HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nazeem* 'The Dream' Discussion: Part 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2013, 10:31 PM
  #1
BigWilly
Registered User
 
BigWilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 100
Nazeem* 'The Dream' Discussion: Part 2

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...332655&page=40

Continue here.

* The explanation is the mispronunciation of his name to Nazeem not Nazem lead teammates to call him Nazeem the Dream.

It is a joke.


Last edited by ULF_55: 03-07-2013 at 09:24 AM.
BigWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:32 PM
  #2
The Beyonder
Registered User
 
The Beyonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingstonian84 View Post
Kadri's getting a bit cocky on twitter after scoring the HT, theres a picture of saying "Another Killer in Toronto" (hints at DG) and then proceeds to THANK him. I'm sorry but as good as Kadri has been this year, he needs to get over himself because he is NOT Gilmour 2.0, kid needs to take several seats if you ask me.


Talk about making a mountain out of an anthill. The guy tweeted the news headline and said in a playful way "I Don't mind this one bit killer!" to Doug Gilmour(never did he thank anyone for the camparison that he never made) and you go "OH WHAT AN ARROGANT KID, HE'S SO COCKY AND FULL OF HIMSELF"... Give me a break, some people still just have to pick at every little thing with this guy.

The Beyonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:36 PM
  #3
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beyonder View Post


Talk about making a mountain out of an anthill. The guy tweeted the news headline and said in a playful way "I Don't mind this one bit killer!" to Doug Gilmour(never did he thank anyone for the camparison that he never made) and you go "OH WHAT AN ARROGANT KID, HE'S SO COCKY AND FULL OF HIMSELF"... Give me a break, some people still just have to pick at every little thing with this guy.
Very well said, exactly what you said
I swear some people still pull out anything just to hate on the kid

mikebel111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:36 PM
  #4
BigWilly
Registered User
 
BigWilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 100
I'm glad the kid is doing this well, and that the city is excited about him. He's a tough kid and has taken a lot of crap so far in his career, so everything coming his way is deserved.

I'm just holding on until he starts to slump though; I think the way players handle a slump can really come to define them.

BigWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:38 PM
  #5
Chandrashekhar Limit
BUNGLADEISH
 
Chandrashekhar Limit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 16,225
vCash: 283
What can I say, he is a beast. Will be one of the finest we've ever developed. Yea I said it.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:41 PM
  #6
Stats01
Registered User
 
Stats01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,418
vCash: 580
When you look up the definition of developing a player Kadri's picture is right beside it. This guy has gone from almost being traded to being a rising star. He needed a kick in the butt to grow up and mature on and off the ice and credit goes to the Leafs and Kadri himself for coming this far. The guy is a stud and he's going to be here a very long time

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:07 PM
  #7
zeke
#freewilly
 
zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 30,648
vCash: 500

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:10 PM
  #8
leafsfuture
Registered User
 
leafsfuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,993
vCash: 500
Look I am a huge Kadri supporter, but we have to be cautious here. \

Yes, he had an amazing hattrick against the Islanders, but we saw a bit of the London Knights, "end to end" Kadri there, and I just hope he doesnt stray away from what he has been doing all this year because the Islanders defence looked like the Erie Otters.

I dont care about his comment on twitter, what a player like him posts on twitter means little, but what I am slightly concerned with is with him change what he has been doing this season -- head manning pucks, dumping and chasing when alone, and creating space for his teammates to penetrate the O-zone

leafsfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:12 PM
  #9
KomiMon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Newmarket, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
This guy has gone from almost being traded to being a rising star.
We never almost traded Kadri

KomiMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:19 PM
  #10
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,345
vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post
Look I am a huge Kadri supporter, but we have to be cautious here. \

Yes, he had an amazing hattrick against the Islanders, but we saw a bit of the London Knights, "end to end" Kadri there, and I just hope he doesnt stray away from what he has been doing all this year because the Islanders defence looked like the Erie Otters.

I dont care about his comment on twitter, what a player like him posts on twitter means little, but what I am slightly concerned with is with him change what he has been doing this season -- head manning pucks, dumping and chasing when alone, and creating space for his teammates to penetrate the O-zone
I'll agree here. I hope it is because of his linemates that game. Orr was on his line that night wasn't he? Kadri doesn't have to do it all when he has Frattin and one day probably Lupul/JVR as well on his line.

Anyways, I'm sure if Carlyle had a problem with it, he will have mentioned it to Kadri already. I think it's safe to say that it won't happen again if Carlyle doesn't want it to.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:26 PM
  #11
TMLife
#teambernier
 
TMLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KomiMon View Post
We never almost traded Kadri
I agree. I think he was a conversation ender in lots of deals. Management believed in this kid

TMLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:28 PM
  #12
Anthrax442
Registered User
 
Anthrax442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,325
vCash: 905
Wake me up when he is traded for a real player.

Anthrax442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:45 PM
  #13
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 34,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I'll agree here. I hope it is because of his linemates that game. Orr was on his line that night wasn't he? Kadri doesn't have to do it all when he has Frattin and one day probably Lupul/JVR as well on his line.

Anyways, I'm sure if Carlyle had a problem with it, he will have mentioned it to Kadri already. I think it's safe to say that it won't happen again if Carlyle doesn't want it to.
What wouldn't Carlyle want to happen again, Kadri scoring a hat trick?

Kadri saw an exploitable opponent, and he went out and exploited them. Forcing the play and then not scoring and having the opponent come back at us and hurt the Leafs would have been disastrous...

But I think it's great we saw an "end to end" Kadri, that ability makes him special. I see it that as a strength more than a weakness that he was able to read the situation and pick his spot accordingly.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:53 PM
  #14
blueNwhite89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax442 View Post
Wake me up when he is traded for a real player.
Enjoy your sleep then. Kid is going nowhere.

blueNwhite89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:56 PM
  #15
AvroArrow
Registered User
 
AvroArrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax442 View Post
Wake me up when he is traded for a real player.

AvroArrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:06 AM
  #16
Happy Fan
one big happy family
 
Happy Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KomiMon View Post
We never almost traded Kadri
I dont know about that cause i remember burke saying he considered kadri kulemin for richards before la swooped in but otherwise unlikely

Happy Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:14 AM
  #17
bleed_oil
Registered User
 
bleed_oil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,844
vCash: 500
Not only that, but I think there were fairly decent sources indicating that the Leafs were (actually) dangling Kadri+ for Luongo.

bleed_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:23 AM
  #18
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,578
vCash: 500
I love Nazem but he has a way to go yet.







There is soooooo much you guys should see from BEFORE he came to Toronto.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:02 AM
  #19
Ruki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
I love Nazem but he has a way to go yet.







There is soooooo much you guys should see from BEFORE he came to Toronto.
Dirty plays and dirty hits, haha.

Would love if Kadri could become the next Gilmour.

Ruki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:19 AM
  #20
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki View Post
Dirty plays and dirty hits, haha.

Would love if Kadri could become the next Gilmour.
The best way to describe Gilmour:

Honey Badger:

BRody does the commentary here.



charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:27 AM
  #21
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,003
vCash: 500
Patience is still the key with Nazem. Consistency is now the main issue. So far so good though.

__________________
http://i57.tinypic.com/28b4abo.jpg
DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:43 AM
  #22
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,578
vCash: 500
HEy there's my video.


YA kAdri looks great. Been a while since we nurtured a raw talent into an NHL player.

He totally looks like he could be a #1C.

The Issue is can he keep doing it, and can he do it against the best defensive units?

HE's better than Bozak. But if we could find someone good enough so he is 1B going forward then the team is in a position to challenge in the post season.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:42 AM
  #23
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.
 
A1LeafNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,296
vCash: 500
Please please please. Someone do a Nas- "Made you look" video for Naz Kadri.

"They shootin!!!! Awww made you look!!!"

A1LeafNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:45 AM
  #24
tml145
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,663
vCash: 500


Naz Is LIke....

tml145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:49 AM
  #25
Confucius
Registered User
 
Confucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleed_oil View Post
Not only that, but I think there were fairly decent sources indicating that the Leafs were (actually) dangling Kadri+ for Luongo.
Just my opinion but that's why we fired the last GM. Kadri 18th in league scoring playing third line minutes. No player has more points with less playing time.

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.