HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The CH stands for Character! That's right, back in 1st place!

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Your comparison makes no sense whatsoever. Kharlamov did nothing to invite Clarke to slash his ankle, aside from playing well.

Emelin on the other hand did everything to invite some form of retribution (going after a star player with a cheap hit) and as such, should have to answer the bell. If he doesn't want to fight/can't fight, then he shouldn't be making dirty hits where guys are going to come around and make him answer for them. I have no idea how this point is being lost on some people.
I think people have lost touch with what is and isn't dirty.
Seguin was cutting through the middle, he got a crosscheck. It happens a million times a game, he just got unlucky as the stick made contact to an unprotected region. Seguin just got winded a bit, was perfectly fine on the next shift.

I don't think anybody here can call Emelin dirty. He hits hard, and does it clean. What's dirty Marchand putting a stick in Prust's face when he's down, even if it didn't inflict any damage, that's dirty.
A two handed crosscheck only gets called if it's from behind or to the face, or if you give 14 of them in a row to an opponent.

If what Emelin did was dirty, then every player in the league is dirty. Every single player in the league throws these crosschecks.

Not sure how this is merits retribution. Actually, I don't think it does. I don't even think the hit Thornton threw on PK from behind merits retribution. People are at a loss, it seems every single hit unless absolutely clean merits retribution, and even then, some still go after others for good solid hits. It's ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
He might think twice about it. No way he doesn't think about it at all.
I don't think he'll think twice about hitting. Maybe about dropping the gloves, but not hitting.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:33 AM
DenverHabsFan

How 'bout some love for Max? He plays huge in those games and I can't wait to see him in the playoffs.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:34 AM
skule123

Just saw that Joe Haggerty wrote a column celebrating the moral victory of the Bruins last night.

I love it when they sink into that (literal) loser's mindset, and I don't know if the press is echoing the team or the team is echoing the press, but I love that they are in lockstep on celebrating and making excuses and justifying and only finding external fault, no internal fault. I mean come on, our backup beat their starter - no wonder they don't want to talk about the actual hockey game!

Here's to many more Bruins moral victories to come, to their richly deserving team, media, and fans.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
I don't think Emelin wants to take another shot at Tyler Seguin and take a chance at ruining his career.
Right, I'm sure Emelin will just let Seguin skate through the middle and give up the blue line to him easily.
And then, Chara will also come see him in between whistles to tell him to get off the ice, go back to the locker room, remove his uniform and go polish Chara's shoes. Otherwise he will pound him again.

Fighting has never set any precedent. This is an old fairy tale. It made sense back in the days of no instigator rule. But now, you instigate, you end up with 17min and possibly losing the game because of it.

You might have a point with certain players, but I don't think Emelin will back up. Thornton already threaten him and Emelin responded with a ''I got my eyes on you'' hand signal. His game won't change.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:35 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't think he'll think twice about hitting. Maybe about dropping the gloves, but not hitting.
Emelin won't think twice about hitting but he'll definitely think twice about giving another cross-check again.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:37 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Right, I'm sure Emelin will just let Seguin skate through the middle and give up the blue line to him easily.
And then, Chara will also come see him in between whistles to tell him to get off the ice, go back to the locker room, remove his uniform and go polish Chara's shoes. Otherwise he will pound him again.

Fighting has never set any precedent. This is an old fairy tale. It made sense back in the days of no instigator rule. But now, you instigate, you end up with 17min and possibly losing the game because of it.

You might have a point with certain players, but I don't think Emelin will back up. Thornton already threaten him and Emelin responded with a ''I got my eyes on you'' hand signal. His game won't change.
I wasn't talking about not hitting... hitting is a part of the sport learn to read correctly. But I doubt Emelin gives another cross-check to Tyler Seguin.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Andy

Quote:
Emelin won't think twice about hitting but he'll definitely think twice about giving another cross-check again.
No he won't. It's Emelin.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:38 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
Did you guys hear Claude fatso Juliens comments after the game? Their organisation is a joke.
A joke, but with a recent cup. That has to count for something.

Great game guys, I really really hope we get to play in the playoffs again. Always such great series.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Im not sure but I wonder if Emelin would have fought if it was another Bruins than Chara, as crazy as it sounds. I have a feeling that he knew it was his chance to send Chara out of the game for a while so he decide to go.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Drunk World Order

Watched the game again this morning. Over the last couple of game Galchenyuk has looked a lil lazy and uninspired? Is it just me or anyone else see this too?

