Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mikael Granlund V

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 12:57 AM
roto

vCash: 500
Granlund is starting to look better and getting used to playing in NHL. I think that in the beginning of the season he's been in a sort of survival mode in NHL - he's been trying to get used to the physical aspects, lack of time, lack of space, speed etc. It's hard to play well if you have to struggle is basic things.

I guess that soon he's able to unleash his real strengths because he doesn't need to use 100% of his processor time in basic things anymore. I didn't mean that he's going to do some miracles but he'll be better at least.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:00 AM
Sportsfan1

That was BY FAR his best game as a pro, assertive, agressive, great shot too. He's getting better and better and Yeo better stop sitting him from now on given his current level of play, he warrants more ice time.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:08 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
That was BY FAR his best game as a pro, assertive, agressive, great shot too. He's getting better and better and Yeo better stop sitting him from now on given his current level of play, he warrants more ice time.
100% agree.

He's looked pretty good with those linemates lately though. I actually don't mind him with Heater at all.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:17 AM
Sportsfan1

Me neither, though I could do without Bouchard on that line, heavens Bouchard is one worthless player out there for us these days, can't wait till he is gone.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:19 AM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
100% agree.

He's looked pretty good with those linemates lately though. I actually don't mind him with Heater at all.
Much better with Heater this go round as opposed to the couple of games they had together earlier in the year. Both of them have really picked up their games and i am relieved that Heater is making me look foolish for being so critical of him, hope he can keep it up.

Granlund was developing chemistry with Seto also before he got knocked back down to the 4th line. Hopefully Yeo will leave them where they are at now.

What to do when Clutter gets back is the conundrum though.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:15 AM
Henri M

Kind of feel bad for Granlund. He has been playing really well lately, and yesterday he was one of the best players, but still has nothing to show for it. Will probably be sent down soon.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:29 AM
Steve Cockburn

Very good game from Granlund. He was doing the right things on the ice; winning pucks, playing it to the goal, making good passes and also got a couple of good shots on. Unlucky once again not to get any points out of it. Most importantly didn't look scared to play with his best abilities.

Dont know why, but there were several situations where Granlund sneaked into a very good scoring position, but never got a pass, despite that Heatley etc. clearly saw him there. Wtf?

Old
03-04-2013, 03:38 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cockburn View Post
Very good game from Granlund. He was doing the right things on the ice; winning pucks, playing it to the goal, making good passes and also got a couple of good shots on. Unlucky once again not to get any points out of it. Most importantly didn't look scared to play with his best abilities.

Dont know why, but there were several situations where Granlund sneaked into a very good scoring position, but never got a pass, despite that Heatley etc. clearly saw him there. Wtf?
Unconsiouse decisions are made all the time in Hockey.. Sounds like he doesn't respect / trust him totally. He should be woken up by coach at that point I think.

Last edited by QnebO: 03-04-2013 at 03:49 AM.
Old
03-04-2013, 04:15 AM
Gaps

Now, THAT was the real MiG. He looked like a real NHL player out there and wasn't afraid to do his thing. This is the kind of self-confidence he has to have in every single game, but it still seems to vary a lot from game to game, which is a shame. It's also a shame that he didn't get any points last night, they would've been well-deserved.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:47 AM
urho

vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
Now, THAT was the real MiG. He looked like a real NHL player out there and wasn't afraid to do his thing. This is the kind of self-confidence he has to have in every single game, but it still seems to vary a lot from game to game, which is a shame. It's also a shame that he didn't get any points last night, they would've been well-deserved.
I feel exactly the same. This was the first time I saw Mikael Granlund that I knew from the past. More than a couple of great passes, good shot and just looked very confident out there. Should have gotten at least 1 point but was a bit unlucky... He loves to play against those Bar... Oilers!

