HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#22 | Ottawa Senators vs. New York Islanders | Mar 3 | 3 PM | W 3-2 F/SO

Old
03-03-2013, 10:13 PM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Glad to get a win on home ice. Was it a great game by any stretch of the imagination? NO, but that's what good teams do. We are not a good team at the moment but these are baby steps in the right direction. It is however sad to know the Senators are without Spezza,Karlsson, and Anderson and they still are playing well. Imagine the Islanders as of today without Moulson,Vis, and Nabby? Nevermind, I don't want to think about that option = ) . Great job by the players and coaches of the Sens for keeping them together.

03-03-2013, 10:15 PM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post
'They' didn't try to give this one away, the refs did with that phantom call with 1:48 left in regulation. I'm not one to blame the refs for anything, but that was a horribly weak penalty, especially for inside of two minutes of the end of the game.
I've done what Kyle did. It is inadvertent, but it is a penalty.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Macch

I never realize how bad this team is going to the net. JTs line gets to the paint. Everyone else just floats around the perimeter. Not going to score many goals from out there.

Macch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Islanderfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
Glad to get a win on home ice. Was it a great game by any stretch of the imagination? NO, but that's what good teams do. We are not a good team at the moment but these are baby steps in the right direction. It is however sad to know the Senators are without Spezza,Karlsson, and Anderson and they still are playing well. Imagine the Islanders as of today without Moulson,Vis, and Nabby? Nevermind, I don't want to think about that option = ) . Great job by the players and coaches of the Sens for keeping them together.
That's what happens when you have good coaching

Fire Cappy

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:03 PM
HavlatMach9

Always enjoy watching Tavares play. With Karlsson out, Tavares reminds me what it looks like watching a player who is clearly better than everyone around him trying to figure out how to make his team win.

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:25 AM
stranger34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Always enjoy watching Tavares play. With Karlsson out, Tavares reminds me what it looks like watching a player who is clearly better than everyone around him trying to figure out how to make his team win.
Lets not go nuts here, he does have a 300 win goalie, a perrenial 30 goal scorer, the fastest skater in the game, a former 40 goal scorer, and a former Norris trophy defenseman surrounding him. The idea that this team is not talented is a myth.

stranger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:25 AM
IslesNorway

How come the Islanders always concede a goal when Okposo's in the box? It's becoming a curse...

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:16 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
Lets not go nuts here, he does have a 300 win goalie, a perrenial 30 goal scorer, the fastest skater in the game, a former 40 goal scorer, and a former Norris trophy defenseman surrounding him. The idea that this team is not talented is a myth.
No....the idea that there are no talented players might be a myth.

But a team is a sum of its parts shaped by the structure put in place by coaches and reenforced by an astute GM who fills needs.

So we have some good players on a very cra*py team. The team is not talented. Just watch the passing game and transition and set ups and compare them in game to the opponents.

Our breakouts SUCK. Our set ups SUCK. Our guys DO NOT CLOG THE OPPONENT'S CREASE. One guys....ONE GUY had 1/3 of the team's HITS!!!

I think many ignore the game and are drawn by the stats or stars.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:01 AM
gonnaneedsomewine

Lazy penalty by that bum Okposo. Dustin Penner did the same thing the other night - another big physical specimen who can't score, doesn't hit, and sucks.

I think that Lehner is going to be a great goalie in the coming years.

Matt Martin is awesome to watch

gonnaneedsomewine is offline   Reply With Quote