HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Brooks Orpik

Old
03-04-2013, 03:15 AM
Honour Over Glory

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
Don't you think he'll take his physicality up a notch in the playoffs though?
Maybe, he's playing 48 instead of 82, he should be more potent in a shortened season given his style of play. He had a longer off season to recover and train and then gets to play half the year and he's not playing like a beast. Maybe he's sick of Bylsma's system and honestly, I wouldn't blame him even a little for that. The system sucks and it's exploiting not only the Pens defensemen but the goaltenders as well.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:14 AM
NashLife
what if doobie?

vCash: 50
I would be willing to trade Del Zotto for him.

If you want a forward, maybe Kreider and deal Del Zotto for a top six forward.

NashLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:56 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeit View Post
I would be willing to trade Del Zotto for him.

If you want a forward, maybe Kreider and deal Del Zotto for a top six forward.
The year he was a UFA, the Rangers, Kings and Thrashers were trying to sign him and they were throwing some big contracts at him. He stayed for less, I wouldn't be shocked if the Rangers are still interested.

But I don't see Ray trading him within the division, even if Kreider would be a damn good asset coming back. He'll likely send him out West. Actually, damn you...now I am thinking about how good Kreider would look on Sid or Geno's left wing. Man...time to fire up NHL2013. Why would you guys be willing to give him up? I mean yeah Orpik is a solid defenseman, but Kreider is one of your better prospects is he not?

He's not lighting the AHL on fire, but powerforwards take time.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:10 AM
NashLife
what if doobie?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
The year he was a UFA, the Rangers, Kings and Thrashers were trying to sign him and they were throwing some big contracts at him. He stayed for less, I wouldn't be shocked if the Rangers are still interested.

But I don't see Ray trading him within the division, even if Kreider would be a damn good asset coming back. He'll likely send him out West. Actually, damn you...now I am thinking about how good Kreider would look on Sid or Geno's left wing. Man...time to fire up NHL2013. Why would you guys be willing to give him up? I mean yeah Orpik is a solid defenseman, but Kreider is one of your better prospects is he not?

He's not lighting the AHL on fire, but powerforwards take time.
I know and that's why I said maybe, if he's in play (witch he isn't, the Nash deal..) it should be for a guy that can help the Rangers here and now and I believe Orpik can be a guy like that.

But tbo it's pointless, these two team would simple not make a deal with each other. Especially a big one like this.

NashLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:23 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeit View Post
I know and that's why I said maybe, if he's in play (witch he isn't, the Nash deal..) it should be for a guy that can help the Rangers here and now and I believe Orpik can be a guy like that.

But tbo it's pointless, these two team would simple not make a deal with each other. Especially a big one like this.
The last big deal they made was the Kovalev one and that was a while back, I can't remember any other big trade between them since. It's been smaller ones since. Most recent one being AHL'ers Kolarik for Ferreiro.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:43 AM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
You have one bad memory dude. It's MIKE BULLARD, not Doug. People who say they have been Penguin fans for a pretty long time know this.
Yeah..my bad. Shouldn't be typing late at night....Doug Bodger and Mike Bullard become one player.

Ogelthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote