HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Honest Question About Claude Julien & Bruins

Old
03-04-2013, 12:01 PM
MauditGreek*
Shhh, Be Careful!

vCash: 500
Honest Question About Claude Julien & Bruins

Look I have seen a lot of hockey in my life, I have played a lot of hockey in my life and I have seen a lot of things both in the sports world in in every day life.

Typically when someone is lying, cheating or doing something wrong they know it (whether they admit it or not) they know it.

So my question is this (pursuant to Claude Julien's post game interview following the Bruins loss to the Habs 4-3)

Does he truly believe what he is saying? The whole criticism of "diving" and that the game "should be played a certain way".

If this is simply posturing to get the refs on his side (as if the Bruins need help there) then fine. Good on him. But is he truly that ignorant or is he (and his club) simply the epitome of Hypocrisy?

Do John Stewart and Stephen Colbert have to make more video montages pointing out this blatant lying?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the rough style of play the Bruins employ, it is entertaining and make for a great team, but how can a coach or player look at themselves in the mirror after so blatantly lying and then claim to be "play the game the way it should be played"

I am baffled at this, no really I am baffled. How does the NHL allow this kind of lack of integrity to prevail in a sport played by men?

MauditGreek* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:07 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

He half believes it. If he truly believed it, he'd have dealt with Marchand's antics before speaking out first.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Out East

He either laughs back in the room with the team about it and tells them to "keep up the good work" with their own diving or he is possibly the most delusional man in the NHL and perhaps the whole sporting world.

Out East is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:07 PM
SeriousHabs

Yeah, Jon Stewart didn't make that video. It is fan made.

Claude Julien is a hockey coach. He isn't a scholar or an educated man. He cannot fully grasps the concepts of bias and hypocrisy. Do yourself a favor and a just start ignoring what uneducated hockey personnel have to say. They never have any constructive insight. ''They be divin' we neva dive hurr durr'' won't get you ahead in life.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Sthabs

he s just feeding the press some information they ll love to write on and sell newspaper while at the same time dodging the real questions and what really happened.
All is fine in Baboonss land, in the end it s funnier to bash the opponents than look at themselves in the mirror

Last edited by Sthabs: 03-04-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:09 PM
DJ Breadman

He was about to get blasted by the media for losing the game so he went on the offense against montreal, it's a smart move he takes the heat off himself and the media get their story so they are happy. total diversionary tatic

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Peace

Besides, whining will only make their fans more sad when we next meet and beat them again

Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Dr. Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Yeah, Jon Stewart didn't make that video. It is fan made.

Claude Julien is a hockey coach. He isn't a scholar or an educated man. He cannot fully grasps the concepts of bias and hypocrisy. Do yourself a favor and a just start ignoring what uneducated hockey personnel have to say. They never have any constructive insight. ''They be divin' we neva dive hurr durr'' won't get you ahead in life.
This is so true.
Why is Erik Cole speaking about retirement?
Why is PK Subban striking longer than any other?
Why are Pierre Gauthier and Bob Gainey still employed
And so many other questions find their awnsers in your 5 small lines.

Dr. Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:29 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

It's to take the heat off of his own neck and his own team. Good coaches and captains utilize their media presence for that it once in a while. What I don't get is that he goes out of his way to insult a single player and organization and the league doesn't tell him to pipe down. It seems like it will encourage lots of negativity between the organizations and the fans.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Bloumeister
RIP Jean Béliveau

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
He was about to get blasted by the media for losing the game so he went on the offense against montreal, it's a smart move he takes the heat off himself and the media get their story so they are happy. total diversionary tatic
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
It's to take the heat off of his own neck and his own team. Good coaches and captains utilize their media presence for that it once in a while.
And this.

Veterans, too. Remember Dr. Recchi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
What I don't get is that he goes out of his way to insult a single player and organization and the league doesn't tell him to pipe down. It seems like it will encourage lots of negativity between the organizations and the fans.
Julien boosted a whole fanbase's ego after it was deflated by losing to 'gutless diving Smurfs'. Do you seriously think that the NHL would do/say anything that would be picked up by Boston media as biased?

Bettman and Jacobs
Sitting in a tree...

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Bob Cole

Its part of their narrative down their in Bawston. If you hear it enough times, you start believing it.

Hacks like Edwards and fatso Hagerty are brainwashing the brainless masses down there.

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:41 PM
A1
Everything is awful

Where can I see julien's comments? I find it hilarious that he thinks the refs have anything to do with the outcome when there was 0 penalties called in the 3rd period when montreal was scoring two goals and winning the game.

A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:47 PM
smack66

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauditGreek View Post
Look I have seen a lot of hockey in my life, I have played a lot of hockey in my life and I have seen a lot of things both in the sports world in in every day life.

Typically when someone is lying, cheating or doing something wrong they know it (whether they admit it or not) they know it.

So my question is this (pursuant to Claude Julien's post game interview following the Bruins loss to the Habs 4-3)

Does he truly believe what he is saying? The whole criticism of "diving" and that the game "should be played a certain way".

If this is simply posturing to get the refs on his side (as if the Bruins need help there) then fine. Good on him. But is he truly that ignorant or is he (and his club) simply the epitome of Hypocrisy?

