HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The CH stands for Character! That's right, back in 1st place!

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Rosso Scuderia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Especially when playing the Bruins, Chara sent a message to him you don't touch Tyler Seguin and I don't think Emelin wants to fight him again. Stop being so simple-minded. If it had been a perfectly legal hit on Seguin Chara wouldn't have done anything but since it was a dirty cross-check to the ribs of your young player he had to do something to Emelin.
Sorry to burst your bubble but you watch that play again, you will see that Emelin didn't need to fight Chara but he CHOSE to do so. So im pretty sure if Chara wants to sit in the box for at least 5 min again, Emelin would be glad to go with him.

You think because Chara fought Emelin means Emelin will never give crosscheck again? Are that innocent? Its not because Chara wants to send a message means that we are scared and wont do it again.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:57 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I think people have lost touch with what is and isn't dirty.
Seguin was cutting through the middle, he got a crosscheck. It happens a million times a game, he just got unlucky as the stick made contact to an unprotected region. Seguin just got winded a bit, was perfectly fine on the next shift.

I don't think anybody here can call Emelin dirty. He hits hard, and does it clean. What's dirty Marchand putting a stick in Prust's face when he's down, even if it didn't inflict any damage, that's dirty.
A two handed crosscheck only gets called if it's from behind or to the face, or if you give 14 of them in a row to an opponent.

If what Emelin did was dirty, then every player in the league is dirty. Every single player in the league throws these crosschecks.

Not sure how this is merits retribution. Actually, I don't think it does. I don't even think the hit Thornton threw on PK from behind merits retribution. People are at a loss, it seems every single hit unless absolutely clean merits retribution, and even then, some still go after others for good solid hits. It's ridiculous.

I don't think he'll think twice about hitting. Maybe about dropping the gloves, but not hitting.
I think you're really stretching your argument here. It doesn't matter what you or I think, all that matters is what the players on the ice think. Did you really think for a second the Bruins, of all teams, would let someone crosscheck Seguin when he was nowhere near the puck (and who, to them, appeared to be hurt) and let them get away with it scot-free? Really?

No matter how you try to shape it, it was a dirty hit. Or, at least, the Bruins felt it was. So Chara made Emelin answer for it. And if Emelin doesn't want to risk someone punching his face in, then he can't make hits like that. Not that complicated.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
If anything, I think it'll be Chara who thinks twice. He cost his team the game. Honestly, I hope he didn't learn from it, I'd love to see him cost his team some more games, that'd be sweeeeeeeeet. We've been watching Emelin for a year and a half now, he doesn't get intimidated. He'll play his game, regardless of whether or not Chara, or McQuaid, or Thornton is on the ice. Having fighters deters some people from playing rough, but Emelin is not one of those people
The hell? When Chara adds someone to his "revenge list", he whips out all the stops to hurt the guy. Pacioretty used to be on that list. Before the stanchion event, he gave Pacioretty a wicked crosscheck in that nutty brawl game.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Out East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akipa View Post
An article on the hypocrisy of the Bruins with some textbook examples of the Bruins diving.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/03/...boston-bruins/

Enjoy, Go Habs Go!
The most amazing thing in all this is that I think Julien actually believes himself...

Old
03-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Can't believe Milbury defended us as far as the embellishments are concerned against Felger and the oh so intelligent Dupont. When Milbury defends you for embellishments...you know that you didn't embellish anything.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't think he'll think twice about hitting. Maybe about dropping the gloves, but not hitting.
Cross checking Seguin isnt' a smart idea to begin with. I don't want to see this with Galchenyuk do you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk World Order View Post
Watched the game again this morning. Over the last couple of game Galchenyuk has looked a lil lazy and uninspired? Is it just me or anyone else see this too?
I haven't noticed him but I heard that we had him on with 4th liners... doesn't make sense to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
People are getting so worked up over a cross-check. What about McQuaid being butt-hurt and cross checking Desharnais after Pacioretty's goal when DD didn't even have the puck? How come that is not dirty?

Bruins fans are just messed up. Nothing is wrong until the other team does it.
This is true. The Bruins go crazy whenever one of their guys is hit and it's silly.

