HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 22: Columbus vs. Colorado | 3/3 3:00 PM EST

Old
03-03-2013, 08:12 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 1164
AA42, BD17, TE20 and a 1st was a steal. Got to give credit to Howson for this trade.

Anyhow, good game to be at. I love tight - low scoring games.

Seen Porty suggests Umberger might get credit for last goal. Will have to watch replay. Seemed like all teh action tonight was on the other side of the ice and my eyes are getting old.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:26 PM
RDriesenUD

vCash: 500
It may have touched him, but I still think Anisimov should get credit for the goal. It was going to be a goal, IMO, whether it touched R.J. or not.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:33 PM
stickguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
How bad are the Avalanche? They look like they are going to steal the basement from us.
don't think you need to worry about that!

stickguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:34 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
That was a fun game to be at.
Agreed. It was my first live game of this season (I go to college in Virginia) and I was pumped. If you heard a guy yelling at Adrian Aucoin to get off the ice after Nikitin went down, that was me

candyman82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:58 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
Agreed. It was my first live game of this season (I go to college in Virginia) and I was pumped. If you heard a guy yelling at Adrian Aucoin to get off the ice after Nikitin went down, that was me
I actually might have heard that. Where were you? I was in the nosebleeds.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 09:16 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Nice win for "the replacements".

Didn't like the scarcity of body work in the last two periods.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Jackets Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
AA42, BD17, TE20 and a 1st was a steal. Got to give credit to Howson for this trade.

Seen Porty suggests Umberger might get credit for last goal. Will have to watch replay. Seemed like all teh action tonight was on the other side of the ice and my eyes are getting old.
I'm guessing you're in the attack once end.

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:12 PM
JacketFanInFL

Filthisimov. We have a very special player in him.

That snipe was top notch.

The PP actually looked functional against a pursuing defense. Great defense from all. Really no bad turnovers or anything. Bob basically had the night off because we sustained some pressure and played solid D.

The rest of the game was a snoozer for me.

JacketFanInFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:54 PM
squarelaces

RJ touched his junk and winced as he turned after the goal.

squarelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:52 PM
2minpenalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Fun game to watch IMO I really didn't think they played all that bad. The effort was definitely there, amazing what confidence can do for Johan's game. Anisimov Calvert Cam absolutely shut down Duchenes line bc they had the speed to match them. Cody often goes unnoticed but he's just a solid defender, like his game a lot. Artie is a great 2 way player for us, happy we have him. Pretty awesome he scored on his great friend to win the game.
I agree that it was a great game. Nice to see all the young guys contributing and playing hard every shift. Your comment about Cody is accurate, he is developing into a solid D man. Bring on the Oilers!

2minpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:06 AM
db2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post

I think you're right about the trade. Every one of the players has contributed and become important parts of the team. Erixson is to me the pleasant surprise. He showed a lot of moxie towards the end of today's game (can't remember if it was in OT or the 3rd). Obviously AA had the nasty GWG and showed mettle on the defensive end. Dubinsky is being mentioned for possible captaincy, though I'd like to see better numbers from him. All three of those guys are valuable to this team.

Add in the 1st rounder? I'll be generous to Nasher and agree that his trade was good for this team.

db2011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:18 AM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
I actually might have heard that. Where were you? I was in the nosebleeds.
Section 221.

candyman82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:48 AM
GrimReeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
It may have touched him, but I still think Anisimov should get credit for the goal. It was going to be a goal, IMO, whether it touched R.J. or not.
Your logic is way off here. Geez! Umby draws the penalty, screens the goalie, and gets a deflection and you don't want him to get credit for it?

GrimReeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:57 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReeper View Post
Your logic is way off here. Geez! Umby draws the penalty, screens the goalie, and gets a deflection and you don't want him to get credit for it?
He's Team Whipping Boy. G-d forbid he get credit for anything that isn't horrible failure.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:12 AM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
He's Team Whipping Boy. G-d forbid he get credit for anything that isn't horrible failure.
He should get credited for 2 goals imo. Anyone that scores a deflection off his johnson has my full respect...good stick work.

