HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Post Game & 3 Stars : 3/3 : CHI @ DET

View Poll Results: 3 Stars
Howard 37 80.43%
Crawford 32 69.57%
Tatar 27 58.70%
Ericsson 5 10.87%
Kronwall 2 4.35%
Quincey 6 13.04%
Lashoff 3 6.52%
Smith 4 8.70%
Eaves 2 4.35%
Datsyuk 3 6.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Harnessed in Slums

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
Crawford
Kane- those freaking hands!
Howard

Both goalies were great, and made some huge saves. Thought Detroit got outplayed badly for most of the first 40 mins, then owned the 3rd until late (obviously).

The team still turns the puck over way too much. Z had a bad turnover before Kronwall took his delay of game penalty, and in general he seems to be struggling a little lately. He certainly has been looser with the puck in Detroit's zone, which is the last thing that defense needs.

Funny to see Tatar's goal earn him a seat on the bench- good call, Babs! Don't play the kid much at all, he still makes the most of his limited IT, and then he doesn't get a shift in OT when the ice is more open. I would say that's unbelievable, but it's just Babs being Babs.

Wonder if Holland appreciates being booed by the crowd every time Hossa touches the puck in the Joe? Seems mean-spirited by the peeps if you ask me... agree with the sentiment, though.
Same 3 stars for me as well. No Kane so I had to vote for Ericsson. Pretty funny how much hate there is for #52 considering he's been our best d-man thus far. 1.00 GAA at even strength over the past 6 games. He also leads all of our d-men in scoring at even strength.

Ericsson sucks!

Harnessed in Slums is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:47 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

I missed the game. How'd Emmerton play? He had over 15 minutes today.

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
He played pretty solid, nothing spectacular. I think he has improved quite a bit at killing penalties however.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:56 PM
octopi

vCash: 703
I really wish the Wings knew they can score between 1-8 goals each game. It's not either only score one or score eight. Because seriously, how many games this season is this now with only one goal scored in regulation now?

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Syckle78

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
I really wish the Wings knew they can score between 1-8 goals each game. It's not either only score one or score eight. Because seriously, how many games this season is this now with only one goal scored in regulation now?
See the problem is its a team full of gentleman. These kind hearted gents don't want to score to much as to not make Cleary and Abdelkader feel inadequate about their lack of ability to finish or start or really do much of anything.

Syckle78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
He played pretty solid, nothing spectacular. I think he has improved quite a bit at killing penalties however.
He had a couple real rough shifts where he was outmatched and made some turnovers and bad decisions. Other than that, he was pretty good. A hell lot better than Cleary.

Vladdy84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:22 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

I really wanna say Tatar should play with Datsyuk but Tatar-Andersson-Eaves has been our best line recently.

Such a frustrating loss. I knew the game was over as soon as E flipped that puck over the glass.

Big Poppa Puck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:25 PM
redwings85
In Ozzie I trust.

Crawford
Howard
Tatar

HM: Ericsson, Quincey

Lot's of the blame game going on here today, it's getting to be above and beyond, and wow... lots of salty tears.

Wings started off slow, but picked it up, and played a solid game, I really enjoyed the intensity of the game, felt like a game 7 playoff game.

P.S. I really hate the style of Kane's shootout... irks me everytime I see him do it. Even if he was a Red Wings, I'd still hate it.

redwings85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:51 PM
P U L L H A R D
#shewenttoharvard

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwings85 View Post
Crawford
Howard
Tatar

Lot's of the blame game going on here today, it's getting to be above and beyond, and wow... lots of salty tears.

Wings started off slow, but picked it up, and played a solid game, I really enjoyed the intensity of the game, felt like a game 7 playoff game.

P.S. I really hate the style of Kane's shootout... irks me everytime I see him do it. Even if he was a Red Wings, I'd still hate it.
Me too. Briere does it as well. And I think Bertuzzi does it also (might be because he is actually just slow). But Kane and Briere could score if they went normal/full speed, they are great skill players. No need to trivialize an already iffy way to decide a game. It cheapens the whole game for me.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwings85 View Post
Crawford
Howard
Tatar

I know people from Buffalo who played against Kane when they were growing up. It's pretty unanimous the guy is a huge ******.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:59 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

I kind of agree with the whole Kane shootout thing. I'm not losing any sleep over it but like someone said, it trivializes the shootout even more. There's nothing you can really do though.

