HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary and Pittsburgh

Old
03-04-2013, 11:50 AM
drizzydrew22*

vCash: 500
Calgary and Pittsburgh

Penguins have been rumored many times recently that they will make a pitch for iginla to play with Crosby, it's not known if feaster will try to sign him or to put him on the market and try to rebuild. Penguins have also been in the market for another defenseman and third line player so what do you think of this trade and if its fair value...

To Pitt:
Iginla
Glencross
Babchuk

To Calgary:
Derrick pouliot
Tyler Kennedy
Dustin Jeffery
1st round pick

If you disagree, then counter offer for what you think is fair if something needs added, etc.

drizzydrew22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Flamesarmstrong22

This is god awful maybe it would be better if it was just iginla+babchuk but to add glencross in there is just ridiculous.

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:53 AM
drizzydrew22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
This is god awful… maybe it would be better if it was just iginla+babchuk but to add glencross in there is just ridiculous.
Added glencross bc Pitt wanted him three years ago bc of his style of play but if you keep him in there what else would you want back for him

Old
03-04-2013, 11:56 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Given that the general deal that has been agreed on for Iginla to Pitts is Maatta + Kennedy + 1st your basically saying Glencross + Babchuck is worth the upgrade from Maatta to Pouliot and Jeffery . In other words not great value.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:58 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Spare parts for Glencross and Iginla. Part of me thinks the Pens don't have the available assets to acquire Iginla, let alone Iginla and Glencross. Pittsburgh is too D heavy in terms of prospects.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:00 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Pouliot should be one of the Pens' untouchables right now. he and Morrow shouldn't be discussed in any deals unless the return is younger and long-term.

also, the Flames wouldn't trade all of that for what the Pens are offering there.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

ever bothered to run a search?

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Spare parts for Glencross and Iginla. Part of me thinks the Pens don't have the available assets to acquire Iginla, let alone Iginla and Glencross. Pittsburgh is too D heavy in terms of prospects.
in what way is Derrick Pouliot a spare part? enlighten me.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:01 PM
drizzydrew22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Given that the general deal that has been agreed on for Iginla to Pitts is Maatta + Kennedy + 1st your basically saying Glencross + Babchuck is worth the upgrade from Maatta to Pouliot and Jeffery . In other words not great value.
Jeffery has no room on the pens roster he's a center and Kennedy needs a change of scenery I can see shero throwing in maatta or pouliot but not both like I said I threw glencross in there bc shero likes his style of play and see that Calgary fans aren't happy with babchuk but he's a big body that could clear the net something the pens desperately need so if Pitt was to get iginla glencross and babchuk what would the pens give up

Old
03-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Because teams are never looking for high end puck moving D prospects...?

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzydrew22 View Post
Penguins have been rumored many times recently that they will make a pitch for iginla to play with Crosby, it's not known if feaster will try to sign him or to put him on the market and try to rebuild. Penguins have also been in the market for another defenseman and third line player so what do you think of this trade and if its fair value...

To Pitt:
Iginla
Glencross
Babchuk

To Calgary:
Derrick pouliot
Tyler Kennedy
Dustin Jeffery
1st round pick

If you disagree, then counter offer for what you think is fair if something needs added, etc.
Quote:
shero isnt giving up the first that is a fact, like i said you better be able to sign the guy if your giving up the first, and usually when you trade a first round pick for a guy theyll prolly be big time money something that the pens cant afford bc of the salary cap for the next couple years, i doubt that he makes a big trade this year unless its bringing in someone from minnesota that the rumors say or bringing in a guy to toughen their defense up or another third line kind of guy. i think it would be better to keep the first two round picks, stock your future young guys up and wait till ffree agency to make a big time splash in someone or trade some assets for a guy
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5&postcount=46

Come on...it was only four days ago...

Mike Farkas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:08 PM
bloggerfanthe*

To the OP. You sure you don't Baertschi and Gaudreau as well? If you're going to fleece us might as well do it good.

bloggerfanthe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:12 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7venbarschi View Post
To the OP. You sure you don't Baertschi and Gaudreau as well? If you're going to fleece us might as well do it good.
on behalf of Pens fans, i apologize for the OP's proposal. it's lopsided even though the OP said a few days ago that the Pens won't trade their 1st round pick, "period".

Old
03-04-2013, 12:12 PM
drizzydrew22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5&postcount=46

Come on...it was only four days ago...
**** changes, seems like no one likes the deal without the first so you have to suck it up and make a hockey deal, just like with Carolina they said they weren't gana give up sutter for staal but he sucked it up instead of bashing the original offer.. Counter it

Old
03-04-2013, 12:13 PM
TheRollingPuck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Kennedy is useless and Jeffrey is nothing special, but Pouliot is highly rated prospect and the 1st is in a deep draft.

As for the OP, I'm curious as to what Glencross (by himself) would cost.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:14 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:

To Pitt:
Iginla
Glencross
Babchuk

To Calgary:
Derrick pouliot
Tyler Kennedy
Dustin Jeffery
1st round pick

Why would Calgary do this with two spare parts coming back in Jeffrey and Kennedy? Why don't we stop the Calgary v. Pittsburgh threads for a while. It seems like they pop up every two days and it goes no where.

I'm beginning to think we shouldn't even consider Iggy as an acquisition. I wouldn't mind Glencross at all, if he were to become available.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:15 PM
SteelFish87*

as a Pens fan I would love to get both Iginla and Glencross but doubt the Pens have the assets to give up. So lets just focus on getting Iginla

Niskanen + Maata + Kennedy + conditional 1st (needs to re-sign, 2nd if he doesnt)

close?

SteelFish87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:20 PM
chilly98

What would be the price tag for Alex Tanguay? Maybe it is just me but as a pens fan I am a little more interested in him than Iggy.

chilly98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelFish87 View Post
as a Pens fan I would love to get both Iginla and Glencross but doubt the Pens have the assets to give up. So lets just focus on getting Iginla

Niskanen + Maata + Kennedy + conditional 1st (needs to re-sign, 2nd if he doesnt)

close?
I would remove Niskanen and make the first non-conditional, which has pretty much been the consensus between PIT & CGY fans. Feaster isn't known for being the smartest GM in the room but I can't imagine any deal for Iginla that doesn't involve a 1st rounder.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:28 PM
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy

Quote:
Pittsburgh is too D heavy in terms of prospects.
Their developmental program supports their draft selection. Your point of view as a Leafs fan is categorically false.

I don't want to watch Iginla hide on Crosby's wing.

ManInTheBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Perro

Glencross will not waive. He owns a ranch in alberta and will only play for Edmonton or Calgary.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:39 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Kennedy is useless and Jeffrey is nothing special, but Pouliot is highly rated prospect and the 1st is in a deep draft.

As for the OP, I'm curious as to what Glencross (by himself) would cost.
Probably as much as Iginla. He is a second line winger that is a great pker and is signed to a very good contract.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

I see no reason for either team to do this but we'll give you Kennedy for a 2nd.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:44 PM
wej20

No idea why we're going after The Anton, I'd rather target Iginla and Glencross is likely a non-starter given his NTC. Something around Maatta + for Iginla makes most sense.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Jaded-Fan

I really am against the Pens emptying the cupboard for what will amount to most likely a few week rental. I am not against the use of their assets to solve their search for a wing for Crosby. But a long term solution, not a rental. Crosby is a Pens for life, I do not want them to be looking again next year with nothing to trade for one then.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote