HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Travis Moen&Colby Joseph Armstrong thread

Old
03-04-2013, 09:43 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 50
Moen is signed for another 3 season with a NTC wtf is that?

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:09 PM
MAYO

vCash: 500
Hey listen, I hear you guys when u complain that some of ur top liners are getting run over and no one seems to come to their aid. Christ, did u not see the hit that Brad Richards took last night and no redemption. Here's the thing, in a shortened season every point counts and u have to stay away from the penalty box. You guys got the 2 points, move on to the next game. Until the league gets rid of the bull**** Instigator Rule, not much use to have a fourth line filled with goons.

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:21 PM
Captain Saku

Was it Gauthier or Bergevin who signed Moen for 4 years?

Captain Saku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Habskrieg

They aren't doing much. They aren't being as physical as I expected, not even close. Which is weird. I remember both as being gritty and physical. They haven't scored much. But that's ok. And they've been annoying for opponents. I get the feeling that their physical play has been toned down by our coaches. They've been playing good defensively. I think MT wants these guys to focus more on defense and shut down rather than running into opponents.

I think we're just looking for things to complain about right now. In a way it's a good thing that we can only really complaining about the 4th line. But at the same time, they've been playing well. Nothing flashy, but they've been good.

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:31 PM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

If you have to complain about the FOURTH line not looking dominant - you know you have a good team.

Moen can be as passive as a butterfly, as long as he's not costing us goals against regularly or getting beat on every play - he's better than the average 4th line. That's it, I don't really care for his listless play but he's barely noticable out there. I'm more annoyed at Bouillon getting huge minutes, and Gionta playing one game out of ten and being such a useless turd the other nine games. Who gives a damn about our 4th line anyway?

WhiskeySeven* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Moen is signed for another 3 season with a NTC wtf is that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Bergevin. To be fair, it's a modified NTC that expires after next season.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:36 PM
niftymove

No PK or Emelin devasting hits like last year, White and Moen playing like girls.

Something weird when your hardest hitters are BGally and Eller!

Must be a new coach strategy and I guess I misunderstood MT when he said, on season start, that the Habs would be a tough team to play against this year.

I mean not the king of toughness I was expecting.....

niftymove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
They aren't doing much. They aren't being as physical as I expected, not even close. Which is weird. I remember both as being gritty and physical. They haven't scored much. But that's ok. And they've been annoying for opponents. I get the feeling that their physical play has been toned down by our coaches. They've been playing good defensively. I think MT wants these guys to focus more on defense and shut down rather than running into opponents.

I think we're just looking for things to complain about right now. In a way it's a good thing that we can only really complaining about the 4th line. But at the same time, they've been playing well. Nothing flashy, but they've been good.
Exactly. It's not a coincidence that Prust gets to run around more than Moen and Armstrong, given his zone usage and linemates.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
We need to replace them with players who wants to play their role.

Prust needs support, because he's gonna get tired soon.
I'm so surprised Prust is not tired already...he's done so much for our Habs.

We all loved Moen when he was doing 3/4 of what Prust is doing now (I kept thinking Moen needed help back then...now I'm thinking this with Prust...what the ****...can't they all be good at what they do at the same time!!).

Therrien has got to tell Moen, White to help Prust out (while staying disciplined).
And I beleive White will help Prust...he's just on a leash right now and is trying to adjust to it! (needs to gain Therrien's trust again...imo Therrien should also learn to trust White 'cause White is such a team player...doesn't play for himself...he plays for the team and always protects his teammates...isn't that what Therrien is all about...the team? give White your confidence and he will pay you back like that good loyal friend).

But...Prust can't do it all by himself.
And we need him FRESH for the playoffs...I don't want his gas tank to be empty (Therrien must think about this...since there's still 2 months of hockey to play before playoffs...Prust has done so much...time for others to help 'cause I don't want to see Prust get injured or get exhausted...I'm going to get so pissed off...#$%^&*#$%^#$).

I hope Therrien can light a fire under Moen's ***.
('cause I really miss the old-Moen...a true warrior for us, playoffs warrior,etc... he was so darn good...the black eye days which wasn't that long ago... I really really miss that Moen...what the **** is going on).

Maybe Nokia will bring some energy and help Prust a bit??
All I know (and it's ****ing obvious)...Prust needs some major ****ing help and not in April...now tabarouette.
White, Moen...someone...help Prust.

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 03-04-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Nitehowl

Size

after watching Sesito play a bit and previous highlights... I hope MB would look to acquire him from VAN.
I like his skating for his size and could be a great 4th line banger. I would want him for hits more than just for fighting.

I know Moen and Army are OK on the PK but the 4th line is about changing the tempo of a game with big hits and these two guys just don't do it anymore

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:02 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

I just can't believe some people in here keep saying Moen is doing his job and playing the way the coaches/organization expect from him. He's a disgrace on the ice. Not only didn't he go after McQuaid at all yesterday when McQuaid was obviously looking to start something, but he also just didn't lay a single hit on any player. Markov had 1 for christ sake. Ryder had 1. Moen had 0. He was -1, and lets Prust taking care of all the dirty stuff.

It's a shame, and it's a disgrace that a guy like Moen keeps looking elsewhere whenever those games happen. First against Toronto, now in Boston. He has no excuses. He's a 30 years old veteran who understands the game well and should stick up for his teammates way more than he's doing right now.

Best thing that could happen at this point is trading this sack of **** for a decent player who can do his thing and fight/hit/agitate whenever it's needed. It's just not ok to ask Prust to keep doing the same **** over and over again. He's going to end up getting hurt, and then, we'll be in huge ****ing trouble.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
comon, tell me you weren't happy when you saw Moen re-signed with us. I certainly was.

Madevilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
Our D is a little soft too. Good news is Kaberle is making himself a tradeable commodity.
Maybe trade Kab for Komi who wants out of Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Prust needs support.
Yup. No way he can keep this up even if he has a heart as big as the Bell Center.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
If you have to complain about the FOURTH line not looking dominant - you know you have a good team.

Moen can be as passive as a butterfly, as long as he's not costing us goals against regularly or getting beat on every play - he's better than the average 4th line. That's it, I don't really care for his listless play but he's barely noticable out there. I'm more annoyed at Bouillon getting huge minutes, and Gionta playing one game out of ten and being such a useless turd the other nine games. Who gives a damn about our 4th line anyway?
in a wall(team), every brick counts....

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:36 PM
EurOConnEcton

Right now our most grittiest players are Prust, Gallagher* and Eller*. What in blue hell are White, Moen, Armstrong doing? How many Hits did they lay? Why dnt we just let Oaf Mcqauid and ***** Thornton have a carte blanche and run our whole team while were at it.

If it wasnt for Prust showing guts and even Emelin actually dropping the gloves with Chara we would looked like pure wimps. I know we do not want to take instigator penalty but **** if we continue to let this happen, were going to pay the price for it in injuries.

EurOConnEcton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Moen was bad and all tonight, but what really is confusing me - why is he in the top 9?
The perennial question.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Bloumeister
Party like it's 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Moen was bad and all tonight, but what really is confusing me - why is he in the top 9?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
The perennial question.
Jacques Martin Jedi mind tricks.

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:23 PM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post

This isn't the dump-and-change you're looking for.

WhiskeySeven* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:43 PM
BlackStar

I don't think Moen is a 100% healthy right now. Seriously, that has to be it.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Lionel Mandrake

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
I'm not sure why Bergevin thought he was worth 1.85m a year for 4 years. That's a head scratcher.
Man I thought it was only 2. Hopefully we can unload him before his stock drops. He's not needed if he's going to play like that on a 4th line.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
I don't think Moen is a 100% healthy right now. Seriously, that has to be it.
If he's injured, they should just give his place to Dumont right now.

Dumont centering Armstrong and White could be ok.

Last edited by Habtchum*: 03-04-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:08 PM
tiz

Why couldn't we have kept Staubitz...

tiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:21 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
Again, both invisible tonight... if my team is going to playoffs this year I want real warriors out there.

poor Prust.
I've been shouting this message all year- replace two of our 4th wingers for two bona fide heavyweights who don't mind dropping them. They can't be any worse than these two.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Hugo Sham

i understand why bergevin resigned moen. he was new on the job, saw a team of cupcakes and didn't want to lose an elite and tough penalty killer with size. thing is, he's not a regular fighter - or momentum changer- never has been. he will fight from time to time but not like prust. i would keep him and go find an enforcer. next year, armstrong is gone.

a team with moen, white, prust + HW is great

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote