HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

TSN 690: Tony Marinaro trolling Boston

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 10:56 AM
skule123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Boston radio just called Subban a "gutless vagine".
It's fantastic to see the new depths Subban draws out of Boston and their fans. We've all seen the racism (check twitter during any Bruins/Habs game), and now misogyny. What's next? Anti-Semitism? Ableism?

Old
03-04-2013, 10:58 AM
QC
Visionary.

I dont defend boston radio guys, they for the most part know very little about the game. I dont care what Marinaro says about Bruins players or Boston media, and I dont care what Boston media says about Marinaro, let them be "entertainers" and stir up the pot for ratings/fans. I just dont like radio hosts illegally calling unrelated businesses and wasting their time in the name of some half-assed comedy bit. If the zoo and doctors office knew about it beforehand, disregard all comments.

Look, I love how the Canadiens look this year. I was bummed last year when they werent a contender. A good MTL team is great for the game, and for the rivalries. Claude looked like a petulant baby last night. Chara stood up for his teammate and any unbiased fan from other fanbases would likely see nothing wrong with his actions. I'm excited as a Bruins fan and hockey fan, and I hope both teams have a great remainder of the season/playoffs!

Old
03-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Burke the Legend

vCash: 50
I hope Thorton punches him,, Marinara is a disgrace and embarrassment to Montreal and anyone who listens to him should be ashamed.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr q View Post
I dont defend boston radio guys, they for the most part know very little about the game. I dont care what Marinaro says about Bruins players or Boston media, and I dont care what Boston media says about Marinaro, let them be "entertainers" and stir up the pot for ratings/fans. I just dont like radio hosts illegally calling unrelated businesses and wasting their time in the name of some half-assed comedy bit. If the zoo and doctors office knew about it beforehand, disregard all comments.

Look, I love how the Canadiens look this year. I was bummed last year when they werent a contender. A good MTL team is great for the game, and for the rivalries. Claude looked like a petulant baby last night. Chara stood up for his teammate and any unbiased fan from other fanbases would likely see nothing wrong with his actions. I'm excited as a Bruins fan and hockey fan, and I hope both teams have a great remainder of the season/playoffs!
completely agree with you on the Chara front. If he felt he should do something about it, good for him as a captain to act on it. Unfortunately it put him out of the game for 17 minutes, and I think you can agree it was warranted.

But what surprises me most out of all of this is how some of the bruins players always seem to complain after a loss to the habs. Subban, for all his trolling on the ice, is respectful off it, along with the rest of the team. Why are the Bruins such whiners after a loss to the habs everytime??

Old
03-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:

Ehh, I'm not sure about that. Chara should have probably gone after Emelin, but jumping him and getting his team in trouble (and possibly costing them the game) isn't the way to do it.

Challenge him to a fight, sure... if he doesn't want to (and he likely wouldn't), then just take down his number and line him up clean and hard when you can.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Ehh, I'm not sure about that. Chara should have probably gone after Emelin, but jumping him and getting his team in trouble (and possibly costing them the game) isn't the way to do it.

Challenge him to a fight, sure... if he doesn't want to (and he likely wouldn't), then just take down his number and line him up clean and hard when you can.
any captain of any team would've done that, the problem is that Chara is a freakin monster and you can't fight against him, he's dangerous

Old
03-04-2013, 11:09 AM
QC
Visionary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post

But what surprises me most out of all of this is how some of the bruins players always seem to complain after a loss to the habs. Subban, for all his trolling on the ice, is respectful off it, along with the rest of the team. Why are the Bruins such whiners after a loss to the habs everytime??

The Subban hate from Boston is pure envy, hes a great player and a classy interview. He can agigate from time to time but he never goes too far. Hate for him is similar to hate for Marshy, albeit different reasons. They both have lots of talent, and the ability to piss off 29 fan bases. A bruins fan would be lying to say they wouldnt take PK on the team in a second.

As for our whining after losing to the Habs, yea I agree. I dont like airing our discrepancies in public. I think any NHL team that loses a game should - as torts would say - just shut up. Makes for good discussion though!

Old
03-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
No. It's pathetic.

Read a god-damned book if you're all in need of some entertainment, quit supporting this pinhead.
Read a book? You go from so entertaining in GDT's to reading a book.... I'm starting to think you get your GDT material from Tucker Max.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

And now it's the intermission. Tony is being very calm, collected and actually is talking hockey somewhat intelligently. Proves once again that he's an entertainer, and not as big of an idiot as he lets off on his own show. Caters to his audience (yeah, I think I just insulted myself...), but knows his stuff.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

People have to realize that all the 'stupid' comments he does on air is almost scripted, to get angry reactions and all from the public. That's the kind of image he's trying to give to stay in the business. He doesn't have any hockey background so that's the only way he can keep his jobs. I find him perfect for radio, though I prefer Melnyk or The Morning Show. The others are pretty dreadful.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
any captain of any team would've done that, the problem is that Chara is a freakin monster and you can't fight against him, he's dangerous
Maybe. Chara should just realize how huge and strong he is, and shouldn't put his team in danger like that. It's not the first time, and likely won't be the last time.

To be honest, the fight I have less of a problem with, but jumping him from the side with a charge was pretty terrible.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:28 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

By any chance is there a link to hear it?

Old
03-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Boston radio just called Subban a "gutless vagine".
It's funny because Subban toned down the agitating 'style' so much this season yet his presence alone irritates them. Last game he even told his teammates not to fall into the Bruins after whistle 'scrum' attempts after Horton's cross check.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Daniel Plainview

I enjoy the rivalry between Boston and Montreal and I get why emotions escalate after these games, but why does it almost always have to turn in to this petty crap? Both sides, I mean.

