HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

My Semi-Lucidbig Thoughts on Poile's Moves

Old
07-21-2006, 09:16 PM
predhead1

vCash: 500
My Semi-Lucidbig Thoughts on Poile's Moves

Haven't been around much to weigh in, so here goes . . .

1) Part of me is very sad to see Walker leave. He embodies everything that made the Predators franchise bearable through our painful infancy - hard worker, seized an opportunity to excel, played above his skill level, not afraid to throw his body around. All in all, part of me wishes we had 23 Scott Walker types in the lineup. That being said, I can't blame Poile for the trade. Scottie is on the downside of his career, as I think his style of play and the accompanying wear and tear has taken its toll. I wish him well and good fortune in Carolina, and will remember him as one of the first "great" Predators.

2) Vasicek: don't know much about him. Seems to have decent skill, has good size and hopefully strengthens us down the middle. Hopefully he plays up to his size and not down. Trotz has wanted this guy for 3 years, and given his predisposition to energy/physical players, I hope he knows exactly what he is getting. He could be a huge boon to the team if he lives up to expectations, plus we get younger and slightly cheaper from a cap standpoint.

3) Hall - what can I say. I was admittedly a big Hall fan when he came up, and thought he would do much better than what he produced last season. That being said, his history says he's going to be no better than a 3/4 liner with moderate goal scoring ability. I'm disappointed a former Mich.St. captain didn't play with a little more effort, so I'm not exactly shedding tears at his departure.

4) Young talent on the wings - clearly both of these trades were made to give more room to Upshall/Tootoo/Radulov. Hopefully they seize this opportunity with both hands and step up to a higher level. I especially think Upshall can bloom with more ice time, and I think everyone is waiting with baited breath to see what Radulov can do. If the "new" NHL is really about rolling 3 scoring lines, I think we're in very good shape for the next couple of years.

5) reading between the lines, Legwand had better get his a$$ in gear with a quickness. It seems the Poile/Trotz have may have soured on him a bit based on the recent additions at center. I think a signal is being sent LOUD and CLEAR to Legwand that he needs to play to his potential, otherwise don't be surprised to see him on the next train out of town - really curious to see what is going to happen with his arbitration hearing.

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 10:58 PM
HeShootseyScores

vCash: 500
*** amateurs . . .She kidnapped herself . . . A world of pain.

I agree on Legwand. The front office has shown that they aren't shy about getting rid of anyone.

HeShootseyScores is offline   Reply With Quote