HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The CH stands for Character! That's right, back in 1st place!

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 09:14 AM
MonkeyBusiness

vCash: 500
I'm not defending what Chara did as a habs fan but I'm also not defending what Emelin did. They both acted like idiots.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:16 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
This is probably the dumbest rule in the NHL. I can't protect myself ? ... If I don't want to take pucks to the face or sticks its in my own right no?
Good post. I agree. Not sure the NHL outlaws them except in fights. Why should they?

But cages are a pain in the ass. I hate them. They're heavy, and you can't skate head up with he puck. That's likely the reason no one uses them.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Joe Malone

49 years I've been cheering the Habs, and it doesn't get any better than a victory over the Bruins. A gritty, hard-fought, come-from-behind victory IN the Bruins barn; without Bourque, without Diaz, without Price.......Priceless

It's no wonder Julien was whining and crying in his press conference.....he knows the Habs are back.

Stupid of Chara to take himself out of the game like he did. And he's their leader. But he also took himself out of the play on the habs first goal. He went for the big hit on Gionta at the side boards, allowing Plecknec to be alone in front of the net. Those first goals are so important.

There are games over the course of a team's season, that stand out as important building blocks in the team's development. Therrien said at the start of the season that the Habs have to learn how to win. Last night they did just that.

And I guess last night Hell froze over.....Milbury defended the Habs.

Go Habs Go!!

Old
03-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
He still sent a message, don't touch the future of this team. I'm not even a Bruins fan you guys have to stop defending the habs players for everything they do.
Who the **** are you to tell us what to do?

Not a bruins fan...

Old
03-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Rosso Scuderia

The Bruins are just so ******** when they lose against the Habs that after every loss, they are blaming anyone but them. Always the same thing.

As much as I hate him, Chara is their mvp, he overreacted and basically put his team in trouble and caused the loss. When your the captain and mvp of your team, you should think twice before jumping a guy. But still good to know that he still have a small brain, like Lucic btw, and can be put out of the game easily. Lesson learned, go after Bergeron, Seguin and Rask next game and you have Chara in the box for awhile.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:21 AM
poetryinmotion

Pacioretty with 1.11 ppg =

That line with BGally is really flying right now. When Bourque gets back we will be rolling 3 legitimate offensive lines, and hopefully AGally will be a big part of that wen he is back on the third line.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
I'm not defending what Chara did as a habs fan but I'm also not defending what Emelin did. They both acted like idiots.
no what Emelin did was a 2 min penalty. He didn't pull anything really dirty that isn't done 15 times a game.

Chara was an idiot. He can do that crap every game. Thanks for taking yourself out of the game, Boston doesn't need their #1 Dman for a whole period at all. That was idiotic. All he proved was that the bruins are easily goaded into making bonehead plays. Congrats

Old
03-04-2013, 09:22 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Can anyone give me a short breakdown of last last night's game (possibly even saturday's) about Galchenyuk's play and how Therrien used him?

How do you explain his current pointless drought?
He's 19.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
He's 19.
Unacceptable send him back to Sarnia

Seriously though he barely played last night, he still has a lot of learning to do and that's the whole point of this season and why the Habs kept him. Did some really expect him to continue at a ppg pace?

Old
03-04-2013, 09:27 AM
doc lafleur

Quote:
You are not on the right board.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:28 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Who the **** are you to tell us what to do?

Not a bruins fan...
Yeah because I have to lie on a website....

Old
03-04-2013, 09:34 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
The guy in the middle looks like he wants to cry.

Jesus Christ, take your losses like a man. Wah wah habs dive.

Habs didn't win because they dove, our backup outplayed their starter, their captain took himself out of the game for 17 minutes and we capitalized on it.

They like to think that they are men because they cheer for a big tough team but they cry like children when they lose.
The Bruins, led by Julie-anne never own up when they lose, never...always the refs...talk about embellishment, Clod needs some coddling...

Old
03-04-2013, 09:37 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
The Bruins, led by Julie-anne never own up when they lose, never...always the refs...talk about embellishment, Clod needs some coddling...
He is taking the heat off his players but I think he knows what's up.

It's like if you and your friends get into a fight with an other group of people but you know that it's YOUR friends that acted in the wrong you will defend them no matter what. They have a nice camaraderie going on but I hope none of them live in denial like that.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:38 AM
habfaninvictoria

The term Bully has been applied often to the Bruins here and several other places. It's kinda ironic given the fact that last week was anti-bullying day that a team like the Bruins operates under the image of big bad tough when in fact they embody the clinical psychological definition. I did a bit of a search (not much) on the subject, and yes, the target demographic is school aged children, but the markers the Bruins hit would be hilarious if not so tragic.

Definition of Bullying

Bullying is the use of force or coercion to abuse or intimidate others. The behavior can be habitual and involve an imbalance of social or physical power. It can include verbal harassment or threat, physical assault or coercion and may be directed repeatedly towards particular victims, perhaps on grounds of race, religion, gender, sexuality, or ability.[2][3] If bullying is done by a group, it is called mobbing. The victim of bullying is sometimes referred to as a "target".

Here is a snippet of an article about recognizing bullying behaviour.

