HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The CH stands for Character! That's right, back in 1st place!

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
No, seriously. Watch the video ten times in a row. Slow motion and normal speed. There was very little contact. Maybe the refs saw the same thing I did? Just saying...
If the ref saw what you saw he wouldve called a penalty. I don't care what opinion you have, we're not on the moon, there's gravity and physics law to obey Seguin is not a superhuman being able to defy physics.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:01 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
It's not Chara's responsibility to make sure Emelin doesn't get hurt, it's Emelin's responsibility. He isn't a ****ing child, if he fears for his life then he should wear that full cage all the time.
For what it's worth, I heard that you're not allowed to wear a cage full-time in the NHL. You can wear it while rehabbing an injury but after a certain amount of time, it has to come off.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:02 AM
idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Call everyone who has a rational opinion a troll so I just joined a few days ago who cares? Can't people join here anymore? The internet is a bad place for kids like you who call everyone a troll jsut because they don't have the same opinion. Chara isn't a dirty player and good on him for defending his player. Why should I defend Emelin if he cross-checked Seguin to the ribs huh? Because he plays for my team?
The problem is not that Chara defended his player. It's how he went about it.

Stop harping on Emelin's cross check being dirty. Did you watch the game last night at all? There were dirty and borderline hits from both sides all night long (to say nothing of the stick work). It's the nature of the game. And in that context, given the inability of league officials to actually enforce the rules in anything resembling a consistent manner, a little payback is warranted.

But Chara's response was completely out to lunch. He skated half the length of the ice, blasted a guy nowhere near the puck with a big body check and then proceeded to try and beat the living hell out of him. On top of that it is "known" (I use known in quotes here because I don't know how official it is - but if us lowly fans know Chara probably knows) that Emelin cannot fight due to a medical condition. But that doesn't stop Chara.

Turn it around. How do you think the league would react if Bergeron - a player with a history with concussions - got "punished" for dirty play by being pile-driven into the end boards? It's the same thing - a potentially career ending play - except fighting has some kind of mythic attached to it that somehow makes it more honourable (although given Chara's size and the fact that he blind-sided Emelin before starting the fight I'm not sure that you can really say that here).

tl;dr A response would've been appropriate. Chara's response was inappropriate (and sadly typical for Chara, who seems to have the same kind of self-control that White was showing earlier in the season) and over the top and he deserved the seventeen minutes, if not an additional suspension on top of it.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
For what it's worth, I heard that you're not allowed to wear a cage full-time in the NHL. You can wear it while rehabbing an injury but after a certain amount of time, it has to come off.
This is probably the dumbest rule in the NHL. I can't protect myself ? ... If I don't want to take pucks to the face or sticks its in my own right no?

Old
03-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
You're calling for a dive too ? Come on you're better than this...
Actually i didnt. Maybe he was really hurt, maybe not but my point is that Julien would have whined to the media and call it embellishment if the role was reversed. Its just funny that he says embellishment is a disgrace for the game while Marchand is one of the biggest diver in the league and there's tons of evidences on youtube.

Last edited by Rosso Scuderia: 03-04-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old
03-04-2013, 10:04 AM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
If the ref saw what you saw he wouldve called a penalty. I don't care what opinion you have, we're not on the moon, there's gravity and physics law to obey Seguin is not a superhuman being able to defy physics.
No, refs could have decided there was illegal contact AND an embellishment and then let both go. That happens all the time. For crying out loud, just watch the damn video. You guys make it sound like it was a two-handed crosscheck to the ribs and the stick exploded somehow. Proof is in the video.

Old
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Actually i didnt. Maybe he was really hurt, maybe not but my point is that Julien would have whined to the media and call it embellishment if the role was reversed. Its just funny that he days embellishment is a disgrace for the game while Marchand is one of the biggest diver in the league and there's tons of evidences on youtube.
I agree. The Bruins org. is just a huuuge delusional sentient being.

Old
bsl

Quote:
Again calling me a troll... I'm as much of a fan of the habs as anybody but Emelin did something dirty and had to pay for it stop being such a homer.
A cross check below the neck is not dirty, it's a penalty. It hurts. Wow. It will very rarely result in injury. You're starting to piss me off. You ever actually play the game?

Old
03-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
No, refs could have decided there was illegal contact AND an embellishment and then let both go. That happens all the time. For crying out loud, just watch the damn video. You guys make it sound like it was a two-handed crosscheck to the ribs and the stick exploded somehow. Proof is in the video.
Day 2, patient still refutes laws of physics.

Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out East View Post
Doesn't say much for the other 2 guys when Mike Milbury is the most intelligent guy of the 3. I really thought that Mike Felger guy (whoever he is) was legitimately gonna start crying.

I never thought I'd ever say this but good job Mike Milbury.

Old
poetryinmotion

Can anyone give me a short breakdown of last last night's game (possibly even saturday's) about Galchenyuk's play and how Therrien used him?

How do you explain his current pointless drought?

Old
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by idk View Post

Stop harping on Emelin's cross check being dirty. Did you watch the game last night at all? There were dirty and borderline hits from both sides all night long (to say nothing of the stick work). It's the nature of the game. And in that context, given the inability of league officials to actually enforce the rules in anything resembling a consistent manner, a little payback is warranted.

