HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The CH stands for Character! That's right, back in 1st place!

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 01:25 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
Don't know why but I find this tweet just hilarious...

Andrew E Thompson ‏@Godwentwhoops
@tylerseguin92 Glad you're OK. You'll see them again in a few weeks. I'm sorry you got speared by Emelin, and you'll get em next time.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Sheppy

vCash: 500
Bruins fan here, last night's game was great to watch, the amount of crying after about the fights/physical play is hilarious though. "Oh they're so dirrrrrrrrrtttyy" - toughen up then.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppy View Post
Bruins fan here, last night's game was great to watch, the amount of crying after about the fights/physical play is hilarious though. "Oh they're so dirrrrrrrrrtttyy" - toughen up then.
I agree. Your coach/team and fans really need to sack up and quit crying about everything.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:27 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
lolol wow a polite Bruins fan welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Habs fan here, (that's me, I'm a Habs fan1!!!)thanks for your input we'll be sure to bring it up at the next general meeting with the players.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
I agree, Boston needs to stop crying already.

However I hear their new sponsorship will work out perfectly. The people at Kleenex are excited.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:29 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Bruins players/coach only ones that cried last night, in public, to the media.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:30 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I agree. Your coach/team and fans really need to sack up and quit crying about everything.
Do they only do that after playing the Habs or is it a more common thing with them?

Old
03-04-2013, 01:31 PM
skule123

This Grantland column about the rivalry is from a pretty great writer.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...boston-rivalry

Old
03-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Do they only do that after playing the Habs or is it a more common thing with them?
It's a deflection, and a poor one at that.

Instead of looking at themselves and working on their flaws (ie: not letting Habs players score from 5 feet out), they project their frustrations onto others.

Grade school logic, but it's not uncommon in hockey (voir: Tortorella)

Old
03-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
That's a good question. I don't normally pay attention to their board unless they play a game against us, but I'll definitely take a look after their next loss.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:39 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by skule123 View Post
This Grantland column about the rivalry is from a pretty great writer.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...boston-rivalry
great piece, thanks for posting. I loved the paragraph about Gallagher (whose nickname should be Honey Badger imo)

Old
03-04-2013, 01:45 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
It's a deflection, and a poor one at that.

Instead of looking at themselves and working on their flaws (ie: not letting Habs players score from 5 feet out), they project their frustrations onto others.

Grade school logic, but it's not uncommon in hockey (voir: Tortorella)
Good point.. When the Habs lose we are very critical of Hab players for the loss with a bit of ref blaming thrown in it at times. With Bruin fans though it's like when they lose it was either because the other team was diving or embellishing and because the refs screwed us over and never because their team got outplayed.

Now I'm not saying they're all like that but the majority around HF have that attitude it seems.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
It may not be "nice" to commit fouls against opposing players... but smart... well, it actually might be smart. The response in this case was a nearly perfect result for the Habs. We *know* the hive mind of the B's by now, they will switch to rage mode when provoked, and when they do that, it just increases our chances of winning. Yes, so perhaps Emelin, or even Galchenyuk, have to endure some "retribution". But as long as our team doesn't get off its game, and it takes the B's off theirs, then it probably is smart to just keep prodding them like this sometimes. And all I'm saying is go ahead with 2-minute-infraction level stuff like this little crosscheck. Or Gallagher can brush Rask. Subban can yap at Horton. Etc. Not stuff that really hurts anybody. But stuff that can potentially trigger the B's rage mode all the same.
Stay away from the star players with this stuff.

Get under their skin? Okay... but I'd prefer not to see this stuff happen with Galchenyuk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
They listen to Edwards and Felger 24/7, they're brainwashed
It's like Fox news over there. Horrible.

I have no problem with a local broadcaster being a homer (Joe Bowen for example) but to be an outright troll the way Edwards is? I'd hate to have that as my broadcaster. He just makes the entire fanbase look stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Fair point, but does it really matter if it was Thornton or Chara who jumped Emelin, in the context of the discussion?