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 09:48 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
I know people from Buffalo who played against Kane when they were growing up. It's pretty unanimous the guy is a huge ******.
When I played for Honeybaked I played under an assistant who coached Kane q little bit. Nobody liked him even when he was growing up. With London after his draft day he took a large portion of his team out to dinner at an expensive restaurant with the obvious assumption he was paying. Kane paid his and dipped early, leaving OHL players with a huge bill.

Very few people like Kane.

Last edited by CloneHakanPlease*: 03-04-2013 at 02:51 AM.
CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:22 AM
wsoxfan1214

Just curious - what about his attempt irks you guys?

wsoxfan1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:05 AM
Sameheda

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsoxfan1214 View Post
Skating in like you're pretty much walking in sneakers. If you glide that slowly towards a goalie and get that close in then it's pretty much impossible to miss.

I think shootouts should require the skater to keep their feet moving akin to a break away. You're not going to skate at 1mph towards a goalie on a break away.

Last edited by joe89: 03-04-2013 at 07:14 AM. Reason: ...
Sameheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:07 AM
P U L L H A R D
#shewenttoharvard

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsoxfan1214 View Post
I posted literally 4 posts up explaining what I don't like about it.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:22 AM
JBauerly97

What a stinker of a loss.

On the bright side, we're hanging with good teams with a few starters still injured. That's very encouraging.

JBauerly97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Blue Liner

Games like yesterday are why I'm not crazy about the shootout. I hate seeing good games like that come down to a shootout, especially when both goalies played so well.

Tough break for Ericsson at the end. Was having a very good game up until then. I've disliked that rule a lot since it was instituted. I understand the reasoning behind it; creating more offensive opportunities and such, but I liked it better when it was left to the discretion of the officials to determine whether it was intentional or not. Oh well, the rule is the rule but it's just an unfortunate way to turn a game around.

No player in the league to this day still makes me more nervous for my team to play against than Datsyuk.

Also like what I've seen from Brunner the couple times this year I've seen him. What's the outlook/projection on him as a player?

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
Emmerton was solid. He's steadily improved this season. He had one very good scoring chance against the Hawks. He also dominated in the faceoff dot. The 4th line is holding it's own but it's obvious Babcock trusts Emmerton and he's giving him more ice time. Good for him.

Harnessed in Slums is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:33 AM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Games like yesterday are why I'm not crazy about the shootout. I hate seeing good games like that come down to a shootout, especially when both goalies played so well.

Tough break for Ericsson at the end. Was having a very good game up until then. I've disliked that rule a lot since it was instituted. I understand the reasoning behind it; creating more offensive opportunities and such, but I liked it better when it was left to the discretion of the officials to determine whether it was intentional or not. Oh well, the rule is the rule but it's just an unfortunate way to turn a game around.

No player in the league to this day still makes me more nervous for my team to play against than Datsyuk.

Also like what I've seen from Brunner the couple times this year I've seen him. What's the outlook/projection on him as a player?
Do not worry about that, Babcock makes sure Datsyuk is not dangerous.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:46 AM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

The Hawks have to be the luckiest bass turds in the league right now... Twice we should have beaten them... And twice they are the beneficiary of us shooting our selves in the foot in the most random way possible. I mean... Ericsson said it himself that he was certain the angle he shot the puck was impossible for it to float over the boards. And then that play to score the tying goal... I'm not sure who to blame. That's just annoying.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Hendricks433

Quote:
I would love to see a goalie just lay him out in a shoot out. There isnt a player I dislike more than Kane.

Hendricks433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:16 PM
FlashyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
The Hawks have to be the luckiest bass turds in the league right now... Twice we should have beaten them... And twice they are the beneficiary of us shooting our selves in the foot in the most random way possible. I mean... Ericsson said it himself that he was certain the angle he shot the puck was impossible for it to float over the boards. And then that play to score the tying goal... I'm not sure who to blame. That's just annoying.
The play that led to their powerplay was lucky, but in all fairness the Wings were outplayed for huge stretches of that game. If it weren't for some luck on our side and some great goaltending that could have been a blow out before the Wings even got going.

FlashyG is offline   Reply With Quote