HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan White

Old
03-04-2013, 12:44 AM
andy28

vCash: 500
Armstrong is the guy I think we should be talking about.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Beendair Donedat

He's obviously been neutered by Therrien and company which has limited his effectiveness. He needs to play with more of an edge to be better and now he's afraid to take a penalty. He will be better but he needs to be a little wild to be at his best.

Beendair Donedat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:50 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy28 View Post
Armstrong is the guy I think we should be talking about.
He certainly isn't the same guy that was part of the marian hossa deal, that's for sure. He's not skating as well as he used to, and that affects other aspects of his game, such as his physicality. He still plays the boards okay, though.

I don't expect to see him back next year.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:54 AM
Kovatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Does he have what it takes to stay in the league?
So far he's made some dumb plays and cannot keep up with the speed.
We need to deal him for a pick.
Are you kidding me? Do you even watch the games. Nevermind the, uhm, spirited part of his game, he is very reliable defensively, and has great poise with the puck. He's our best 4th liner.

Kovatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:24 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

he needs some coaching. MT is his man. i think he'll be able to get the most of out him. good thing is he currently isn't useless. he'll get his leash extended and learn how far it goes. right now he's gotta be a good boy.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:44 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Pretty effective 4th liner who is still trying to find the fine line between being constructive and deconstructive. I have no qualms about the way he's playing his role right now, but there's still room for him to get closer to the edge, without falling off.
This, exactly. He'll get better at picking spots to kick off and times to leave it.

Corncob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:46 AM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
He's obviously been neutered by Therrien and company which has limited his effectiveness. He needs to play with more of an edge to be better and now he's afraid to take a penalty. He will be better but he needs to be a little wild to be at his best.
In time, I think he'll find the right balance which will make him a very decent 4th liner. So far the coaching staff has been doing a damn fine job handling youngsters.

Madevilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Mr. Hab

Trade White? Are you ****ing kidding me????? (he's on five leashes right now...there's no doubt about that).

And then what? Prust has to do everything (and what happens if Prust gets seriously injured? we're in deep deep massive ****).

If some of you think White has toned it down...talk to Therrien.
White is an old-school fighter/4th line energy player...he cares about protecting his teammates...ALL THE ****ing TIME...right now it's just that Therrien has him on five leashes right now.

And right now he may be tentative because he wants to play and not be in a Therrien-doghouse for 5 games...I don't blame White.

Our toughest/grittiest players (that can fight...and yes Bouillon can fight...we need White):
Prust (amazing signing...amazing)
White (old-school guts/heart/protects teammates/can play if given a chance without the leash)
Moen (you'll want him for playoffs...he's a warrior)
Armstrong (ok he might be on fighting/bodychecking strike right now! but maybe he'll pick it up later?!)
Bouillon (I'm a huge Bouillon fan but he didn't have a good game vs the Pens last Saturday)

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 03-04-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:51 AM
HTTP 400

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post

Armstrong (ok he might be on fighting/bodychecking strike right now! but maybe he'll pick it up later?!)
Why do people think Armstrong can fight? He dropped 11 times in his whole career and was destroyed pretty much on every occasion. He even suffered a 1 punch knock-out against Ruslan Fedotenko!

HTTP 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:58 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
White is what this team needs. I trade YOU for a pick.
QFT. I wish we could do that to all those fans...

White has been more than useful, learn to watch Hockey. He does all a 4th liner should do, fights, hits, plays sound defensively, cycle the puck along the board, wins puck battle, doesn't take dumb penalties anymore. What the heck do you guys want more ?

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWalkThroughWalls View Post
Why do people think Armstrong can fight? He dropped 11 times in his whole career and was destroyed pretty much on every occasion. He even suffered a 1 punch knock-out against Ruslan Fedotenko!
And Seidenberg broke his nose.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
Hey, White did the right thing there. Remember when Greg Stewart jumped Ott back when he was playing for Dallas?? Ott was running around..and Stewart attacked him. The guys appreciate that and everyone here did too only cuz it didnt "cost" us a game..had the Habs won that game against Buffalo everyone here would be praising White.
Exactly. The Habs lost that game not White.
White was trying to stick up for Gionta and refs didn't help White.