Certain media people and the lowest common denominator type fans always have to take things WAY too far. Emelin's hit wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen. Should have been a penalty, but not a huge deal seeing how Seguin was eventually okay

Chara did what we've seen teammates do every other night in the NHL. And he earned his long penalty time. I'm not going to say he didn't deserve it. He knew what could happen if he reacted that way, but did anyway, because that's what you do for a downed teammate. And Montreal properly took advantage of his absense and scored two big goals to come back and win. It was on the rest of the Bruins to step up and cover for their captain there and they came up short

No issue with anyone involved. I don't love everything Subban does, but how much can I really complain when I have a guy like Marchand on my team? I'd have to be a total homer, blind hypocrite to try and defend that guy, while criticizing someone else for instigating, diving etc.

But that's not the norm, I know. I have come to fully expect this moronic garbage from guys like Marinaro and guys on Boston radio who are responding to it like 8th graders. Unfortunately there are enough meatheads in their audience that this stuff caters to. We have some of them on this very forum.....overall I mean, not this particular sub-forum, haha, please, I come in peace

It was a good game. They will meet again and it will be good again. Hopefully it doesn't have to turn into this garbage, but unfortunately it probably will

Old
03-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Frank Drebin
Everyone Overpayment

vCash: 735
Quote:

Cheers. Agree with you on the radio bit too.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Daniel Plainview

P.S. Mike Felger comes on at 2:00

Please Boston and Montreal fans, don't react to what he's inevitably going to say. He's kind of our Tony Marinaro. Total homer, who caters to the stupid

Old
03-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Plainview View Post

Please Boston and Montreal fans, don't react to what he's inevitably going to say. He's kind of our Tony Marinaro. Total homer, who caters to the stupid
That is gonna end so bad.

Lots of screaming. No arguments.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:54 AM
bdawg1989*

Quote:

Felger vs Marinaro should be signed by the Habs/Bruins for 1 game, and when they play each other, they both get dressed and have to fight Lucic and Prust.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:

I remember that guy, he was talking all sorts of trash 2 years ago and calling Pat Hickey a "soft Frenchman".

The media back and forth stuff doesn't bother me at all, it's actually quite entertaining. Montreal v Boston is the best soap opera in hockey.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:57 AM
smack66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
it's semi pathetic, you gotta separate the entertainement of the serious stuff

Boston radio are insulting Marinaro on the air on his look, stay classy Boston, there's a difference between making fun of a hockey team and making fun of a persons look

A little bit of pot calling kettle black... If Marinaro is going to call Chara a Giraffe then I think he opens himself up to criticize on his personal build and stature.

That being said, that's what makes the Bruins/Habs rivalry so good

Old
03-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Lshap

Quote:

Agree with your sentiment, but these guys live in a world of hyperbole, hoping to keep poking and poking and poking until they get a reaction. If we don't react to his hockey nonsense, Felger will probably blame the bad weather on missed calls by Montreal meteorologists.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:14 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
This doesn't have to be a big deal at all. Tony is dumb, but this is pretty funny. Of course the Bs media will have a comeback, who cares? This is what the rivalry is. Deal with it.

As for Chara, he should've picked a better moment, but he wasn't wrong to want to stand up for Seguin. In the end, it cost them the game though.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:16 PM
AntonCH

This just in from Tony on twitter
I just couldn't help but chuckle, figured I'd share
You reap what you sow

Received 3emails & 5calls off-air from Bruins fans telling me they r going 2give me a beating & received 1 threat #JustAnotherDayAttheOffice

Old
03-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
One quick observation, you canadians love saying "Stay Classy" don't you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
This just in from Tony on twitter
I just couldn't help but chuckle, figured I'd share
You reap what you sow

Received 3emails & 5calls off-air from Bruins fans telling me they r going 2give me a beating & received 1 threat #JustAnotherDayAttheOffice
Hey Boston. For Daniel Plainview's sake... stay classy.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:26 PM
windycity

Quote:
I enjoy the rivalry between Boston and Montreal and I get why emotions escalate after these games, but why does it almost always have to turn in to this petty crap? Both sides, I mean.

Certain media people and the lowest common denominator type fans always have to take things WAY too far. Emelin's hit wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen. Should have been a penalty, but not a huge deal seeing how Seguin was eventually okay

Chara did what we've seen teammates do every other night in the NHL. And he earned his long penalty time. I'm not going to say he didn't deserve it. He knew what could happen if he reacted that way, but did anyway, because that's what you do for a downed teammate. And Montreal properly took advantage of his absense and scored two big goals to come back and win. It was on the rest of the Bruins to step up and cover for their captain there and they came up short

No issue with anyone involved. I don't love everything Subban does, but how much can I really complain when I have a guy like Marchand on my team? I'd have to be a total homer, blind hypocrite to try and defend that guy, while criticizing someone else for instigating, diving etc.

But that's not the norm, I know. I have come to fully expect this moronic garbage from guys like Marinaro and guys on Boston radio who are responding to it like 8th graders. Unfortunately there are enough meatheads in their audience that this stuff caters to. We have some of them on this very forum.....overall I mean, not this particular sub-forum, haha, please, I come in peace

It was a good game. They will meet again and it will be good again. Hopefully it doesn't have to turn into this garbage, but unfortunately it probably will
good post, I totally agree

but the Bruins are still a bunch of whiny babies

Closed Thread