HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Do the Habs need a heavyweight enforcer?

View Poll Results: Should the Habs claim Matt Kassian on waivers from Minnesota?
Yes 86 74.78%
No 29 25.22%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 12:05 AM
MayorFord

vCash: 500
its clear we need someone legit who knows his ****ing role. wont play him every game, but is there for special occasions

Old
03-04-2013, 12:05 AM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Let them all take 17 minute penalties. We'll play their ECHL team to wins.
I bet you got a kick out watching Desharnais being thrown to the ice. What about Gallagher and his concussion getting thrown to the ice.

Subban? You like him getting smashed into the boards by Thornton? How about when Horton shoved him into the net.....luckily avoiding the post?

You like the pounding Emelin had to take tonight?

And what about a tough and effective winger having to fight Lucic and get pounded for having a lot of heart?

Did you love all of that?

Old
03-04-2013, 12:06 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I bet you got a kick out watching Desharnais being thrown to the ice. What about Gallagher and his concussion getting thrown to the ice.

Subban? You like him getting smashed into the boards by Thornton? How about when Horton shoved him into the net.....luckily avoiding the post?

And what about a tough and effective winger having to fight Lucic and get pounded for having a lot of heart?

I did. Because the team stuck to their game and won.

You also act as though this team is made of glass. This is a tough, resilient team. They can take a few licks.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:09 AM
SouthernHab

Quote:
I did. Because the team stuck to their game and won.

You also act as though this team is made of glass. This is a tough, resilient team. They can take a few licks.
Pathetic.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:10 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Pathetic.
Awww I'm sorry, go back to loving Brad Staubitz fights while the Habs are in 15th.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:10 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:

Unless you get rid of those small players, it's going to happen. It's the way the Bruins play. Watch them play any team, it's what they do. All the goons in the world won't stop it.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:11 AM
simplysincere*

To answer the OP. The answer is no.

I'd rather have several middle-weight players who can fight, yet still play the game. We have Prust, Moen, Armstrong, Gorges, Bouillon, and White who can all play yet drop the gloves when required. You build a stronger team this way too, since multiple players can stand up, which makes it hard for the opposing to team to intimidate us.

Our team looks like a mirror image of Boston. We have depth, and skill, and multiple guys that can scrap. What we lack in size, is compensated through intensity and fearlessness.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:12 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Pathetic.
I agree with you about adding a heavy, but stop bashing Gauthier for the "soft" thing. Gauthier did alot to add toughness to this organization, including but not limited to drafting Tinordi in the first round.

Anyone who drafts a Tinordi in the first round isn't about softness. Let alone someone who acquired guys like Staubitz, Schultz, etc...

The inaccuracy of it just bothers me.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:13 AM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Awww I'm sorry, go back to loving Brad Staubitz fights while the Habs are in 15th.
Do you miss Gauthier's tender voice? The longing of having a pacifist GM?

Old
03-04-2013, 12:15 AM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I agree with you about adding a heavy, but stop bashing Gauthier for the "soft" thing. Gauthier did alot to add toughness to this organization, including but not limited to drafting Tinordi in the first round.

Anyone who drafts a Tinordi in the first round isn't about softness. Let alone someone who acquired guys like Staubitz, Schultz, etc...

The inaccuracy of it just bothers me.
No, sorry. One acquired player at the end of last season will not change my mind. Gauthier was not a fan of toughness.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:15 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Why White? Why Moen?

We have Weber sitting in the Press Box collecting dust. And if we need a DMan to call up, we have Saint-Denis who showed he can play as well as Weber in the big show.
I don't see room for the three middle weights and a heavyweight on a competitive roster. Prust, a legit heavy, and one of Moen/White is enough. Especially when Tinordi replaces Boullion next year.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:16 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
No, sorry. One acquired player at the end of last season will not change my mind. Gauthier was not a fan of toughness.
Gauthier inherited an incredibly soft team. In his short time here, he trade Halak for Eller and Schultz (not a soft package at all), and drafted Tinordi in the first round. That aint soft.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:17 AM
SouthernHab

Quote:
I don't see room for the three middle weights and a heavyweight on a competitive roster. Prust, a legit heavy, and one of Moen/White is enough. Especially when Tinordi replaces Boullion next year.
Lucic does not play on the fourth line. Neither does Prust.