Some fans don't deserve a player like White who sticks up for his teammates ALL THE TIME. Start appreciating him...please.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Rock On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Exactly. The Habs lost that game not White.
White was trying to stick up for Gionta and refs didn't help White.

Some fans don't deserve a player like White who sticks up for his teammates ALL THE TIME. Start appreciating him...please.
Agreed.

I'm glad he is a part of the Habs, especially on a 4th line. And he'll get better

Rock On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Mr. Hab

Glad this thread has its share of RYAN WHITE SUPPORTERS. I wouldn't want to have White's job (fighting huge goons, protecting teammates all the time, playing gritty along the boards, doing a lot of dirty work,etc,etc, and I've seen White play hockey...he can play when confidence is up there...love him anyday for our 4th line).

Go White Go!!

----------------------------------- --------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWalkThroughWalls View Post
Some of us (like me!) are wrong sometimes, that's all
But, it takes guts to fight even when you don't win fights...that's probably when it takes more guts (ex: Gorges vs that LEAF goon not too long ago). I admire Gorges for that but don't want to see him fight a Goon ever again...he's too important to our top 4 D-corps. Soe HAB fans laughed at Kostopoulos 'cause he didn't win many fights...I admired him for trying to protect our Habs. I still have respect for Kostopoulos for how he tried his best for the protection of his teammates. He did more for us at less $$$ vs what Laraque did for his teammates.

I guess as long as Joseph Armstrong can bring it (or sort of) along the boards and can be used on the PK and be a big/tall body presence (or sort of)...Therrien will use him.

But, we're definitely not seeing the Armstrong we've seen when he was a LEAF or THRASHER...faster, great bodychecker (sometimes very dirty)...those days are over. His body has taken a lot of beating over the years and he's doing what his body is allowing him to do, I guess. Playoffs...we'll hope to see more grit in the boards from him or in front of the net.

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 03-04-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old
03-04-2013, 10:09 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 50
White is playing is role.

He was left in the press box. Went back to pratice faceoffs and PK. Probably second best on the team for faceoff win (didn't look at the stats)? and a new player on the PK

He his a borderline regular on the 4rth line and I don't understand the reason behind this thread.

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:24 PM
larrypacman8167

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Does he have what it takes to stay in the league?
So far he's made some dumb plays and cannot keep up with the speed.
We need to deal him for a pick.
i honestly can't say i agree

larrypacman8167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:47 AM
Slugger

Love Whitey. If he had a better # like 25 that he wore throughout Jr's and AHL I bet you wouldn't hate

Slugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Therrien needs to let him play a bit more aggressively. You can tell that he's scared to go all out because he doesn't want to be benched. But it's his fault for letting it get out of hand, it seems like he can't play aggressively without taking bad penalties.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Lemons

He's making too many mistakes

Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:56 PM
Patty Roy

I think White will be just fine.

We need to find a true 4th line C (not Nokelainen), move White back to RW and get rid of Armstrong.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
White is playing is role.

He was left in the press box. Went back to pratice faceoffs and PK. Probably second best on the team for faceoff win (didn't look at the stats)? and a new player on the PK

He his a borderline regular on the 4rth line and I don't understand the reason behind this thread.
White gonna be fine as a 12th/13th forward.

I don't want to lose him as we lost Aaron Asham.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Kass Attack
Formerly HiggsBozon

He's got to get back some of his aggressiveness. Otherwise, he's as useless as they come. Good on the forecheck? So was Blunden at some extent. And it's still not enough to get him a roster spot.

Kass Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:38 PM
larrypacman8167

he won 55% of his faceoffs so far why move him to the wing, Nokelainen can stay as the 5th center for all i care or even take Armstrong's place so we'd have 2 good faceoff men on the 4th line

larrypacman8167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Charkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovatar View Post
Are you kidding me? Do you even watch the games. Nevermind the, uhm, spirited part of his game, he is very reliable defensively, and has great poise with the puck. He's our best 4th liner.

I agree with Kovatar and he;s good at face-off.

Charkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:24 PM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

Whatever he used to crank himself up before games he needs to take - just a little - less of.

CastroLeRobot is offline   Reply With Quote