Do John Stewart and Stephen Colbert have to make more video montages pointing out this blatant lying?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the rough style of play the Bruins employ, it is entertaining and make for a great team, but how can a coach or player look at themselves in the mirror after so blatantly lying and then claim to be "play the game the way it should be played"

I am baffled at this, no really I am baffled. How does the NHL allow this kind of lack of integrity to prevail in a sport played by men?
I think he was truly upset that the Emelin hit on Seguin didnt get called and as a result Chara took 17 minutes worth of penalties. I also think it was bantering by a coach to try and get calls in the future.. no more, no less, I think many coaches have done similar post game rants

smack66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:51 PM
ChoseLa

I think it's a culture in Boston of whining after losses, the media does it (it's always the cheating Habs who are so dishonnest, only way to beat big Bruins), the players do it, the coach do it, even Chiarelli goes to the camera to pull at WTF comment once in a while. Always blaming the other and never taking responsabilities have paid them well though, could be a winning formula.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauditGreek View Post

Well the Bruins have always been this way, when they lose they cry. As much as one can criticize it it's also part of their success, they simply don't take kindly to defeat.

Yes the Bruins have won a cup but they also have lost playoffs series vs the Flyers and the Caps that they should of won and their defeatism played a big role. The day Chara won't be as good or retired this team will crumble unless they change their attitude because they will start to lose a lot more games.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:00 PM
ChoseLa

Milbury puting some sens in some agitated hooligan who can't take a loss, the attitude of the reporters is just unbelievable. To those who don't know about the Boston media, you might have a shock.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-tal...e-embellishing

CRAZY! I mean Benoit Brunet looks like Danny Dubé compared to those guys.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:12 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
This.

And this.

Veterans, too. Remember Dr. Recchi?

Julien boosted a whole fanbase's ego after it was deflated by losing to 'gutless diving Smurfs'. Do you seriously think that the NHL would do/say anything that would be picked up by Boston media as biased?

Bettman and Jacobs
Sitting in a tree...
Gary bends over and Jeremy does him for free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
Where can I see julien's comments? I find it hilarious that he thinks the refs have anything to do with the outcome when there was 0 penalties called in the 3rd period when montreal was scoring two goals and winning the game.
Go to Bleacher Report they quote Julien praising Chara for his attack on Emelin,after Seguin turtles like Emelin had stabbed him.Look at the hit in slow-motion, Emelin's completely extended for at least a second and Seguin avoids the hit and then collapses like a corpse.(talk about embellishment)Julien must be mad at Seguin but redirects his anger to the Habs.No mention of the metal plates in Emelin's face are made while the biggest retard (Chara)tries to punch his face in,which could have killed him not much different than the Pacioretty incident when he shoved his face into the turnbuckle at full force.Disgusting the way the referees are scared they may lose their jobs (Greg Campbell's Dad is the Head of Officiating)and (Boston owner Jacobs being the Chairman of the Owners)Conflicts of interest are so blatant it's beyond disgusting.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:15 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Honestly....The way the Bruins react to every loss, the unbelievable whining from EVERY player on that team, the ridiculous whining and hypocrisy from their coach...It has to be strategic somehow. There is no way they would be consistently reacting like this if it were not somehow on purpose.

I obviously don't understand the strategic implications behind it, but I'm convinced at this point that it is indeed a calculated reaction.

There is just no way, no way that a team would whine this much on a regular basis if it were not deliberate. It would be just...beyond disgusting if this is how they actually feel and what they actually believe. Disgusting and sad, I'd actually feel bad for these guys because it's indicative of some sort of abuse.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:18 PM
PKarey Plekoretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Milbury puting some sens in some agitated hooligan who can't take a loss, the attitude of the reporters is just unbelievable. To those who don't know about the Boston media, you might have a shock.

Wow... Milbury making sense, what is going on here?!

In all seriousness though, am I missing something about the so called PK embellshment? Just looked like he got hit to me. I guess if you can't stay on your feet in Boston then you're diving. It's not as if Thornton can't hit, I would wager a lot of guys would have went down if they got crushed from behind against the boards by a guy who can hit like that

My God, I can't think of a franchise in sports who does as much crying after a loss as the Bruins

PKarey Plekoretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:28 PM
roy munson
Bon voyage capitaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post

That guy in the middle Is he for real?!? He's on tv? No wonder Bruins fans are so clueless.

roy munson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:32 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
That guy in the middle Is he for real?!? He's on tv? No wonder Bruins fans are so clueless.
When Milbury is trying to bring reason into a conversation... you know you're in trouble?

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:54 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

You see it in the way the game is framed in that city, the hits-heavy ad spots and the bloodthirsty announcer, the bruins' is a culture of might makes right and that is the environment Julien works in so IMO he just gets swept up in it. So yeah he believes what he's saying no matter how irrational.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:01 PM
HatTricK09

We could switch our whole team with them, they'd still say the same.

It's my team > yours.

It's pointless to worry of what others think, they wont change their mind when it's already made.
Just take the win and move on to the next game

HatTricK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Habskrieg

Who the **** cares anymore what the Bruins and Julien keep whining about after games. It ain't anything new. We've seen this soo many times. And you know what, whether it's true or not. Julien will do all of the things he *****ed about in a game. And if he wins that game, he won't say a damned thing as well as not change the attitude in his players.

Let them cry wolf. Everyone's accustomed to it by now. Nobody really cares. Let them shame themselves. They don't display the "Big Bad Bruins" mentality that has supposedly soo much class and honor.

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Pandemic

Does anyone still have that gif from last season of Thornton diving after getting hit by Emelin? I'd love that right now.

Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote