HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brandon Prust to Montreal [4 years, $10M]

Old
02-28-2013, 01:49 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bonhomme View Post
Prust will be on 'Tout le monde en parles' this sunday.
With Maripier?

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Gros Bonhomme
Benoit Brunet #1 Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Gros Bonhomme
Yes.

Gros Bonhomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:26 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Here's the interview on Tout le monde en parle:

SergeConstantin74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:31 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

How can you not like this guy? LOL @ "MaripierE"

Last edited by DekeLikeYouMeanIt: 03-04-2013 at 12:46 AM.
DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Marc-E-

Prust is the best ufa signing from Montreal since...a while.

Marc-E- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:50 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
Agree.. Next step, Clarkson!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
It was a "must" signing.

Like Cole last season.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:08 AM
simplysincere*

Prust adds heart and soul to the team, something, we've been lacking for a while. Heart and soul > talent. I think Prust will have a long career with the Habs.

simplysincere* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:22 AM
PyrettaBlaze

Well, I was one of those who thought he was way overpaid. I was wrong. This guy has been worth every penny so far.

03-04-2013, 08:02 AM
Lionel Mandrake
Generic user

That signing, in retrospect, was a game changer. Kudos to MB for not only identifying the need, but finding the proper piece to fill it as well. Now if only Moen could wake up and smell that coffee, we'd be in even better shape in the toughness department.

Lionel Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Well, I was one of those who thought he was way overpaid. I was wrong. This guy has been worth every penny so far.
He's making the same amount of money then as he is now...so using that logic, he's still 'overpaid'.

It just doesn't matter when the team is winning and he's contributing in his own way.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:49 AM

Again, I can't stress how important Prust has been this year...kudos to the Habs front office for aggresively targetting him.

Now, it's time to secure the investment you made in Prust by signing/trading for someone who can back him up.

I have a feeling that MB is working on this though...

Old
03-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Again, I can't stress how important Prust has been this year...kudos to the Habs front office for aggresively targetting him.

Now, it's time to secure the investment you made in Prust by signing/trading for someone who can back him up.

I hope so, but it has to be more than a goon... a guy like McLeod would be good to aqcuire. He can actually play 9 minutes a game and not be a problem

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:52 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:

And who do we get rid of? He should have White, Moen and Armstrong backing him up.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
I hope so, but it has to be more than a goon... a guy like McLeod would be good to aqcuire. He can actually play 9 minutes a game and not be a problem
I'm not so sure it has to be more than a goon at this point...at the VERY LEAST, it should be a goon.

Can't have Prust fighting every game, he's way too valuable as a player for that...the Habs have 13 forwards who can play hockey, it wouldn't hurt to have one who's main abilities are his pugilistic skills.

And this is from someone who doesn't like/enjoy fighting nor do I like one-dimensional goons.

But the Habs went out this summer and spent a good amount of money on Brandon Prust, they have guys like PK Subban, Alexei Emelin, Ryan White, Brendan Gallagher, Colby Armstrong

All players who don't mind initiating stuff on the ice, which is fine...but the Habs will need more than just Bradon Prust to back them up.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
And who do we get rid of? He should have White, Moen and Armstrong backing him up.
I don't know who they 'get rid of'...IMO on defense you have Kaberle/Weber (two of the same)

amongst the forwards...White, Moen and Armstrong are not those type of players. Although Ryan White certainly is not afraid of dropping the gloves, he's not a heavyweight and has had trouble toeing the aggression/discipline line...

I'm not a fan of fighting, in fact I think it's extremely archaic and past its time IMO, however, it is still part of the game and as long as the Habs continue to ice a lineup with players who are sometimes known to antagonize their opponents

They'll need more than just Brandon Prust...especially in divisional games

Also, one more thing...when did people get the impression that Colby Armstrong can or will fight? He's just not that type of player

Old
03-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Saundies

Prust is a lot better "player" than I thought he was coming in. I thought he was just a crash and banger who could scrap, but this guy can play hockey. He's always buzzing around the net, and he gets his fair share of chances. He's got a great +/- and can pitch in when needed.

Love him, and great signing.

Saundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
Prust is a lot better "player" than I thought he was coming in. I thought he was just a crash and banger who could scrap, but this guy can play hockey. He's always buzzing around the net, and he gets his fair share of chances. He's got a great +/- and can pitch in when needed.

Love him, and great signing.

He's a beast on the boards...great at protecting the puck and moving it in tight spaces.

All the more reason to get him some help

Old
03-04-2013, 11:34 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
I don't know who they 'get rid of'...IMO on defense you have Kaberle/Weber (two of the same)

amongst the forwards...White, Moen and Armstrong are not those type of players. Although Ryan White certainly is not afraid of dropping the gloves, he's not a heavyweight and has had trouble toeing the aggression/discipline line...

