HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN 690: Tony Marinaro trolling Boston

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 12:30 PM
hey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Plainview View Post
I enjoy the rivalry between Boston and Montreal and I get why emotions escalate after these games, but why does it almost always have to turn in to this petty crap? Both sides, I mean.

Certain media people and the lowest common denominator type fans always have to take things WAY too far. Emelin's hit wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen. Should have been a penalty, but not a huge deal seeing how Seguin was eventually okay

Chara did what we've seen teammates do every other night in the NHL. And he earned his long penalty time. I'm not going to say he didn't deserve it. He knew what could happen if he reacted that way, but did anyway, because that's what you do for a downed teammate. And Montreal properly took advantage of his absense and scored two big goals to come back and win. It was on the rest of the Bruins to step up and cover for their captain there and they came up short

No issue with anyone involved. I don't love everything Subban does, but how much can I really complain when I have a guy like Marchand on my team? I'd have to be a total homer, blind hypocrite to try and defend that guy, while criticizing someone else for instigating, diving etc.

But that's not the norm, I know. I have come to fully expect this moronic garbage from guys like Marinaro and guys on Boston radio who are responding to it like 8th graders. Unfortunately there are enough meatheads in their audience that this stuff caters to. We have some of them on this very forum.....overall I mean, not this particular sub-forum, haha, please, I come in peace

It was a good game. They will meet again and it will be good again. Hopefully it doesn't have to turn into this garbage, but unfortunately it probably will
I agree with everything you said here. Why can't we have a good rivalry without low shots at each others team and fans.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Shaby23

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
No. It's pathetic.

Read a god-damned book if you're all in need of some entertainment, quit supporting this pinhead.
Whoaa there buddy. You can't discuss what people like or not.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:39 PM
WhiskeySeven
Pretty big member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Holy leotards Batman !! Is there anybody you DO like in the media?
MAGodin is fine, but reading in French is an effort so I avoid him more than I should. Onrait's antics on air are funny most of the time, I love watching sportscentre with him. Arpon Basu was great until he signed with CBC, since then he's been losing his quality. Some of the TSN690 people are fine, I like some of their producers whenever they chip in - they sound more knowledgeable than the hosts! Elliot Friedman is great, Ron Maclean is good too. The Hotstove people are a much more palatable punditry actually, I don't mind them as much actually... I just ignore Stock and Milbury.

I like the amateur people much more. Habseyeontheprize and several others. They don't have to sell ads as much and just write about the topic without fabricating anything. By the same regard, Don Cherry and Ron Maclean talk about whatever the hell they want (usually Leafs stuff) because they've beaten the rat-race and don't have to make stuff up. I'd rather listen to Don Cherry ramble and yell at me through the screen than to listen to one fraction of a second of Tony Marianara's cholesterol-weighted buffoonery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaby23 View Post
Whoaa there buddy. You can't discuss what people like or not.
I just did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46330ivs View Post
really.... I'd rather someone make a joke about my dead grandma then read a book, some people take life way too seriously, no offence but only ******s read books.
I'm offended but I don't want to be a ***** or a *****. How can I fix this??????? A book burning???????

Last edited by WhiskeySeven: 03-04-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old
03-04-2013, 12:40 PM
e46330ivs*

Quote:
No. It's pathetic.

Read a god-damned book if you're all in need of some entertainment, quit supporting this pinhead.
really.... I'd rather someone make a joke about my dead grandma then read a book, some people take life way too seriously, no offence but only ******s read books.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Bloumeister
Live long & prosper

WhiskeySeven: way more fun when drunk

Old
03-04-2013, 12:45 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
WhiskeySeven: way more fun when drunk
when he's drunk or you are?

Old
03-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Bloumeister
Live long & prosper

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
when he's drunk or you are?
Works both ways

Old
03-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Plainview View Post
I guess this is the part where I go, oh yeah well what about YOU guys, and point out some egregious things that Hab or Leaf fans have done, either in the stadium or threatening someone like this

But I'm not going to do that.....I mean I already did it, but I'm going to position myself like I'm taking the high road and there's nothing any of you can do to stop me
No, this is the part where you take the burn, put your tail between your legs, spare us any residual butt hurt, and toddle on home.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Shaby23

Quote:

I just did.

Yea and it's really dumb on your part. You have the right to hate him but you don't have the right to tell people what they wanna do in their free time.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:49 PM
e46330ivs*

Quote:
MAGodin is fine, but reading in French is an effort so I avoid him more than I should. Onrait's antics on air are funny most of the time, I love watching sportscentre with him. Arpon Basu was great until he signed with CBC, since then he's been losing his quality. Some of the TSN690 people are fine, I like some of their producers whenever they chip in - they sound more knowledgeable than the hosts! Elliot Friedman is great, Ron Maclean is good too. The Hotstove people are a much more palatable punditry actually, I don't mind them as much actually... I just ignore Stock and Milbury.

I like the amateur people much more. Habseyeontheprize and several others. They don't have to sell ads as much and just write about the topic without fabricating anything. By the same regard, Don Cherry and Ron Maclean talk about whatever the hell they want (usually Leafs stuff) because they've beaten the rat-race and don't have to make stuff up. I'd rather listen to Don Cherry ramble and yell at me through the screen than to listen to one fraction of a second of Tony Marianara's cholesterol-weighted buffoonery.

I just did.

I'm offended but I don't want to be a ***** or a *****. How can I fix this??????? A book burning???????
drink a 60pounder of whiskey and hope you never wake up again!

Old
03-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Daniel Plainview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
No, this is the part where you take the burn, put your tail between your legs, spare us any residual butt hurt, and toddle on home.
But I am home

Seems to me that you had this whole thing ready to say to some angry Bruins fan, and when I didn't play along, you didn't know how to react and said it anyway

Come on man, you need to be better than this. Adjust on the fly, like the Habs did in the third period

Old
03-04-2013, 01:07 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I think we're about done here...

Closed Thread