HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Would the Bruins ever trade Lucic to Edmonton?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2013, 04:36 PM
  #51
4ORRBRUIN
Registered User
 
4ORRBRUIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnarkAttack View Post
The ONLY reason that Lucic wouldn't be traded for one of the big 4 on Edmonton is that he is a perfect fit for Boston. This is one of the rare "has more value here" arguments that actually makes sense.

League value would dictate that the Bruins would trade for any of the big 4, and probably throw something in. Because of the fit on the Bruins, however, I can see why they may not do that deal.

There really shouldn't be a value argument here. Edmonton fans, yes your 4 youngsters are worth more to the league. Boston fans, I probably wouldn't trade Lucic for one of the big 4, though Hall would make me think. Yay, you're both right!
And why are they called the big 4 ? First rounders ? The is no team in the league that can ice a player with the pkg that Lucic brings. The whole eastern conference changed or adjusted there team to try to compete with Lucic and the B's.


Last edited by 4ORRBRUIN: 03-03-2013 at 04:37 PM. Reason: ccdcc
4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:40 PM
  #52
4ORRBRUIN
Registered User
 
4ORRBRUIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Pure lunacy.

If Boston truly values the physical presence over pure goal scoring ability then we'll take that sore-thumb out-of-place Seguin off your hands in exchange for Theo Peckham and Ben Eager.

You take ANY of RNH/Hall/Eberle/Yakupov for Lucic and you run. You run faster then you ever have to that fax machine before Tambellini wakes up from his margarita hangover.
We value winning cups not draft lotteries.

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:50 PM
  #53
Bicepus Maximus
Registered User
 
Bicepus Maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
So a guy ( Yakupov ) that has played a total of 20 NHL games has more value than a guy ( Lucic ) that has averaged 20+ goals and 65+ points over a 5 year career and plays on the top line for a team that recently won the Stanley Cup ????


I rarely read HF now. And comments like this are the reason why.

I get the point the poster is trying to make, but to follow it up with something completely not factual is the theme of this site.

Lucic has never scored 65+ points. Ever.

Bicepus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:57 PM
  #54
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
He's come close twice

61 and 62 points

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:03 PM
  #55
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,091
vCash: 500
do oiler fans really believe they're going to poach an intimidating force like lucic out of boston without giving up hall, eberle, yakupov or RNH?
you won't


ps hab fan posting

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:30 PM
  #56
McArthur
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hockey Heart Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Sanguine View Post
How has no one even commented on the irony here?

Lucic was selected with the Oilers pick they got for dealing Sergei Samsonov.
That sucks

McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:34 PM
  #57
McArthur
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hockey Heart Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 969
vCash: 500
Guys like Lucic wouldn't make it in Edmonton. We had a guy like him named Dustin penner. If he didn't hit 60 points/season he'd be run out of town

McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:46 PM
  #58
fireworks
Registered User
 
fireworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bobcaygeon
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McArthur View Post
Guys like Lucic wouldn't make it in Edmonton. We had a guy like him named Dustin penner. If he didn't hit 60 points/season he'd be run out of town
I kinda see your point but Lucic and Penner are not very similar at all. Other than they are both big players...but Lucic is much more physical and tough imo

fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:50 PM
  #59
Neatman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,393
vCash: 500
Milan Lucic. The greatest 60 point forward in the history of the game of hockey.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:54 PM
  #60
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again
 
Johnny Bravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Game on
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
I'd do Hall, Klefbom, and a 2nd in 2013 for Lucic

Lucic-RNH-Eberle
Hemsky-Gagner-Yakupov

This is beyond horrible for Edmonton


Last edited by Krishna: 03-03-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:54 PM
  #61
Montreal Shadow
Registered User
 
Montreal Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leviathan View Post
When talking bout Lucic, value can't be realistically placed in a vacuum. I'm not a huge Lucic guy, but its undeniable what he brings to the table and how how that impacts the entire team. His physical play drives the boat for the team and sets the tempo. Adding Hall and Eberle doesn't mean that the Bruins will be able to match the loss of Lucic, especially in the defense first oriented system and mindset the Bruins deploy (as in, adding offensive potential doesn't mean that Hall and Eberle would be able to play the same way in Boston as they do in Edmonton). Obviously Hall and Eberle hold more value than Lucic on paper, however Lucic holds more value to the Bruins in the system they deploy than adding Hall and Eberle into their lineup. To sum it up, it's not as easy as saying points in / points out will be the great equalizer in deciding the value of a player.


As to the poster who said Lucic wasn't there during the Cup run, Lucic had a cracked rib and was skating with two broken toes on the same leg that had a high ankle sprain the previous season (notorious nagging injury).
So a 60pts forward's presence could not be compensated by two kids who could be consistent 70pts forward?

Lucic has to be the most overrated player from the Bruins. He's really good, he's intimidating, he can score, he can fight, we get this. Suggesting he cannot be replaced by two guys who are offensively better than he is is pure stupidity. You'd essentially have twice as many pts at worst. Sorry but Lucic's intangibles don't make up for that.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:22 PM
  #62
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest
 
BostonBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
So a guy ( Yakupov ) that has played a total of 20 NHL games has more value than a guy ( Lucic ) that has averaged 20+ goals and 65+ points over a 5 year career and plays on the top line for a team that recently won the Stanley Cup ????
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankLafontaine View Post
Averaged as in never hit that mark before?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicepus Maximus View Post
I rarely read HF now. And comments like this are the reason why.



I get the point the poster is trying to make, but to follow it up with something completely not factual is the theme of this site.

Lucic has never scored 65+ points. Ever.

Yup - both of you are correct. I screwed up the totals which is why I should never try to do math in my head on about 3 hours of sleep.

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:37 PM
  #63
DJENTLEMAN
Lost My Avatar Bet
 
DJENTLEMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Pure lunacy.

If Boston truly values the physical presence over pure goal scoring ability then we'll take that sore-thumb out-of-place Seguin off your hands in exchange for Theo Peckham and Ben Eager.

You take ANY of RNH/Hall/Eberle/Yakupov for Lucic and you run. You run faster then you ever have to that fax machine before Tambellini wakes up from his margarita hangover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
So a 60pts forward's presence could not be compensated by two kids who could be consistent 70pts forward?

Lucic has to be the most overrated player from the Bruins. He's really good, he's intimidating, he can score, he can fight, we get this. Suggesting he cannot be replaced by two guys who are offensively better than he is is pure stupidity. You'd essentially have twice as many pts at worst. Sorry but Lucic's intangibles don't make up for that.
I understand what you're both saying completely, however what you're missing is the system that the Bruins deploy and how Lucic fits into it with the other forwards around him. Adding Hall and Eberle in a vacuum would be incredible, however not at the expense of losing Lucic in the Bruins' system (as in their offensive games would be severely stunted because of the system, not due to a lack of skill - see Phil Kessel and Blake Wheeler outside of Boston).

The Bruins already have a size issue with the forwards outside of Lucic and Horton (who is in his last year in a Bruins sweater unless there is a significant change in the current cap structure of the Bruins going forward - as in trading both Kelly and Peverley), and with the possibility of losing both would mean that they would have to change their entire philosophy (something which Claude Julien is horrible at / unwilling to do).

Lucic flat out holds more value to the Bruins than what they would receive in return because of his unique skill set and how it fits with the other forwards.

DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:55 AM
  #64
zaYG
Nerevarine
 
zaYG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Derry, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 1,362
vCash: 500
I don't think I would really do this, but just for fun. I would consider it though.

Hall + J. Schultz

for

Lucic + Boychuk

zaYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:58 AM
  #65
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,941
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaYG View Post
I don't think I would really do this, but just for fun. I would consider it though.

Hall + J. Schultz

for

Lucic + Boychuk
Yeah, you would consider it?

Wow. Are you sure you don't want RNH too? Seems like Boston is giving up too much.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:01 AM
  #66
zaYG
Nerevarine
 
zaYG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Derry, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 1,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Yeah, you would consider it?

Wow. Are you sure you don't want RNH too? Seems like Boston is giving up too much.
That definitely is too much from Edmonton, you're right.

Honestly I would add a couple of picks on top of that. I would just love to acquire Schultz but it probably would never happen.

Switch Hall for Hemsky and add a 2nd from Boston?

zaYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:03 AM
  #67
Montreal Shadow
Registered User
 
Montreal Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leviathan View Post
I understand what you're both saying completely, however what you're missing is the system that the Bruins deploy and how Lucic fits into it with the other forwards around him. Adding Hall and Eberle in a vacuum would be incredible, however not at the expense of losing Lucic in the Bruins' system (as in their offensive games would be severely stunted because of the system, not due to a lack of skill - see Phil Kessel and Blake Wheeler outside of Boston).

The Bruins already have a size issue with the forwards outside of Lucic and Horton (who is in his last year in a Bruins sweater unless there is a significant change in the current cap structure of the Bruins going forward - as in trading both Kelly and Peverley), and with the possibility of losing both would mean that they would have to change their entire philosophy (something which Claude Julien is horrible at / unwilling to do).

Lucic flat out holds more value to the Bruins than what they would receive in return because of his unique skill set and how it fits with the other forwards.
Claude Julien isn't such an idiot. You have two of the most skilled young forwards in the game. Bruins still have plenty of toughness on the back-end and bottom two lines. The likes of Hall and Eberle would be effective in Boston because the Bruins are a tough team already. They would be allowed to freely run around in the offensive zone knowing they got Chara, Horton, McQuaid etc watching their back. These kids are basically on Tyler Seguin's level. Sure losing Lucic would hurt but you're talking as if he's the foundation of the whole team and losing him would make the team collapse. It's really not the case.