Most parents of bullies have no idea that their child is involved in such destructive behavior—but it’s vital to find out if your child is a perpetrator; if he is, chances are he needs help just as much as his victims do.
If your child is a bully, here are some of the traits you might observe, or hear about from others (such as teachers or fellow parents):
he is socially immature
he is quick to get angry
he has difficulty building and maintaining relationships with classmates
he blames others for his mistakes
he refuses to accept responsibility or consequences for his actions
he is disruptive in class
he resists or actively challenges authority
he needs to be “in control” at all times, and displays anxiety or frustration when he isn’t
he tends to be a “follower” who is very susceptible to peer pressure
If you suspect your child might be bullying others, ask him—in a non-threatening, non-judgmental way—what’s going on. Let him know that bullying is wrong and won’t be tolerated, but that you’ll work with him to get help and turn his behavior around.

The Bruins need to look in the mirror and realize they are the ones responsible for their loss, not the refs or diving. Chara skated across the rink to get at Emelin... for what... a cross check... give me a break, the bruins do this after EVERY play. He's lucky he didn't get booted from the game.

We beat them with our BACK UP GOALIE... yup they should be mad... at themselves.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
How the **** Emelin acted like an idiot on the play?

At worst it was a penalty but if getting a penalty means your an idiot, well I guess every hockey players are idiots.

Second, I don't think the crosscheck was dirty or even that hard. It happened right in front of the Bruins' benched and none of them reacted immediately after the crosscheck. They only reacted when they saw Seguin was down. If it was dirty and violent, believe they would go ape **** immediately. The refs didn't think it was a penalty and Seguin was ok on his very next shift.

Emelin was smart and courageous to accept Chara's invitation, he knew that would put Chara put for at least 7 minutes. You're not a Habs fan if you don't think Emelin helped the team on that play and rather call him an idiot.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:39 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
It's not Chara's responsibility to make sure Emelin doesn't get hurt, it's Emelin's responsibility. He isn't a ****ing child, if he fears for his life then he should wear that full cage all the time.
That's ********. It's not Bobby Clarke's responsibility to make sure Kharlamov doesn't get hurt, maybe Kharlamov should wear steel ankle splints if he fears for his career.

Your post is bad, and you should feel bad.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:45 AM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
no what Emelin did was a 2 min penalty. He didn't pull anything really dirty that isn't done 15 times a game.

Chara was an idiot. He can do that crap every game. Thanks for taking yourself out of the game, Boston doesn't need their #1 Dman for a whole period at all. That was idiotic. All he proved was that the bruins are easily goaded into making bonehead plays. Congrats
How does the expression go? The Habs are living rent-free right between his ears. The Habs should draw straws before every bruins game - winner get to chirp chara all night. He also has to take a few punches - big deal. I'd take a couple of shots from that big freak jsut to tell him what I think of him!

Old
03-04-2013, 09:45 AM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out East View Post
This guy in the middle is a legit idiot. Wow. Makes Don Cherry sound like Stephen Hawking.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post

Yup. That's how I saw it. Emelin's hit was worth the same as Lucic's boarding penalty, except in this case he got a penalty and Emelin didn't. I don't blame Chara for reacting when he saw Seguin go down, but I blame him for stupidity in costing his team an instigator penalty.

Should Emelin have been penalized? Yes. But so should at least two or three un-penalized hits by the Bruins. Happens every game. The excuses on the Bruins board are pathetic. The same yokels screaming *** them! and Kill!! and Hurt Them! are first ones to whimper when a Bruin gets hit. Don't like dirty hits? Condemn them on both sides, otherwise shut up.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Bask
Embellishing User

Tony Marinaro just called Boston Zoo to confirm that Giraffes and Zebras get along pretty well, take that Claude Julien

Old
03-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
This guy in the middle is a legit idiot. Wow. Makes Don Cherry sound like Stephen Hawking.
Someone else mentioned this: The guy sounds like he's playing a pre-scripted part. His argument is just too ridiculous, too inflammatory, like his agreed role is to be the Habs naysayer. I cannot believe he is unaware of the stringy mess of poo dribbling from his mouth.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:52 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
That's ********. It's not Bobby Clarke's responsibility to make sure Kharlamov doesn't get hurt, maybe Kharlamov should wear steel ankle splints if he fears for his career.

Your post is bad, and you should feel bad.
Your comparison makes no sense whatsoever. Kharlamov did nothing to invite Clarke to slash his ankle, aside from playing well.

Emelin on the other hand did everything to invite some form of retribution (going after a star player with a cheap hit) and as such, should have to answer the bell. If he doesn't want to fight/can't fight, then he shouldn't be making dirty hits where guys are going to come around and make him answer for them. I have no idea how this point is being lost on some people.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Out East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Day 2, patient still refutes laws of physics.

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqOBYVgmWzk

I got 93% in advanced physics (granted it was decades ago) but explain how Seguin falling in the same direction he was already going defies physics?

Old
03-04-2013, 09:53 AM
PricePkPatch

Again, someone has a vid of the Subban/Kaberle/Horton incident?

Old
03-04-2013, 09:55 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
The message is that Chara is going to defend his players maybe that's not positive for you but inside the B's dressing room it is and Seguin and every B's player for that matter knows that Chara has their back.
Sure, that's one way to look at it, one I'm sure they already knew. Another way is to see it as their Captain making a stupid decision in taking himself out of the play for 17min which meant giving up the lead and trailing, eventually losing the game.

Seguin got a routine crosscheck. Stop trying to justify this super message. It was a stupid decision from Chara and didn't send any message. Their guys couldn't even rally and back up their captain. They gave up the lead, and then trailed never to come back.
Certainly shows how that message got across!

Closed Thread