Old
03-04-2013, 07:20 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by urho View Post
I feel exactly the same. This was the first time I saw Mikael Granlund that I knew from the past. More than a couple of great passes, good shot and just looked very confident out there. Should have gotten at least 1 point but was a bit unlucky... He loves to play against those Bar... Oilers!
Sounds like I must watch dat game on demand after all.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:22 AM
urho

vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
Sounds like I must watch dat game on demand after all.
Absolutely you should. It was a good game overall, even

Old
03-04-2013, 07:38 AM
JJTT

Too bad Heatley didn't bury any of MG's passes. He had like 3 or 4 changes right in the slot. Hope Yeo doesn't scratch MG because of that.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:53 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M View Post
Kind of feel bad for Granlund. He has been playing really well lately, and yesterday he was one of the best players, but still has nothing to show for it. Will probably be sent down soon.
If Granlund continues to play like he did last night, the points will come. The coaches know that and will keep him around.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:04 AM
Sportserie

Loved his play last night! He had a great game.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:37 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by urho View Post
Absolutely you should. It was a good game overall, even
Just watching the 2nd.. you guys have been right this far, now he really looks he starts to be real-deal in the NHL.. I dont even care about the points, if he can play this way and be in the NHL, it looks like a solid start for a good career. (But if this many chances are created, there will be some points too).

First PP starting now.. I know, I havent followed this team for long.. But when you haven't any better information, you would think that Brodziak is some basic grinder.. Playing #1 PP. There's heatley, Granlund, Zucker or Coyle that one would more likely play there.. Well the coach knows best for sure.

Btw other rookie #64 is Yakupov at this game.. He is worser than granlund, wonder how much **** hes getting for that.. He was expected to be big name but doesn't look that special.

Last edited by QnebO: 03-04-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old
03-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Eple

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
Just watching the 2nd.. you guys have been right this far, now he really looks he starts to be real-deal in the NHL.. I dont even care about the points, if he can play this way and be in the NHL, it looks like a solid start for a good career. (But if this many chances are created, there will be some points too).

First PP starting now.. I know, I havent followed this team for long.. But when you haven't any better information, you would think that Brodziak is some basic grinder.. Playing #1 PP. There's heatley, Granlund, Zucker or Coyle that one would more likely play there.. Well the coach knows best for sure.
Brodz has no business being there. I'd definitely put Granlund there on the first unit, or maybe Zucker. I'm not sold on Coyle at any level, I don't think he belongs to top pp unit or 1st line for that matter at this point of his career. When 1st line is out there all I can see is Koivu and Parise and some other dude trying to play with them. Last game was better for him, but I'd still rather see maybe Granlund on Koivu's wing, even if it was for 1 game only.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:46 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eple View Post
Brodz has no business being there. I'd definitely put Granlund there on the first unit, or maybe Zucker. I'm not sold on Coyle at any level, I don't think he belongs to top pp unit or 1st line for that matter at this point of his career. When 1st line is out there all I can see is Koivu and Parise and some other dude trying to play with them. Last game was better for him, but I'd still rather see maybe Granlund on Koivu's wing, even if it was for 1 game only.
Brodziak is there for one reason...his right handed shot.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Eple

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
Brodziak is there for one reason...his right handed shot.
Spurgeon could easily do his part.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:56 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Spurgeon is already on the PP....

Old
03-04-2013, 08:56 AM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Quote:
Or seto.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:10 AM
MK9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
God I loved that!!

I rewound it and watched it on my tevo twice
Wasn't just him slipping the check that was so great. It was that dingleberry knocked himself on his a** in the process.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:22 AM
nickschultzfan

Good game for the kid. The points will come.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
Or seto.

Thats the one I don't agree with Yeo on..why not Seto on that unit instead of Brodziak..I wonder if its to balance the 2 PP's?

Also hope this game solidifies Granlund in the lineup for Tuesday against Chicago. I think he played too well and his line was way too good to split up going forward. Bouchard and him feed off each other well and one thing I noticed was although Bouchard isn't a big forward defenseman respect him and his speed and playmaking ability so it opens up some ice for Granlund.

Granlund with space=deadly. And when he learns to use that wrister a little more..he will be very good.

Also a bury or two from Heatley and Granlund has a couple points last night. He was very good as I said before.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Agreed with all the posters above. That was the first game I saw from Granlund where it truly looked like he belonged in the NHL, not behind the play, not scared, not just dumping the puck, and not getting run over (well one shift).

I think a big part is him getting on the PP. He's a skill player who likes to have the puck. On the PP, he gets the puck, he gets a little time and space, and that helps his confidence. The more touches he gets, the better he will be.

Closed Thread