Great game, again if we could finish with a bit more regularity we'd be winning alot of these games easily. Its painful to watch a 5-3 advantage without JJ, Wiz, Anisimov (locker room), and Dubinsky, but the other guys have got to step up and execute. Nice to see some strong goal tending this last week from the tandem. I'm still hopeful one of these two can take that next step and be a strong #1. Prout is great, picking right up where he left off last season.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Plus grades (based on overall play but, like elementary school, also considers "showing improvement"): Prospal, Goloubef, Anisimov, Johansen, Umberger (for continuing to fight through some continued poor play and making some good things happen - still, not where the team needs him to be). EDIT -- gonna give Prout a plus after reading Nord's post. He played like I expected but I have some love from his game left from last season, while others may have forgotten, so he deserves to have it pointed out.

Minus grades: (based on overall play but also includes "sub-par based on recent level of play"): Dorsett, Tyutin (gets credit, though, for ice time), Aucoin.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:36 AM
EDM

4 points in three games? Not sure I like this trend.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:49 PM
OldGoaltender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I really like Umby with Joey and Foligno. I think he has stepped up his play these last five or so games.

OldGoaltender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Minus grades:
I want to give a minus grade to the joker a couple rows behind me who's keen observation skills (or beer goggles) helped him discover half way through the 2nd period that Cam Atkinson was short.

So we got a 2 minutes of hobbit jokes ("I didn't know they made skates to fit furry feet," "Shoot Frodo!") and special teams jokes ("We would be on a 5 on 4 power play, but it's only a 4.5 on 4 because Cam is out there.") repeated over and over and over and over and over for the rest of the game.

It made me kind of miss the guy who yells "Shoot" every time the puck crosses center ice. (But not by much)

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Crede777
Deputized

We can't say that the trade for Nash was a steal or even a victory for the Jackets yet.

But I liked what I've seen from Erixon. He was a + last night in my opinion, filling in better than I thought he would for Johnson/Wisniewski. Not superb but still better than I would have expected.

Also I think Anisimov can be a Voracek replacement. He's a year older but has that same big body / ability to pass that Jake had. The plus is that he's a center and can finish very well.

The questionmarks are obviously the 1st and Dubinsky. Who do we get with the 1st, although in New York's defense they (and everyone else) expected that pick to be 25-30th. Dubi needs to stay healthy and put up some offense.

One more observation: Every time a guy blocks a puck he seems to get injured. What the heck?

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Plus grades (based on overall play but, like elementary school, also considers "showing improvement"): Prospal, Goloubef, Anisimov, Johansen, Umberger (for continuing to fight through some continued poor play and making some good things happen - still, not where the team needs him to be). EDIT -- gonna give Prout a plus after reading Nord's post. He played like I expected but I have some love from his game left from last season, while others may have forgotten, so he deserves to have it pointed out.

Minus grades: (based on overall play but also includes "sub-par based on recent level of play"): Dorsett, Tyutin (gets credit, though, for ice time), Aucoin.
Other than his solid play on the PK last night, I thought Dorse was brutal 5v5. His stone hands were in full force last night. His miss on that 1st wide open net was nightmarish. Not that he missed it, but where his shot actually went that was totally mind boggling.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:36 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReeper View Post
To me, you should only get credit for a goal if you are the reason the puck went in the net. The puck barely touched him and was going in either way. He helped set up the goal, but he wasn't the reason we scored. Anisimov is the reason we scored.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:36 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
I want to give a minus grade to the joker a couple rows behind me who's keen observation skills (or beer goggles) helped him discover half way through the 2nd period that Cam Atkinson was short.

So we got a 2 minutes of hobbit jokes ("I didn't know they made skates to fit furry feet," "Shoot Frodo!") and special teams jokes ("We would be on a 5 on 4 power play, but it's only a 4.5 on 4 because Cam is out there.") repeated over and over and over and over and over for the rest of the game.

It made me kind of miss the guy who yells "Shoot" every time the puck crosses center ice. (But not by much)
Should've turned around and said "It looks like being tall has really worked out for you professionally."

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post

So...you sat in front of the ACA?

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote