HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The CH stands for Character! That's right, back in 1st place!

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Madevilz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions999 View Post
Emelin is the type of player that won`t forget, Chara better keep your head up.
srs? Even with his head down, that would be considered "up" for anyone.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
No he won't. It's Emelin.
If people followed Emelin's international and KHL antics, they would know that Emelin IS toning down his play. The guy drew comparisons to Darius Kasparaitis for a reason.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Peace

Emelin's the one who dropped them first when you look at the video. He didnt like Chara charging him. Chara probably invited him tho.You clearly dont want to fight Chara, even more so if you have metal plates in your face. Emelin didnt back down. Chara got very aggressive tho...the guy must know by now that nobody in this league can really retaliate to his brain cramps without getting beaten down severly.

The guy is dangerous sometimes...

Old
03-04-2013, 12:47 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Cant believe you're saying this. First of all, like Kriss said, crosscheck like that happens 20 times again. Its pretty easy to fall on the ice, pretending to be injured after each crosscheck. Emelin won't give a **** about what other player think of him, he wont change his game. Malone and Thorthon tried to intimidate him before, he did not give a ****.

I dont think Emelin's crosscheck was hard let alone dirty. Like I said earlier, if it was a blatant dirty crosscheck, the Bruins bench would have reacted immediately but they only reacted after Seguin was laying on the ice.
For the zillionth time, it doesn't matter what you thought of the hit. The Bruins thought it was dirty, so the Bruins responded. I don't have much of a problem with Emelin throwing hits like that - I'd prefer him to play close to the line and overstep it a few times than to play completely neutered. But people on this board shouldn't be shocked when he's forced to answer for those hits, regardless of how you dirty you think they were. And no, the "but he has a plate in his face!!!" excuse doesn't matter either. You think the Bruins are going to give him a free pass to drill Seguin because he had facial surgery? That's my entire point here. No, of course not, and it would be ridiculous to expect them to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Damn. I never had you pegged as a Bruins apologist.

Good to know.

Great post Kriss E!!
Judging from your posts about Ryan White the last few weeks, there should be no bigger fan of Chara's actions last night than yourself. Do we agree?

Old
03-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Cross checking Seguin isnt' a smart idea to begin with. I don't want to see this with Galchenyuk do you?
It may not be "nice" to commit fouls against opposing players... but smart... well, it actually might be smart. The response in this case was a nearly perfect result for the Habs. We *know* the hive mind of the B's by now, they will switch to rage mode when provoked, and when they do that, it just increases our chances of winning. Yes, so perhaps Emelin, or even Galchenyuk, have to endure some "retribution". But as long as our team doesn't get off its game, and it takes the B's off theirs, then it probably is smart to just keep prodding them like this sometimes. And all I'm saying is go ahead with 2-minute-infraction level stuff like this little crosscheck. Or Gallagher can brush Rask. Subban can yap at Horton. Etc. Not stuff that really hurts anybody. But stuff that can potentially trigger the B's rage mode all the same.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:49 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
For the zillionth time, it doesn't matter what you thought of the hit. The Bruins thought it was dirty, so the Bruins responded. I don't have much of a problem with Emelin throwing hits like that - but people on this board shouldn't be shocked when he's forced to answer for them, regardless of how you dirty you think they were. And no, the "but he has a plate in his face!!!" excuse doesn't matter either. You think the Bruins are going to give him a free pass to drill Seguin because he had facial surgery? That's my entire point here.

Judging from your posts about Ryan White the last few weeks, there should be no bigger fan of Chara's actions last night than yourself. Do we agree?
You can justify what anyone on the Bruins does during a game.

As for me, I'm a Habs fan.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:51 PM
lesHabitants514

Julien should call out some of his players instead....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WigPio6Wk7Y

Old
03-04-2013, 12:51 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
You can justify what anyone on the Bruins do during a game.

As for me, I'm a Habs fan.
If you're going to trumpet your convictions with such force, at least stand behind them when you get called on it. It'd be a little less embarassing.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesHabitants514 View Post
Julien should call out some of his players instead....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WigPio6Wk7Y
Julien is a ****ing baby and fits perfectly what that city is all about when they lose. I'm a fan of the Patriots and Belicheck is exactly the same and when we lose he does that as well, ignoring the media and making stuff up. It's just how they roll in that city, sore losers they have always been. Bruins, Red Sox, Patriots and Celtics

Old
03-04-2013, 12:54 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs
Zdeno Chara was asked if he knew that Alexei Emelin had a protective plate in his head when he fought: "No. I didn't." #BruinsTalk

Milan Lucic asked if Chara should know Emelin has a plate in his face: "No. If he's that worried about it he should wear a cage all year"

Old
03-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Zdeno Chara was asked if he knew that Alexei Emelin had a protective plate in his head when he fought: "No. I didn't." #BruinsTalk

Milan Lucic asked if Chara should know Emelin has a plate in his face: "No. If he's that worried about it he should wear a cage all year"
Because no one has ever lied before...

Old
03-04-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:

I don't think anyone needs to worry about Emelin having a plate in his face...he's a player, if he laces them up, he's opening himself up to perhaps having to drop the gloves, especially with his style

But why Chara felt the need to abandon the play and attack Emelin because he cross checked Seguin?

Come on...Chara's wires crossed and saw a guy he could go ragdoll so he went after him.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:57 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:

Chara and Lucic should be IN cages. Gorillas are a danger to society.

