HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks Goaltending

Old
03-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

vCash: 500
I'm wrong about a lot of things, but I'm glad Bowman shared my belief in Crawford.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:18 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Emerys numbers where worse last year then Craws. Your starter plays the majority of the games, its how it goes and Craw is this teams starter until he proves he can't handle it and Emery proves he can. Last year neither deserved it this year both do but Crawford still has the better numbers.

That’s no problem as long as Q doesn’t leave Emery idle to the point that he is out of game shape… and that’s what happened last season. It didn’t matter how badly CC faltered, all of our eggs were in one basket and Emery was not ready to compete. I have never had a problem with Emery, it was Q’s lack of confidence in him that irked me. I doubt that will be repeated in this compressed schedule – In fact, I think any team that doesn’t utilize their second goalie for a good 10 - 15 games this season is taking a significant risk of injury or fatigue. There’s just too much hockey to be played.

BobbyJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Cullksinikers

I think he has to get considerable Vezina consideration.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:25 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
If Crawford plays enough games, he probably will win the Vezina.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Cullksinikers

What's "enough" games? 30?

Old
03-04-2013, 12:34 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
What's "enough" games? 30?
That's about the over/under line. The lowest I can remember is Thomas' first one, which was 54. That equates to 31.6, so 32 games.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:59 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Pretty bold statement, and a tad premature, don't you think?

That said, Crawford has unquestionably looked real good on a consistent basis. Perhaps he’s been doing yoga or lost some weight or something…. one of the ops commentators stated that he has changed his pre-game preparation this season. Whatever it is that has him playing like this, the most impressive part to me has been his reading of plays and his lateral movement - both seem much improved. He illustrated that nicely in yesterday’s 3rd period. If he can play like that consistently, come playoff time, there’s no question in my mind we can compete for the SC.

Now, excuse me while I go knock on some wood

Old
03-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

if he plays like this for the next 26 games, Craw will win the vezina hands down. That's the truth.

do we have a YT of that great save from yesterday when he lifted his leg and gloved the puck?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:10 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
if he plays like this for the next 26 games, Craw will win the vezina hands down. That's the truth.

do we have a YT of that great save from yesterday when he lifted his leg and gloved the puck?
I'm sure somebody does. I know I'll never forget it. RE: Vezina, Crawford seems to be hitting his stride right now. He had like 6 straight scoreless periods before the goal, right? I know it is bold but this team is playing so well, it allows him to put up some ridiculous numbers and he's played so well and taken advantage of it. Could have given up 3 yesterday and I wouldn't have been mad at him.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Cullksinikers

Well, there's two guys in the race for the Vezina as far as I'm concerned. Those two are Craig Anderson and Corey Crawford.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:09 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

I think if Craig Anderson doesn't come back soon and Crawford stumbles a little that Rinne is still in the discussion too. Just going by memory right now though, not looking at any stat sheets.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:33 PM
madgoat33

lehtonen was playing real well too irc, but i think he's been injured for awhile

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:34 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
That’s no problem as long as Q doesn’t leave Emery idle to the point that he is out of game shape… and that’s what happened last season. It didn’t matter how badly CC faltered, all of our eggs were in one basket and Emery was not ready to compete. I have never had a problem with Emery, it was Q’s lack of confidence in him that irked me. I doubt that will be repeated in this compressed schedule – In fact, I think any team that doesn’t utilize their second goalie for a good 10 - 15 games this season is taking a significant risk of injury or fatigue. There’s just too much hockey to be played.
That's nonsense though, plenty of back-ups got a lot less games then Emery did and put up better numbers. Yes Crawford got the games he is the starter it's how it works and has worked for decades. Fact is Emery got chances and didn't capitalize, when he played he played horribly so Q went back to his starter, if Emery played as well last year as he has been this year Q would have stuck with him. Q has proven twice now he doesn't care about title or money but who deserves it, Niemi over Huet and Crawford over Turco.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:37 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Let's slow down about Crawfords Vezina candidacy, he is playing great but it's early, plus Emerys numbers hurt Crawford, showing the team play has a lot to do with it.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:30 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:

still nobody can give me the YT?

Old
03-05-2013, 07:24 AM
unbridledid

Quote:
So many games is so few days I don't think that will be an issue.

unbridledid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:16 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
lehtonen was playing real well too irc, but i think he's been injured for awhile
You can pretty much say this at any point during a season and be correct.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:03 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
That's nonsense though, plenty of back-ups got a lot less games then Emery did and put up better numbers. Yes Crawford got the games he is the starter it's how it works and has worked for decades. Fact is Emery got chances and didn't capitalize, when he played he played horribly so Q went back to his starter, if Emery played as well last year as he has been this year Q would have stuck with him. Q has proven twice now he doesn't care about title or money but who deserves it, Niemi over Huet and Crawford over Turco.

So are you trying to tell me that Crawford shouldn’t have been pulled in last years playoffs?

Fact is, Q couldn’t pull him even if he wanted to. He handcuffed himself into that situation and Crawford couldn’t get out of his funk. A funk that he had been in all year, ‘cept a few flashes of his old self later in the season. You may recall that Emery had a pretty good stint going only to be benched by Q who gambled that CC was the answer (despite his poor season). And the rest, as they say, is history. We had no business losing to that Yotes team and I’d venture to say that a game-shape Emery would have pulled us through. It was a helpless feeling watching it unfold.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:35 AM
ClydeLee

Quote:
So are you trying to tell me that Crawford shouldn’t have been pulled in last years playoffs?

Fact is, Q couldn’t pull him even if he wanted to. He handcuffed himself into that situation and Crawford couldn’t get out of his funk. A funk that he had been in all year, ‘cept a few flashes of his old self later in the season. You may recall that Emery had a pretty good stint going only to be benched by Q who gambled that CC was the answer (despite his poor season). And the rest, as they say, is history. We had no business losing to that Yotes team and I’d venture to say that a game-shape Emery would have pulled us through. It was a helpless feeling watching it unfold.
Yes, because I'm not pulling a Goalie out when it comes to OT. Most of those games until 6 he was playing well, and many of the goals in regulation weren't because of failures or mistakes on Crawford.. The OT goals were atrocious, but making a swap there would been foolish.

ClydeLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:44 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeLee View Post
Yes, because I'm not pulling a Goalie out when it comes to OT. Most of those games until 6 he was playing well, and many of the goals in regulation weren't because of failures or mistakes on Crawford.. The OT goals were atrocious, but making a swap there would been foolish.
When a guy loses half the series for you, you bench him. No matter who's going to be taking his place.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:51 AM
digdug41982

What difference does it make? The Hawks were hot garbage last year, lucky to have even made it to game 6.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Hawks outplayed the Yotes... calling it lucky to get a game 6 is not really the truth

Old
03-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Hawkaholic

All the games went to OT, except the last one. One could argue we could of swept PHX with a slightly better goalie, or had Crow not let in softies.

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:39 PM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
That would blow my mind

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:45 PM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
still nobody can give me the YT?
http://youtu.be/IajZu0xcpnA

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote