HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Sports Radio/Television Thread Part IX-

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-01-2013, 08:43 PM
  #1
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards
 
TP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 7th Circle of Hell
Country: United States
Posts: 21,916
vCash: 500
Official Sports Radio/Television Thread Part IX-

Continue here.

Part VIII - http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1284221

TP is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 09:16 AM
  #2
MattFromFranklin
Registered User
 
MattFromFranklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Franklin, MA
Posts: 911
vCash: 500
Great stuff this morning on 98.5. Rick from Natick, the "Marshmont" guy just called in and made some good points about the PP. Goucher and Beers have thrown out Clowe, Morrow and Prospal as names the B's could potentially go after.

MattFromFranklin is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 09:47 AM
  #3
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards
 
TP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 7th Circle of Hell
Country: United States
Posts: 21,916
vCash: 500
I could listen to the hockey show 24x7.

Gouch and Beers are awesome.

TP is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:04 AM
  #4
bigtimehockeyfan999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 972
vCash: 500
98.5 boston

im just wondering if anyone could tell me where i could listen to this online...i cant seem to find a link..im on their website and it just seems to be a schedule of the programming but no accuall link to it thanks

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:05 AM
  #5
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 24,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
im just wondering if anyone could tell me where i could listen to this online...i cant seem to find a link..im on their website and it just seems to be a schedule of the programming but no accuall link to it thanks
I don't think you can stream it if you're not in the US...

LSCII is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:06 AM
  #6
CamTheMan
Registered User
 
CamTheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
im just wondering if anyone could tell me where i could listen to this online...i cant seem to find a link..im on their website and it just seems to be a schedule of the programming but no accuall link to it thanks
You got an Android phone or tablet? If so get TuneIn app. It is in there and can be streamed.

CamTheMan is online now  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:11 AM
  #7
bigtimehockeyfan999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 972
vCash: 500
actually just found it..thanks though

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:17 AM
  #8
mdonova33
Registered User
 
mdonova33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
Great stuff this morning on 98.5. Rick from Natick, the "Marshmont" guy just called in and made some good points about the PP. Goucher and Beers have thrown out Clowe, Morrow and Prospal as names the B's could potentially go after.
Not sure why, but I could definitely see Clowe in a B's uniform...

mdonova33 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:21 AM
  #9
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,290
vCash: 50
Adolfo getting punched during the recap was hilarious.

Shaun is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:27 AM
  #10
MattFromFranklin
Registered User
 
MattFromFranklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Franklin, MA
Posts: 911
vCash: 500
Just turned on 98.5. McAdam is on the mid day and they're talking Bruins. They're battling a Habs fan right now.


Last edited by MattFromFranklin: 03-04-2013 at 11:33 AM.
MattFromFranklin is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:42 AM
  #11
Hnidy Hnight
Registered User
 
Hnidy Hnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North of Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
Just turned on 98.5. McAdam is on the mid day and they're talking Bruins. They're battling a Habs fan right now.
McAdam is an encyclopedia. Maybe most knowledgeable local media guy

Hnidy Hnight is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:46 AM
  #12
Numbah4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,059
vCash: 500
I'm sure Felger at 2p will have a classic anti-Habs rant. Getcha popcorn ready

Numbah4 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:47 AM
  #13
hoss75
Registered User
 
hoss75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cambridge, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Adolfo getting punched during the recap was hilarious.
I met Adolfo last Thursday. He really needs to introduce himself before he starts talking to people cause he gives off an odd vibe. Before someone told me who he was I wasn't sure that the hell the guy wanted or why he was talking to me.
Seems nice enough though.

hoss75 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:51 AM
  #14
Daniel Plainview
Registered User
 
Daniel Plainview's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dracut MA
Country: United States
Posts: 998
vCash: 500
I came away from last nights game with no real lingering issues with what anyone on either team did. We lost a regular season game. That's all

But I knew guys like Marinaro would be all over this, with his creepy/weird brand of crapertainment radio. And I knew someone like Gresh wouldn't be able to resist reacting like a ******** 12 year old

Felger will be his normal, moronic self in about an hour as well. It's gotten so exaggerated and ridiculous on both sides, but it won't end, because it caters to the dumbest among us, who eat it up. And unfortunately there are quite a few people like that on both sides of this thing

They type of fans that will call out P.K Subban for being a weasily instigator and diver, but defend Marchand for doing the exact same crap. Or just flip it around and you have the Montreal version of the same moron

Daniel Plainview is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:51 AM
  #15
MattFromFranklin
Registered User
 
MattFromFranklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Franklin, MA
Posts: 911
vCash: 500
Anyone catch the battle between Gresh and McAdam and Mike the Habs fan?

MattFromFranklin is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:56 AM
  #16
Daniel Plainview
Registered User
 
Daniel Plainview's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dracut MA
Country: United States
Posts: 998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
Anyone catch the battle between Gresh and McAdam and Mike the Habs fan?
The "How's it feel" guy?

I did. That was actually pretty funny, because by the end they were pretty much agreeing with each other. But it started out with both he and Gresh sounding like total morons

Daniel Plainview is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:04 PM
  #17
paree87
Registered User
 
paree87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
im just wondering if anyone could tell me where i could listen to this online...i cant seem to find a link..im on their website and it just seems to be a schedule of the programming but no accuall link to it thanks
98.5 is streamed through radio.com or cbsboston.com

paree87 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:30 PM
  #18
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,953
vCash: 500
I'm working from home today, and there's a segment on SportsCenter right now pitting Barry Melrose (hockey, Blackhawks streak) against Stephen A Smith (basketball, Miami streak).

I think my head just exploded.

Kate08 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:31 PM
  #19
chuckdobbins
Moderator
 
chuckdobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,465
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Plainview View Post
I came away from last nights game with no real lingering issues with what anyone on either team did. We lost a regular season game. That's all

But I knew guys like Marinaro would be all over this, with his creepy/weird brand of crapertainment radio. And I knew someone like Gresh wouldn't be able to resist reacting like a ******** 12 year old

Felger will be his normal, moronic self in about an hour as well. It's gotten so exaggerated and ridiculous on both sides, but it won't end, because it caters to the dumbest among us, who eat it up. And unfortunately there are quite a few people like that on both sides of this thing

They type of fans that will call out P.K Subban for being a weasily instigator and diver, but defend Marchand for doing the exact same crap. Or just flip it around and you have the Montreal version of the same moron
Talk radio on days like this is unlistenable drivel. You summed up all personalities perfectly. The problem is that the knowledgeable opinions aren't ever really heard because they're not the entertaining opinions.

chuckdobbins is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 01:45 PM
  #20
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,290
vCash: 50
I wonder if F&M going to spend 3 weeks on Bruins free agency like they are right now about NFL free agency?

Shaun is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 01:48 PM
  #21
chuckdobbins
Moderator
 
chuckdobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,465
vCash: 50
20 minutes, tops. "They have all the money to spend, plus Savard's money and they never use it. There's no excuse not to go out and trade for ::insert sexy names x y and z here::."

chuckdobbins is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 03:03 PM
  #22
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,290
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
20 minutes, tops. "They have all the money to spend, plus Savard's money and they never use it. There's no excuse not to go out and trade for ::insert sexy names x y and z here::."
true




NHL Network ‏@NHLNetwork
Patrice Bergeron will join Cisco NHL Live today. Show starts at 5ET. @NHLBruins

Shaun is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 03:43 PM
  #23
MattFromFranklin
Registered User
 
MattFromFranklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Franklin, MA
Posts: 911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I wonder if F&M going to spend 3 weeks on Bruins free agency like they are right now about NFL free agency?
Ha! Was just thinking about that.

MattFromFranklin is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 04:22 PM
  #24
GordonHowe
Registered User
 
GordonHowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dorchester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
McAdam is an encyclopedia. Maybe most knowledgeable local media guy
I actually tuned in because I wanted to hear Sean, and because Bob Beers appeared in the eleven o'clock hour.

Apologies for a tired bash but aside from WBZ's Bradley Jay (sic), Andy Gresh is *the absolute worst radio host I have ever encountered.* Utterly, utterly excruciating. I kept switching the channel when he talked, a futile effort since as the show's "facilitator," he did most of the talking. I listened to Bob and that was it.

Honestly don't know how anyone could listen to the program for more than a couple of minutes. His behavior toward that MTL fan was asinine & embarrassing to the hockey fans of Boston. A five year old could have done better.

GordonHowe is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 11:38 AM
  #25
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,290
vCash: 50
I tried to power through Gresh's voice because McAdam was on and they wear talking to Heyman and Farrell but I couldn't do it.

Shaun is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.