03-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Peace

What I dont like about Boston is, they are probably the best team in the East...yet they still whine when they lose Fair and Square. Grow up Julien.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Calling that a dirty hit is ridiculous. Seguin drew Chara into the fray by embellishing and giving Chara the impression he was injured. If anyone should be reconsidering their actions it's Seguin.

Chara was doing what he thought he should do. Emelin was under the skin of a key player. Good stuff in my opinion. Seguin is the lead actor playing the role of Ribeiro in this great Bruins tragedy.
This. Seguin sold it for sure.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:59 PM
CaptainBenn
The king is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Chara and Lucic should be IN cages. Gorillas are a danger to society.
Lololol

Old
03-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Et le But

Quote:
For the zillionth time, it doesn't matter what you thought of the hit. The Bruins thought it was dirty, so the Bruins responded. I don't have much of a problem with Emelin throwing hits like that - I'd prefer him to play close to the line and overstep it a few times than to play completely neutered. But people on this board shouldn't be shocked when he's forced to answer for those hits, regardless of how you dirty you think they were. And no, the "but he has a plate in his face!!!" excuse doesn't matter either. You think the Bruins are going to give him a free pass to drill Seguin because he had facial surgery? That's my entire point here. No, of course not, and it would be ridiculous to expect them to.
On one hand, I agree that when you make a hit that could even be perceived as dirty, you should expect retaliation. Now I think players go over the top over this, and far too often goons that are desperate to keep their jobs or a team like the Bruins will respond to every single hit like that. I thought Emelin's hit was a penalty but not particularly vicious, but I'm biased as we all are.

On the other hand, Chara is an opportunist. For much worse hits than that he stood back and let someone like Thornton fight. He could have just as easily responded but hitting Emelin back in his next shift or threatened him instead of charging him.

Emelin deserves credit though, by standing up to Chara he made a statement that he will play his game and accept the consequences.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:01 PM
AllanMTL46

The funny thing is that the Bruins' fans really believe in the sh** they're saying. They truly believe they play clean . Funny stuff. Anyway, it's not like I gave a sh** about what these idiots think.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanMTL46 View Post
The funny thing is that the Bruins' fans really believe in the sh** they're saying. They truly believe they play clean . Funny stuff. Anyway, it's not like I gave a sh** about what these idiots think.
They listen to Edwards and Felger 24/7, they're brainwashed

Old
03-04-2013, 01:03 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
On one hand, I agree that when you make a hit that could even be perceived as dirty, you should expect retaliation. Now I think players go over the top over this, and far too often goons that are desperate to keep their jobs or a team like the Bruins will respond to every single hit like that. I thought Emelin's hit was a penalty but not particularly vicious, but I'm biased as we all are.

On the other hand, Chara is an opportunist. For much worse hits than that he stood back and let someone like Thornton fight. He could have just as easily responded but hitting Emelin back in his next shift or threatened him instead of charging him.

Emelin deserves credit though, by standing up to Chara he made a statement that he will play his game and accept the consequences.
Fair point, but does it really matter if it was Thornton or Chara who jumped Emelin, in the context of the discussion?

The ironic thing is that so many people here are condemning Chara and calling Thornton and Lucic names for playing the exact same way they wish the Habs played. Can't have it both ways.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:09 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Can't believe Milbury defended us as far as the embellishments are concerned against Felger and the oh so intelligent Dupont. When Milbury defends you for embellishments...you know that you didn't embellish anything.
what I find so amusing is that they keep calling out PK on that Thornton hit. What I saw was PK get hit from behind, fall down and get up. Where the eff was the supposed embellishment?

Meanwhile dbag Marchand is waving his stick in Prust's face

God the Bruins are a bunch of whiny babies

Old
03-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
Because no one has ever lied before...
Chara didn't even know Emelin was on the ice.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:

Im not shocked that hes was forced to answer for his hits. I dont even think he was a victim here. Like I said, he accepted Chara's invitation so it was his choice to fight Chara did not technicAlly jumped him. Chara actually wait for Emelin to engage before throwing punch.

I also dont care that Chara knew or didnt know that Emelin has metal plate on his face. Its not his business. If Emelin wants to risk injury and wants to fight, i dont see why Chara would not fight him.

Anyways, for me, even though I understand his intentions, Chara made a mistake by instergating Emelin that put him out for almost a period. Yes he probably gained respect from his teammates but it cost his team the game. Meanwhile, Emelin also gained ton of respect from his teammates as well by fighting the biggest guy in the league... And with metal plates on his face. That changed the game and we end up winning it.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:22 PM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:

The ironic thing is that so many people here are condemning Chara and calling Thornton and Lucic names for playing the exact same way they wish the Habs played. Can't have it both ways.
I'm not as pissed about the way Lucic and Chara played. While Seguin likely sold the hit (or had a miraculous recovery that allowed him to not miss a shift), I like what Chara did because he at least stood up for his team. Who doesn't want a captain that is willing to face the consequences in order to stick up for his team? If Prust was our captain and someone came and did something like that to Chucky, you damn well we would hope Prust wouldn't just pull a Dion and stand there looking like a complete tool. While I hate diving and embellishment, both teams are guilty of it from time to time. It happens more often then any of us would want it to. But I want fight out of my captain, and from my team. This to me is completely different than gooning it up, like what Marchand did with the stick in the face, or the push of Subban into the net. That is just bush league

Old
03-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Chara made a mistake by instergating Emelin .
Is that even legal in Boston??? Sounds so wrong!

Closed Thread