Edit: Was Lucic even playing yesterday? If he was I didn't even notice. Imagine you had Eberle and and RNH. This game would have ended 4-1 BOS.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:32 AM
  #68
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
Yes Bruins fans, Lucic is the most valuable player in the NHL and should at the very least return Hall and Eberle in a trade, since the Bruins need help on defense too, we'll throw in Schultz as well. I mean Lucic is at worst a 50 goal 100 point winger who plays better defense than Pavel Datsyuk, fights better than Georges Laraque, and stops shots better than Jonathan Quick.

Seriously, if you think Lucic is worth more than Hall, we'll gladly take Seguin off your hands for Ales Hemsky and Ladislav Smid. There you've got yourself a skilled offensive winger to play alongside Milan Lindros and even more toughness to protect Mario Lucic.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:35 AM
  #69
mdonova33
Registered User
 
mdonova33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
Yes Bruins fans, Lucic is the most valuable player in the NHL and should at the very least return Hall and Eberle in a trade, since the Bruins need help on defense too, we'll throw in Schultz as well. I mean Lucic is at worst a 50 goal 100 point winger who plays better defense than Pavel Datsyuk, fights better than Georges Laraque, and stops shots better than Jonathan Quick.

Seriously, if you think Lucic is worth more than Hall, we'll gladly take Seguin off your hands for Ales Hemsky and Ladislav Smid. There you've got yourself a skilled offensive winger to play alongside Milan Lindros and even more toughness to protect Mario Lucic.
What he's worth to us is more than his value would normally be. He is the quintessential Bruins player (big body, tough, still puts up points). The Bruins wouldn't trade him unless they were getting an insane overpayment for him.

mdonova33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:42 AM
  #70
BadBruins
Registered User
 
BadBruins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
Claude Julien isn't such an idiot. You have two of the most skilled young forwards in the game. Bruins still have plenty of toughness on the back-end and bottom two lines. The likes of Hall and Eberle would be effective in Boston because the Bruins are a tough team already. They would be allowed to freely run around in the offensive zone knowing they got Chara, Horton, McQuaid etc watching their back. These kids are basically on Tyler Seguin's level. Sure losing Lucic would hurt but you're talking as if he's the foundation of the whole team and losing him would make the team collapse. It's really not the case.

Edit: Was Lucic even playing yesterday? If he was I didn't even notice. Imagine you had Eberle and and RNH. This game would have ended 4-1 BOS.
If you actually remembered watching the pre-Lucic Bruins like I do, you wouldn't be so confident saying that. Lucic brings the toughness identity to the Bruins in a way that's simply irreplaceable. If they lost him, I'm 100% certain team style and culture changes would occur. Given the teams success in recent years, why take that risk?

BadBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:44 AM
  #71
tml145
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,505
vCash: 500
I don't think Lucic will ever leave boston. even when his skill diminishes, they will use him as a 4th line enforcer

tml145 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:02 AM
  #72
billsoilers
Registered User
 
billsoilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rio Grande do Sul
Posts: 649
vCash: 500
Eberle + anything B's fan wants to add outside of the other kids and Smid.

billsoilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:05 AM
  #73
4ORRBRUIN
Registered User
 
4ORRBRUIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
Claude Julien isn't such an idiot. You have two of the most skilled young forwards in the game. Bruins still have plenty of toughness on the back-end and bottom two lines. The likes of Hall and Eberle would be effective in Boston because the Bruins are a tough team already. They would be allowed to freely run around in the offensive zone knowing they got Chara, Horton, McQuaid etc watching their back. These kids are basically on Tyler Seguin's level. Sure losing Lucic would hurt but you're talking as if he's the foundation of the whole team and losing him would make the team collapse. It's really not the case.

Edit: Was Lucic even playing yesterday? If he was I didn't even notice. Imagine you had Eberle and and RNH. This game would have ended 4-1 BOS.
Bruins stunk in this game add in 5 goalposts crapy d and crapy goaltending = lose.

Lucic is under the watchfull eyes of the refs vs the Habs plus his whole line had there worst game of the year. Still need a player with Lucic skill set.

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:06 AM
  #74
Reign Nateo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Sanguine View Post
How has no one even commented on the irony here?

Lucic was selected with the Oilers pick they got for dealing Sergei Samsonov.
That's not irony, it's coincedence...

And as for the thread, I don't see Boston making Lucic available for trade to anyone, anytime soon.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:10 AM
  #75
4ORRBRUIN
Registered User
 
4ORRBRUIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
Yes Bruins fans, Lucic is the most valuable player in the NHL and should at the very least return Hall and Eberle in a trade, since the Bruins need help on defense too, we'll throw in Schultz as well. I mean Lucic is at worst a 50 goal 100 point winger who plays better defense than Pavel Datsyuk, fights better than Georges Laraque, and stops shots better than Jonathan Quick.

Seriously, if you think Lucic is worth more than Hall, we'll gladly take Seguin off your hands for Ales Hemsky and Ladislav Smid. There you've got yourself a skilled offensive winger to play alongside Milan Lindros and even more toughness to protect Mario Lucic.
Why dont you hope your future hof players can get you out of the draft lottery for once. Lucic envy is

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.