Old
03-04-2013, 10:40 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
No he won't. It's Emelin.
Well I don't think he wants another go with Chara.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Andy

Quote:
Well I don't think he wants another go with Chara.
it won't stop him.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:41 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk World Order View Post
Watched the game again this morning. Over the last couple of game Galchenyuk has looked a lil lazy and uninspired? Is it just me or anyone else see this too?
Did you watch Canadiens Express? Because if so I thought he looked good considering he was playing with 4th liners.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Andy

People are getting so worked up over a cross-check. What about McQuaid being butt-hurt and cross checking Desharnais after Pacioretty's goal when DD didn't even have the puck? How come that is not dirty?

Bruins fans are just messed up. Nothing is wrong until the other team does it.

Old
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Im not sure but I wonder if Emelin would have fought if it was another Bruins than Chara, as crazy as it sounds. I have a feeling that he knew it was his chance to send Chara out of the game for a while so he decide to go.
Absolutely. He doesn't waste his time fighting with Thornton.

Old
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
come on now. You're kidding right.

Wait...... You're kidding right???

Old
03-04-2013, 10:44 AM
sheed36

Great win last night but I was very disappointed with how Moen played.. He played 14:28 last night and had 0 hits against the Bruins. What the hell happened to this guy? He doesn't hit or scrap anymore.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Lions999

Quote:
He might be a little tired its been a busy season so far and he only played a few games last year. He`ll get his second soon...

Old
03-04-2013, 10:46 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
come on now. You're kidding right.

Wait...... You're kidding right???

Especially when playing the Bruins, Chara sent a message to him you don't touch Tyler Seguin and I don't think Emelin wants to fight him again. Stop being so simple-minded. If it had been a perfectly legal hit on Seguin Chara wouldn't have done anything but since it was a dirty cross-check to the ribs of your young player he had to do something to Emelin.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:49 AM
CN_paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Great win last night but I was very disappointed with how Moen played.. He played 14:28 last night and had 0 hits against the Bruins. What the hell happened to this guy? He doesn't hit or scrap anymore.
He's turned into a pvssy after his first year with our smurf team.

Old
skule123

This is honestly the Platonic ideal of Bruins "moral victory" columns, perhaps beyond parody.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-tal...battle-win-war

Just the headline is mind-boggling wrong, and yet no irony is intended.

Old
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Not lazy or uninspired. Maybe a little in over his head. These big games may be too much for him for now. He'll come around.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:51 AM
CN_paladin

Quote:
Especially when playing the Bruins, Chara sent a message to him you don't touch Tyler Seguin and I don't think Emelin wants to fight him again. Stop being so simple-minded. If it had been a perfectly legal hit on Seguin Chara wouldn't have done anything but since it was a dirty cross-check to the ribs of your young player he had to do something to Emelin.
What did the giraffe do after Thornton got beat up by Scott? Nothing so the big guy only acts tough against non fighters! Thus, we need a touch guy ASAP.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Help
Help Yourself

If anything, I think it'll be Chara who thinks twice. He cost his team the game. Honestly, I hope he didn't learn from it, I'd love to see him cost his team some more games, that'd be sweeeeeeeeet. We've been watching Emelin for a year and a half now, he doesn't get intimidated. He'll play his game, regardless of whether or not Chara, or McQuaid, or Thornton is on the ice. Having fighters deters some people from playing rough, but Emelin is not one of those people

Old
03-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I'd have no problem with what Chara did. Sticking up for a teammate. Yeah it cost him a penalty and maybe even the game but he sent a message not to mess with their young star players.
Did it send a message? You don't think Emelin will take a shot at Seguin next game if he gets a chance? I'm betting he will and then some.
Only message there is that he's willing to sell his team out for instant gratification.
You think Emelin wasn't thanking the hockey gods for his fortune after Chara tried to pound him?
Emelin was only mere inches away from getting a fist in a place he doesn't want to land. If the pissed off Chara actually landed a punch where the faceplate is, Emelin going to the ****ing hospital and spending time on IR.

The reality is that a lot of NHL players have short fuses and want vigilante retribution when they're pissed off. Colton Orr and Chara are just a couple of these guys. The ONLY sure form of protection is simply not pissing them off

Last edited by Madam Kadri: 03-04-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Closed Thread