I'm not a fan of fighting, in fact I think it's extremely archaic and past its time IMO, however, it is still part of the game and as long as the Habs continue to ice a lineup with players who are sometimes known to antagonize their opponents

They'll need more than just Brandon Prust...especially in divisional games

Also, one more thing...when did people get the impression that Colby Armstrong can or will fight? He's just not that type of player
So, again, since you skirted the question, who do we move to make room for a (heavyweight) pugilist? Armstrong? I know some people think he's quite useless on this team but I'd argue that he's not hurting us and is good for the locker room. Moen? He is tough, plays hockey, and can chip in some goals from time to time. White? Nope. I just don't see the team chemistry needing to be disturbed right now for a dozen games this year vs Toronto and Boston.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
So, again, since you skirted the question, who do we move to make room for a (heavyweight) pugilist? Armstrong? I know some people think he's quite useless on this team but I'd argue that he's not hurting us and is good for the locker room. Moen? He is tough, plays hockey, and can chip in some goals from time to time. White? Nope. I just don't see the team chemistry needing to be disturbed right now for a dozen games this year vs Toronto and Boston.
I don't think I can really answer that question...like I said, the Habs have several players who are all similar in style

Kaberle & Weber....Moen/White/Amrstrong/Nokelainen.

one of those 6 players IMO, can be replaced by a guy who brings a different element. Again, i'm not even a fan of fighting, there's nothing I'd like more to be eradicated from the game. However, the Habs have several guys who play on the edge, and that's fine, but only Brandon Prust seems willing to take one for the team.

This will need to be addressed...it's not just about the dozen games vs Toronto and Boston.

Prust is a new player, i'm sure he doesn't mind having to take on guys almost every game because he's still making a name for himself in this team/city. But how long can this be expected to last?

I would like Prust to keep playing the way he does...but the more this continues, the less he will be willing to step up to the plate.

Don't get me wrong, I like Moen/Armstrong, I don't find them useless at all...in fact, they're quite effective hockey players, it's what enables the Habs to consistently ice 4 lines vs their opposition. But do we need two players who bring the exact same thing on a 4th line? Meh....if an opportunity creates itself to acquire a true heavyweight at the cost one of them, I would like the Habs to do that personally.

Just my opinion...

Old
03-04-2013, 11:48 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
I don't think I can really answer that question...like I said, the Habs have several players who are all similar in style

Kaberle & Weber....Moen/White/Amrstrong/Nokelainen.

one of those 6 players IMO, can be replaced by a guy who brings a different element. Again, i'm not even a fan of fighting, there's nothing I'd like more to be eradicated from the game. However, the Habs have several guys who play on the edge, and that's fine, but only Brandon Prust seems willing to take one for the team.

This will need to be addressed...it's not just about the dozen games vs Toronto and Boston.

Prust is a new player, i'm sure he doesn't mind having to take on guys almost every game because he's still making a name for himself in this team/city. But how long can this be expected to last?

I would like Prust to keep playing the way he does...but the more this continues, the less he will be willing to step up to the plate.

Don't get me wrong, I like Moen/Armstrong, I don't find them useless at all...in fact, they're quite effective hockey players, it's what enables the Habs to consistently ice 4 lines vs their opposition. But do we need two players who bring the exact same thing on a 4th line? Meh....if an opportunity creates itself to acquire a true heavyweight at the cost one of them, I would like the Habs to do that personally.

Just my opinion...
And I agree with you, I just wanted to challenge you on that question because there seems to be no room at the moment unless you trade Weber and rotate your goon in and out of the lineup as needed. I think we are mostly fine, except vs the teams in our division that try to exploit the size advantage to its fullest (and still failed). Over a full season this would be indeed hard to maintain, though. And I would also argue that if we didn't have so many undersized forwards this wouldn't even be an issue.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:10 PM
gabbag00

The plan should be to take our finest women, make them date incoming UFA players and sign them afterward.

This should make us bring back a stanley cup in 2-3 years!

gabbag00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:11 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbag00 View Post
The plan should be to take our finest women, make them date incoming UFA players and sign them afterward.

This should make us bring back a stanley cup in 2-3 years!
Occupation Habs?

SergeConstantin74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Brandon Prust is the best Habs UFA signing since a long, long time.

But he needs support. He can't do it all by himself every game. Find one or two guys that could do the job with him. Moen, armstrong gtfo..

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Prust for Captain

Would make a good Captain.

Has traits that surpass Gorge's in my opinion.

Would make a memorable captain.

Toughness.

Skill.

Grit.

Bravery.

Work ethic.

Endurance.

Responsible.

Leader by example.

Listener.

Good guy in the room.

Habbybirthday is offline   Reply With Quote