But Chara's response was completely out to lunch. He skated half the length of the ice, blasted a guy nowhere near the puck with a big body check and then proceeded to try and beat the living hell out of him. On top of that it is "known" (I use known in quotes here because I don't know how official it is - but if us lowly fans know Chara probably knows) that Emelin cannot fight due to a medical condition. But that doesn't stop Chara.

Turn it around. How do you think the league would react if Bergeron - a player with a history with concussions - got "punished" for dirty play by being pile-driven into the end boards? It's the same thing - a potentially career ending play - except fighting has some kind of mythic attached to it that somehow makes it more honourable (although given Chara's size and the fact that he blind-sided Emelin before starting the fight I'm not sure that you can really say that here).

tl;dr A response would've been appropriate. Chara's response was inappropriate (and sadly typical for Chara, who seems to have the same kind of self-control that White was showing earlier in the season) and over the top and he deserved the seventeen minutes, if not an additional suspension on top of it.
Chara did overreact but on the spur of the moment who knows what was going through his head. He saw Seguin was down and wanted to defend his young player. While that message may not be the best thing for Chara's reputation he showed that you can't hit Tyler Seguin and get away with it.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:07 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Can anyone give me a short breakdown of last last night's game (possibly even saturday's) about Galchenyuk's play and how Therrien used him?

How do you explain his current pointless drought?
Galchenyuk was playing on the fourth line and Moen was on the Pleks line. I think Galchenyuk only had one shift with Pleks and was only once on the powerplay when it had 7 seconds left.

Old
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out East View Post
How is that Subban play a dive? He got hit from behind and got up right afterwards.

Old
onice

Quote:
Chara did overreact but on the spur of the moment who knows what was going through his head.
I can tell you what was going through his head. Tumbleweeds.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:09 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
How is that Subban play a dive? He got hit from behind and got up right afterwards.
He was just being an idiot, everytime the habs play hard and draw penalties they're being called divers.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Chara did overreact but on the spur of the moment who knows what was going through his head. He saw Seguin was down and wanted to defend his young player. While that message may not be the best thing for Chara's reputation he showed that you can't hit Tyler Seguin and get away with it.
Right, because if you hit Seguin, Chara will take himself out of the game for almost one full period, and then the Bruins will lose. Awesome message..

The message only gets through if it turns into something POSITIVE. A loss is not positive, especially when they were leading.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:10 AM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by idk View Post
This.

That's the difference between the two organizations. When White went nuts and the Habs lost the game because of him, MT took it out on him. Now, same thing happens with Chara but Julien blames the Habs for the loss. He's just one of the most classless coaches with the exception of maybe Torts out there. At this point, nothing would be sweeter than knocking them out of the playoffs. I don't even care what happens after. That's how I felt last year. Very peaceful after they lost their series.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:12 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Galchenyuk was playing on the fourth line and Moen was on the Pleks line. I think Galchenyuk only had one shift with Pleks and was only once on the powerplay when it had 7 seconds left.
What the...

Old
03-04-2013, 10:12 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I didn't know that, thanks. Sounds like an awfully silly rule though. They are so desperate to reduce head injuries, but they limit the amount of head protection? Doesn't make much sense.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:13 AM
idk

Quote:
Except he didn't. The hits continued. The dirty play (again, by both sides). Gallagher and Desharnais kept driving to the net like they were about a foot taller. Emelin kept hitting players. And Chara spent seventeen minutes in the penalty box. This is a net gain to the Bruins?

I will give Chara credit. A lot of folks around here are calling him dirty. I think that's the wrong word. Cooke is dirty. Chara is violent, and by that I mean he periodically (and you can usually tell when) loses control of his emotions and tried to use his size to physically injure other players. Unfortunately that type of behaviour is just as bad for the league as Cooke's behaviour. You can't have guys out on the ice looking to injure someone else. Chara might even be a bigger problem because the league seems to be unable (either because it is difficult to codify, or because league politics gets in the way) to curb his behaviour.

Old
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Holy... crap. Did I just watch Mike Milbury defend the Habs? Not only that, but then he went on to take shots at the Boston guys for being homers? Mr. Milbury, you've never looked more beautiful to me, than you do right now.
Something must be wrong in the World today

Old
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Right, because if you hit Seguin, Chara will take himself out of the game for almost one full period, and then the Bruins will lose. Awesome message..

The message only gets through if it turns into something POSITIVE. A loss is not positive, especially when they were leading.
The message is that Chara is going to defend his players maybe that's not positive for you but inside the B's dressing room it is and Seguin and every B's player for that matter knows that Chara has their back.

Old
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I can tell you what was going through his head. Tumbleweeds.

bravo....that was pretty good.

And Chara pulled a bonehead move. he could have just skated to him at the whisle and challenged him, then no extra 10. Chara pulled a bonehead move and was punished. pure and simple. Besides. it was just a cross check, it hurts, but come on, it isn't like he pulled a McSorley here.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:14 AM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Day 2, patient still refutes laws of physics.
You're obviously stuck with an impression you had when the play happened. Why don't you take a look at it again and see if maybe you were wrong instead of talking down at people?

Closed Thread