That being said, cross checking Seguin isn't smart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
If anything, I think it'll be Chara who thinks twice. He cost his team the game. Honestly, I hope he didn't learn from it, I'd love to see him cost his team some more games, that'd be sweeeeeeeeet. We've been watching Emelin for a year and a half now, he doesn't get intimidated. He'll play his game, regardless of whether or not Chara, or McQuaid, or Thornton is on the ice. Having fighters deters some people from playing rough, but Emelin is not one of those people
Chara knew what he was doing. He sent the message.

If the roles had been reversed with Marchand cross checking Galchenyuk and Prust going after him, we'd all be fine with it. You've got to stick up for your star players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
You think Emelin wasn't thanking the hockey gods for his fortune after Chara tried to pound him?
Emelin was only mere inches away from getting a fist in a place he doesn't want to land. If the pissed off Chara actually landed a punch where the faceplate is, Emelin going to the ****ing hospital and spending time on IR.

The reality is that a lot of NHL players have short fuses and want vigilante retribution when they're pissed off. Colton Orr and Chara are just a couple of these guys. The ONLY sure form of protection is simply not pissing them off
I think that as hard as it is not to retaliate with all the B's crap, that's what you have to do. We have to play our game and not theirs.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Can't believe Milbury defended us as far as the embellishments are concerned against Felger and the oh so intelligent Dupont. When Milbury defends you for embellishments...you know that you didn't embellish anything.
Where is this segment or article?

Old
03-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Drunk World Order

Quote:
Not lazy or uninspired. Maybe a little in over his head. These big games may be too much for him for now. He'll come around.
I'm sure he will he's gonna be a good one! Maybe its just me as Gallagher is so involved and playing so intense and inspired? ...We will always compare the two kids. Were definatley going in the right direction.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Plante

The best part is Ruins fans think that they're team is so physical that the poor habs just won't be able to take enough punishment to stay alive in a 7 game series

They seem to think the Habs played their a game and what they saw is all we have to bring to the table.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Schwang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
People are getting so worked up over a cross-check. What about McQuaid being butt-hurt and cross checking Desharnais after Pacioretty's goal when DD didn't even have the puck? How come that is not dirty?

Bruins fans are just messed up. Nothing is wrong until the other team does it.
Totally agree! Juliens comments were idiotic. Chara attacked Emelin! How did he expect they would get a power play after that? Chara got what he deserved. He lost it and he got penalized. Imagine the penalties we would have taken if our guys jumped a Bruin evertime Gally got hit! Poor Seguin! Gally is smaller and took a pounding every shift. That is a fact.

I couldnt believe the cross checks and high sticks the Bruins got away with! Right after the DD winner, i forget what defenceman it was, spun around and swung his stick over his head and almost nailed DD! Even though he didnt make contact, there shouldve been some kind of call. If that had hit him in the head, that couldve ended his career. Dirty, dirty team. I was cringing everytime someone went in the corners.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:07 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-tal...e-embellishing

Old
03-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

I think that as hard as it is not to retaliate with all the B's crap, that's what you have to do. We have to play our game and not theirs.
I was responding to loudi94 but the quote tag was broken when I quoted the post.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:08 AM
ScottFC

[QUOTE=Prallchengher;60935051]
Quote:
You think Emelin wasn't thanking the hockey gods for his fortune after Chara tried to pound him?
Emelin was only mere inches away from getting a fist in a place he doesn't want to land. If the pissed off Chara actually landed a punch where the faceplate is, Emelin going to the ****ing hospital and spending time on IR.

The reality is that a lot of NHL players have short fuses and want vigilante retribution when they're pissed off. Colton Orr and Chara are just a couple of these guys. The ONLY sure form of protection is simply not pissing them off
I really don't think Emelin gives a ?&%!, he probably hopes it happens again as that was one of the biggest reasons we won the game.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I think you're really stretching your argument here. It doesn't matter what you or I think, all that matters is what the players on the ice think. Did you really think for a second the Bruins, of all teams, would let someone crosscheck Seguin when he was nowhere near the puck (and who, to them, appeared to be hurt) and let them get away with it scot-free? Really?

No matter how you try to shape it, it was a dirty hit. Or, at least, the Bruins felt it was. So Chara made Emelin answer for it. And if Emelin doesn't want to risk someone punching his face in, then he can't make hits like that. Not that complicated.
Cant believe you're saying this. First of all, like Kriss said, crosscheck like that happens 20 times again. Its pretty easy to fall on the ice, pretending to be injured after each crosscheck. Emelin won't give a **** about what other player think of him, he wont change his game. Malone and Thorthon tried to intimidate him before, he did not give a ****.

I dont think Emelin's crosscheck was hard let alone dirty. Like I said earlier, if it was a blatant dirty crosscheck, the Bruins bench would have reacted immediately but they only reacted after Seguin was laying on the ice.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Out East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-tal...e-embellishing

Old
03-04-2013, 11:13 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Cant believe you're saying this. First of all, like Kriss said, crosscheck like that happens 20 times again. Its pretty easy to fall on the ice, pretending to be injured after each crosscheck. Emelin won't give a **** about what other player think of him, he wont change his game. Malone and Thorthon tried to intimidate him before, he did not give a ****.

I dont think Emelin's crosscheck was hard let alone dirty. Like I said earlier, if it was a blatant dirty crosscheck, the Bruins bench would have reacted immediately but they only reacted after Seguin was laying on the ice.
You said Emelin wouldn't mind to go with Chara again... I beg to differ, Had Chara connected just one good punch it could've ruined Emelin's career I guarantee you his coaches and doctors don't want him to fight with Chara ever again.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:16 AM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post

he said the truth. It was dirty and he paid the price. Move on. Fedoruk did have metal plate too and nobody didn't give a **** about that. The guy continued to drop the glove.....

Old
03-04-2013, 11:21 AM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plante View Post
The best part is Ruins fans think that they're team is so physical that the poor habs just won't be able to take enough punishment to stay alive in a 7 game series

They seem to think the Habs played their a game and what they saw is all we have to bring to the table.
That's so ridiculous considering we were one goal away from preventing their dirty cup run AND with some key players missing. If anything, they should be most concerned about meeting us in the playoffs and show some respect.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Lions999

Emelin is the type of player that won`t forget, Chara better keep your head up.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
A joke, but with a recent cup. That has to count for something.

Great game guys, I really really hope we get to play in the playoffs again. Always such great series.
The Bruins won a Cup fair and square, in a series filled with antics. But that's hockey in 2011 as it is now, as it was last night. The issue from the Habs POV is you can't freeze-frame one moment to characterize the other team and ignore the thousands of moments that say the same thing about your team. It's childish and plain wrong.

There's nothing wrong with your organization as a whole or a good O6 rivalry. And there's nothing whatsoever wrong with some friendly trash-talk between our fan bases. But the stuff on the Bruins board, the hate, the wish for punishment, the drooling lust for hitting and hurting and - yes - even injuring other players, borders on something that's deeply disturbing.

Your olive branch is appreciated. Thanks dude!

Old
03-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
You said Emelin wouldn't mind to go with Chara again... I beg to differ, Had Chara connected just one good punch it could've ruined Emelin's career I guarantee you his coaches and doctors don't want him to fight with Chara ever again.
What did you not understand about Emelin ACCEPTING Chara's invitation. Emelin agreed to fight Chara if he is scared, he could have stayed down and it would have been over. 2 minutes roughing for Chara, thats it. Emelin got up started throwing punch at Chara and they started fighting. That gave Chara an additional 15 min in the box. True that it was a risky decision by Emelin but he did it for the team and im sure his teammates gives him respect for that. One might say Chara gains respect for defending a teammate, I say Emelin deserves tons of respect for risking his career by accepting to fight Chara to help team win.

Also, watch the replay, I hate Chara with passion but he didnt pound on Emelin while he was down, he actually wait for Emelin to get up and make sure if he wants to fight before throwing punch.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:39 AM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

Damn. I never had you pegged as a Bruins apologist.

Good to know.

Great post Kriss E!!

Old
03-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Calling that a dirty hit is ridiculous. Seguin drew Chara into the fray by embellishing and giving Chara the impression he was injured. If anyone should be reconsidering their actions it's Seguin.

Chara was doing what he thought he should do. Emelin was under the skin of a key player. Good stuff in my opinion. Seguin is the lead actor playing the role of Ribeiro in this great Bruins tragedy.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Where does this fallacy of only certain teams/players embellishing calls?

EVERY single player, on EVERY single team embellishes calls...

Old
03-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Where does this fallacy of only certain teams/players embellishing calls?

EVERY single player, on EVERY single team embellishes calls...
I know. I keep saying it to our favorite enemy board. But they love to believe that. Just that some of us love to believe that they are solely a team filled with goons. Not sure anybody is right here.

Closed Thread