute power play and that would have been the end of it. As for the embellishments though, we can't really talk. EVERY team has guys that do it. We are not void of that. Then again, those scoundrels up in MTL do it more than most, and they always have

Cory Trevor is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:17 PM
  #3
Afam*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 500
Just curious. Mod's do we have any rule on how many length a document can taken directly from a site and posted here or is they no limit to it.

Afam* is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:19 PM
  #4
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003
 
The n00b King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,895
vCash: 500
You know what's embarrassing? Not realizing that the Bruins play like cheap shot artist goons and whining about another team because they beat you.

The Bruins beat themselves tonight. If they stuck to hockey, with toughness - not cheap shots -, they would of had a much better chance at winning this game.

Sometimes it's worth taking a moment and looking at the mirror and recognize your faults.

It's pretty weak that Julien is whining to the media like this instead of being professional (although he was always a fairly emotional man, so perhaps he just needs to figure out a way to better control that).

Accept your loss and move on. This was completely unnecessary.

I don't understand why anyone with an ounce of intelligence would be happy about something like this.

If my team's coach would go to the media every time my team loses and blame this and blame that, I'd get pretty fed up about it.

Not saying that the Habs are perfect either, but you don't see their coach going to whine to the media every time.

Man up Julien.

The n00b King is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:21 PM
  #5
cheg1349
Registered User
 
cheg1349's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,708
vCash: 500
What cheap shots?

cheg1349 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:21 PM
  #6
Afam*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 500


Last edited by Afam*: 03-03-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Afam* is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:25 PM
  #7
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003
 
The n00b King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHegs1349 View Post
What cheap shots?
That's exactly my point. Bruins fans are so used to seeing their team play the way they do that they can't even recognize that they play dirty. Instead "it's strong hockey plays".

As for the habs embellishing, sure, that certainly happens. But like someone else said, every team does this. The habs aren't more guilty than any other. The only reason why some seem to think this is because they have such hatred for the Habs that there can be no objectivity on their part.

Watch other teams man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afam View Post


Remember guys don't feed the Trolls.
I'm not a troll. Just an objective hockey fan. That's like saying "you're just saying this 'cuz you be hatin'". How can you have a constructive argument with someone when they say this???

The n00b King is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:26 PM
  #8
Afam*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 500
Remember guys don't feed the Trolls.

Afam* is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:30 PM
  #9
Rubber Biscuit
Registered User
 
Rubber Biscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,782
vCash: 500
Since when does Julien whine to the media after every loss?

And what cheap shots did the Bruins throw tonight?

Rubber Biscuit is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:31 PM
  #10
cheg1349
Registered User
 
cheg1349's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King View Post
That's exactly my point. Bruins fans are so used to seeing their team play the way they do that they can't even recognize that they play dirty. Instead "it's strong hockey plays".

As for the habs embellishing, sure, that certainly happens. But like someone else said, every team does this. The habs aren't more guilty than any other. The only reason why some seem to think this is because they have such hatred for the Habs that there can be no objectivity on their part.

Watch other teams man...



I'm not a troll. Just an objective hockey fan. That's like saying "you're just saying this 'cuz you be hatin'". How can you have a constructive argument with someone when they say this???
Yea I was completely serious in my question, and you didn't answer it.

And I do watch other teams, so no need to be condescending, man...

cheg1349 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:32 PM
  #11
Afam*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King View Post
That's exactly my point. Bruins fans are so used to seeing their team play the way they do that they can't even recognize that they play dirty. Instead "it's strong hockey plays".

As for the habs embellishing, sure, that certainly happens. But like someone else said, every team does this. The habs aren't more guilty than any other. The only reason why some seem to think this is because they have such hatred for the Habs that there can be no objectivity on their part.

Watch other teams man...



I'm not a troll. Just an objective hockey fan. That's like saying "you're just saying this 'cuz you be hatin'". How can you have a constructive argument with someone when they say this???

I wasn't talking about you. I was speaking in general terms. Ask before you falsely accuse someone of something. last thing we need is too have this thread locked up. That's why i said what i said.

Afam* is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:35 PM
  #12
JRull86
Formerly Guiledoom
 
JRull86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Bing, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,762
vCash: 500
100% spot on Claude.

JRull86 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:37 PM
  #13
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go
 
Cory Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brockton
Country: United States
Posts: 7,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King View Post
That's exactly my point. Bruins fans are so used to seeing their team play the way they do that they can't even recognize that they play dirty. Instead "it's strong hockey plays".

As for the habs embellishing, sure, that certainly happens. But like someone else said, every team does this. The habs aren't more guilty than any other. The only reason why some seem to think this is because they have such hatred for the Habs that there can be no objectivity on their part.
Though I agree with your assessment about embellishing, I think the point of Julien doing this is to back up his own players. He's upset about the loss and understandably so because of a cheap shot affecting the game. It isn't so much the fact that its B's and Habs. That part is obvious. The only thing is that Chara wouldn't have had the penalty would Emelin not have cheapshotted Seguin. Personally that's how I saw it as Seguin had just made a great move and was coming strong through the neutral zone.

I think he was referring more to the fact, and I could be wrong, the fact that these actions were taken, and the Bruins, unfortunately responded and ended up losing. Emelin's move was a dirty move, yes, and Chara came off directly because of his reaction. But the defense to that really is Chara's way of defending his teammate is technically what cost them the game, and not the cheapshot.

Cory Trevor is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:44 PM
  #14
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Biscuit View Post

And what cheap shots did the Bruins throw tonight?
Chara going after Emelin wasn't a cheap shot?

hogtownhabsfan* is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:52 PM
  #15
Rubber Biscuit
Registered User
 
Rubber Biscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Chara going after Emelin wasn't a cheap shot?
I guess you can call that a cheap shot. I wouldn't. You can call me a homer for that.

I'd call it Chara defending Seguin. He skated over and shoved Emelin and knocked him over. He didn't start attacking pounding Emelin while he was on the ice. He waited for him to get up and started throwing punches.

And I'd say the same if it was the other way around. I don't think that was cheap.

Rubber Biscuit is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:00 AM
  #16
MioneRask134
Queen in the North
 
MioneRask134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hogwarts-617
Country: United States
Posts: 12,548
vCash: 500
Clode,

MioneRask134 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:01 AM
  #17
Bone for your jar
Registered User
 
Bone for your jar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston, Mass.
Posts: 2,222
vCash: 500
I love Claude, but this is lame. Marchand, Peverley, and Ference are all guys I've seen do their share of embellishing. Let's get over ourselves. Subban's problem is he makes it look so obviously fake; it's the hockey version of the Argentinian soccer player making operatic gestures of agony on the grass. He makes it impossible to suspend disbelief.

Bone for your jar is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:07 AM
  #18
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,344
vCash: 500
Lost a ton of respect for Julien, but it happens. See you next time Bruins! These are the best games in the NHL!

CanadienShark is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:09 AM
  #19
KCBRUIN
Tuukka Time
 
KCBRUIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kansas City Mo.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Lost a ton of respect for Julien, but it happens. See you next time Bruins! These are the best games in the NHL!
Thanks for stopping by to let us know. I'll put that in my big book of things I could give two ***** about.

KCBRUIN is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:16 AM
  #20
Kitchener Boy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBRUIN View Post
No it wasn't. Bruins players stick up for each other. Since you're a Habs fan I understand how that wouldn't make sense to you. Your board is that-a-way.
Well said

Kitchener Boy is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:23 AM
  #21
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy
 
Culture of Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Between ET & CT
Country: United States
Posts: 8,548
vCash: 500
The Canadiens do not have a monopoly on embellishment. They might be master purveyors of the art, but they're not alone in doing it. Our guys do it from time to time. Just because they may do it more or the Bruins may do it less doesn't make any one instance worse than the other.

I'm fine with Claude coming out and saying this, but ultimately it's something that the NHL needs to hear. Coming out now and talking about it after a tough loss to a division rival is going to serve to fuel the "pot calling kettle" debate. I like that he's sticking up for his guys, but he'll take some heat too.

It's not an issue of the Habs; it's the bigger issue that officiating has been maddeningly inconsistent this year throughout the league. overall, play is sloppier than usual and so is the officiating. The Bruins have both benefitted from and been penalized due to bad, inconsistent officiating. We've just had little reason to complain about it Until now.

I just don't like the idea of highlighting this in a thread. It makes this fan base look like the ones we rail against on a daily basis.....but that's just me. Lost in the complaints about officiating is the fact that the Bruins' defensive strategy went to **** in the third period (yes, Chara was out....you have to figure out how to manage those 17 minutes) and the fact that yet again...the third line (sans whipping boy Bourque) looked like poop.

Culture of Hockey is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:23 AM
  #22
bruins04
Registered User
 
bruins04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
every team has guys who dive is something that's a total misdirection in my mind. every team wins games. even columbus... that doesn't change that chicago is better and more consistent at it.

mtl #1 for pp time, bruins #29. the weaver hit on lucic... looked similar to me as the kaleta hit on richards (except for injury). but the b's come out of it down... i'm not saying the fix is in or anything ridiculous like that. but the bruins don't get the benefit of the doubt because they're the rough, goon team.

however, whenever teams that dive do their thing, they get rewarded. in worst case, it is a coincidental call. which makes me wonder what's the point. a 5 on 4 turning into a 4 on 3 is better, nothing to deter it.

bruins04 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:28 AM
  #23
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go
 
Cory Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brockton
Country: United States
Posts: 7,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
The Canadiens do not have a monopoly on embellishment. They might be master purveyors of the art, but they're not alone in doing it. Our guys do it from time to time. Just because they may do it more or the Bruins may do it less doesn't make any one instance worse than the other.

I'm fine with Claude coming out and saying this, but ultimately it's something that the NHL needs to hear. Coming out now and talking about it after a tough loss to a division rival is going to serve to fuel the "pot calling kettle" debate. I like that he's sticking up for his guys, but he'll take some heat too.

It's not an issue of the Habs; it's the bigger issue that officiating has been maddeningly inconsistent this year throughout the league. overall, play is sloppier than usual and so is the officiating. The Bruins have both benefitted from and been penalized due to bad, inconsistent officiating. We've just had little reason to complain about it Until now.

I just don't like the idea of highlighting this in a thread. It makes this fan base look like the ones we rail against on a daily basis.....but that's just me. Lost in the complaints about officiating is the fact that the Bruins' defensive strategy went to **** in the third period (yes, Chara was out....you have to figure out how to manage those 17 minutes) and the fact that yet again...the third line (sans whipping boy Bourque) looked like poop.
Well said. I agree with you however I fear, and I really do fear this that we are heading in the direction of, dare I say it, soccer. Unfortunately whenever you ask someone who has played or is a big fan of soccer, when a penalty happens, even if there is embellishment, then it has to be called. This is my biggest fear. However they can correct it, all around, it would be nice to find a way.

Cory Trevor is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:38 AM
  #24
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez
 
unifiedtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,330
vCash: 500
Claude NEVER talks to the media about this ****....shows me he was upset ad he the right to be upset.

unifiedtheory is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:39 AM
  #25
Afam*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 500
Let's just face it the Refs in The NHL suck. Suck is not even the right word i was looking for. How about Putrid or Eye nauseating. I don't even know what's a penalty or the difference between checking, roughing, slashing etc anymore.

Afam* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.