The legit heavy only plays against the Sens, Leafs and Bruins. Rest of the time he eats popcorn upstairs.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:19 AM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Gauthier inherited an incredibly soft team. In his short time here, he trade Halak for Eller and Schultz (not a soft package at all), and drafted Tinordi in the first round. That aint soft.
Schultz, Tinordi. OK.

Eller. Never had a fight in the NHL.

But anyway, not the point of this thread.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:21 AM
Hugo Sham

wonder if Jared Boll is available

Old
03-04-2013, 12:24 AM
CN_paladin

Quote:

We are Canadians hence we ought to be nice and get run at endless! As if Moen and Armstrong who combined for ZERO hit tonight aren't waste of roster spots anyway.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:28 AM
Mynameismark*

YES ****ing hell YES. We have some good scrappers but they are smaller and cant do as well with bigger, stronger guys with huge reach advantages. We need a bigger guy in there who isnt passive like Moen is.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:29 AM
Mynameismark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
YES ****ing hell YES. We have some good scrappers but they are smaller and cant do as well with bigger, stronger guys with huge reach advantages. We need a bigger guy in there who isnt passive like Moen is.
I love Prust but the guy is gonna be meat by the time the playoffs roll around at this rate.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:30 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
for ****'s sake. we just beat them and this thing again? you can't fight a team like boston just by getting goons.

why you ask?

because they don't have one. you beat the bruins by not letting their ******** get to you.

i know it's hypocritical, but i've said all along that if we are to be getting a goon, the only guy i am in favor of getting if gillies.
1: i loooooove his 'stache.
2: guy's a lunatic.
3: seriously, that guy is "should be locked up" kind of crazy.

he wouldn't ask "would you like to throw down sir?", he'd just start punching. my VPN is borked but someone can go look for a video of gillies playing the KHL. guy trips the goalie on purpose, then when a guy from the other team approaches him, he starts wailing on the poor ****ing guy. it's hilarious in a terrifying way

crazy mofo

Old
03-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Mynameismark*

Mcgrattan would have been so sweet. Such a beast.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:34 AM
CN_paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
for ****'s sake. we just beat them and this thing again? you can't fight a team like boston just by getting goons.

why you ask?

because they don't have one. you beat the bruins by not letting their ******** get to you.

i know it's hypocritical, but i've said all along that if we are to be getting a goon, the only guy i am in favor of getting if gillies.
1: i loooooove his 'stache.
2: guy's a lunatic.
3: seriously, that guy is "should be locked up" kind of crazy.

he wouldn't ask "would you like to throw down sir?", he'd just start punching. my VPN is borked but someone can go look for a video of gillies playing the KHL. guy trips the goalie on purpose, then when a guy from the other team approaches him, he starts wailing on the poor ****ing guy. it's hilarious in a terrifying way

crazy mofo
Just when MT tried taming down White from putting his team in trouble, you want the most redneck enforcer ever?

Old
03-04-2013, 12:45 AM
DAChampion

Quote:

It is amazing.

They do not realize these pounding are not sustainable.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:47 AM
andy28

I would definitely take a good fighter/hitter we can insert into our fourth line against tougher teams. I also think we need some better scoring. Great that we have had so many games where we own the puck and get more shots. Just wish more would go in. And a d-man who makes it hell to get to our net.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:48 AM
CN_paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
It is amazing.

They do not realize these pounding are not sustainable.
They also think every Hab does hot yoga and is as flexible as PK when it comes to absorbing hits.

Wait till the playoffs where the refs let more boarding and roughing infractions go...

Old
03-04-2013, 12:50 AM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberPucky View Post
To answer the OP. The answer is no.

I'd rather have several middle-weight players who can fight, yet still play the game. We have Prust, Moen, Armstrong, Gorges, Bouillon, and White who can all play yet drop the gloves when required. You build a stronger team this way too, since multiple players can stand up, which makes it hard for the opposing to team to intimidate us.

Our team looks like a mirror image of Boston. We have depth, and skill, and multiple guys that can scrap. What we lack in size, is compensated through intensity and fearlessness.
You're not the one who get beat every night.. our guys gonna get injured by the Bruins even if we win the games...

Closed Thread