The ironic thing is that so many people here are condemning Chara and calling Thornton and Lucic names for playing the exact same way they wish the Habs played. Can't have it both ways.
Yup. We'd be happy if Prust did it. The fact that some fans here can't get this through their heads says a lot about them.
Quote:
Yeah it was pathetic to listend to Julien after the game. Thanks for stopping by and agreeing with us on this.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:55 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

just really realized we beat the bruins with Budaj in nets (not that Budaj is bad, just that beating team with your backup seems to rub others the wrong way)

Old
03-04-2013, 02:21 PM
RealCity

We...

Scored a PP goal on the team with the best PK in the league

Scored 2 goals in the 3rd on the team that allows the least amount gf goals in the 3rd in the league

Went into one of the toughest buildings to play in against the team with the best winning PCT in our conference

And won the game

All while playing our back up goalie.

And regarding the post game comments by Julien and Co. I never seen such a bunch of tough guys turn into such f-ing cry babies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npn0d...ayer_embedded#!

Old
03-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

Max calls Julien's comments ''simple jealousy''.

J-F Chaumont ‏@JFChaumont
#Habs: "De la simple jalousie". Max Pacioretty qui réagit aux propos de Claude Julien qui a accusé le CH de jouer la comédie.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:28 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

(delete)

Last edited by HiggsBozon: 03-04-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old
03-04-2013, 02:30 PM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Max calls Julien's comments ''simple jealousy''.

J-F Chaumont ‏@JFChaumont
#Habs: "De la simple jalousie". Max Pacioretty qui réagit aux propos de Claude Julien qui a accusé le CH de jouer la comédie.
Exactly. There's this huge mentality going around this year (and every other year) that says the Habs are somehow pretenders— they can't actually hang with the big boys of the league. Last night's game is just another reminder that indeed, this team is among, if not the best in the East. And Julien doesn't want to accept that. Jealousy.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:35 PM
GinoCyber*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WigPio6Wk7Y

Someone should show CJ the above link before he accuses us about diving.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:36 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
I love how Subban embellishes a hit from behind. It's pretty clear that when you read the numbers on a guys back, you aren't supposed to hit him. So you hit a guy in a vulnerable position, no penalty called, and Subban was embellishing.

Sure glad we won tonight, I would not be happy looking for excuses like the Bs are doing.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:37 PM
skule123

This may be one of the smartest bits of writing I've ever seen about the Bruins, partially because it runs so counter to the established worldview which is popular within their fanbase (like those Moral Victory pieces by Haggerty).

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2...fference-maker

Old
03-04-2013, 02:37 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoCyber View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WigPio6Wk7Y

Someone should show CJ the above link before he accuses us about diving.
Ya I would like to see Julien talk about the dignity of the game after watching that.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
It was still a dirty play, if the idiot would think once in a while he wouldn't be cheap shotting other players when he can't fight back. Tyler Seguin is their future at the forward position Chara acted like a captain and defended his guy.
Idiot? The "idiot" did what ultimately won us the game.

I would love to have more "idiots" like him on the team. Hurt their skilled pansies. Have the goons sent to the penalty box and we take the 2 points. That's how you should play a team like Boston.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:41 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skule123 View Post
This may be one of the smartest bits of writing I've ever seen about the Bruins, partially because it runs so counter to the established worldview which is popular within their fanbase (like those Moral Victory pieces by Haggerty).

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2...fference-maker
Glad to see more objective bruins writers like him. We already know that the Bs fanbase is full of idiots (much like our own), so having a writer with the ability to see beyond the his fanatic nature is encouraging.

Good on you TomServo42

Old
03-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin
Michel Therrien: "Ce sont des commentaires ridicules. Claude Julien devrait se concentrer sur son équipe."

''They are ridiculous comments. Claude Julien should concentrate on his own team.''

Closed Thread