Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Watch him in the D zone.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:04 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
he doesn't look like he has the puck in the D zone often enough to turn it over that much TBH. Just sort of loops around and waits for the puck to get broken out.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:05 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Everybody is turning the puck over in the D zone as they're collapsing with, at minimum, 4 players below the hashes more often than not. And with that, it's hard to keep feet moving working within a small area.

It's not a player specific issue, IMO.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
02-27-2013, 09:04 PM
OpRedDawn*

vCash: 127
it does seem like we collapse harder for defense than either other team.. definitely has something to do with our lack of offense

Old
02-28-2013, 03:31 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Interesting listening to Russo with PA inferring that Yeo might be afraid to call out or demote Heatley.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:58 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

Wasn't Heatley on the 3rd line last game?

Old
02-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Interesting listening to Russo with PA inferring that Yeo might be afraid to call out or demote Heatley.
Did he do that again today or are you refering to Friday?

I read somewhere that the Wild were not happy about what he had to say on Friday and let him know about it. Sorry i read somethings and they are just fly by so i can't remember where it was.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:12 PM
hokijanari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard6411 View Post
I read somewhere that the Wild were not happy about what he had to say on Friday and let him know about it. Sorry i read somethings and they are just fly by so i can't remember where it was.
Starts to sound like the Soviet Union..

Old
02-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokijanari View Post
Starts to sound like the Soviet Union..
Yeah i thought it was odd that they would actually say something to him, then after the presser there were comments on twitter about Russo getting a cold shoulder from Yeo during the post game presser.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

This was from the Calgary game...so Wednesday?

Old
03-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Haite
x

vCash: 2465
Fire Yeo, trade everyone! Or am I a bit late for the party?

Old
03-04-2013, 12:55 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

Hell, if he can get the guys to start playing like this consistently, I'll rescind any negative comment I have ever made about him. I'll even get him some glasses

Seriously though, I'm giving him 5 games starting with this one to see if they can keep it up. I don't care if we win too much, as long as they work their ***** off, keep making better plays, and continue to show improvement.

Not that I wouldn't mind them beating the Hawks, in reg....

Living in Chicago, and being a fan of any other team is becoming intolerable....

Someone needs to take those smug ******** down I think the Partay's going to Chi-Town.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:20 AM
Nsjohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
Hell, if he can get the guys to start playing like this consistently, I'll rescind any negative comment I have ever made about him. I'll even get him some glasses

Seriously though, I'm giving him 5 games starting with this one to see if they can keep it up. I don't care if we win too much, as long as they work their ***** off, keep making better plays, and continue to show improvement.

Living in Chicago, and being a fan of any other team is becoming intolerable....

Someone needs to take those smug ******** down I think the Partay's going to Chi-Town.
I will literally **** myself if we beat Chicago. I mean, ...the Wild...the team that stopped the historic run by the Hawks...Hell, if we can come back from a four goal deficit and win in a SO against chicago, we can beat them in regulation...(wait, that's not logical )

Old
03-04-2013, 08:04 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I think the powerplay as a whole (set-up, personnel, etc.) is starting to become grounds for termination at this point. It could be Sydor's baby, but it's not as if Yeo doesn't have a say as to what's going on with it.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Sportserie

Quote:

Are you a Chicago native? How did you become a Wild fan?

I can't imagine the Blackhawks buzz right now in Chicagoland. It has to be huge, and rightfully so. They are doing remarkable things. I love that we can stop it tomorrow night!

Old
03-04-2013, 09:13 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
I think the powerplay as a whole (set-up, personnel, etc.) is starting to become grounds for termination at this point. It could be Sydor's baby, but it's not as if Yeo doesn't have a say as to what's going on with it.
****** powerplay is a fireable offence for a coach who perennially gets into the playoffs but the team can't take the next step. it isn't for a team who hasn't been to the playoffs for a while but has a good chance this year.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:39 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportserie View Post

Are you a Chicago native? How did you become a Wild fan?

I can't imagine the Blackhawks buzz right now in Chicagoland. It has to be huge, and rightfully so. They are doing remarkable things. I love that we can stop it tomorrow night!
Hell no! Born in St. Paul baby lived mostly in Seattle , but went to school at UST. That's when I got back into hockey, and never looked back. Ice in the veins and all that

Screw Chicago, Wild's the only team

Old
03-04-2013, 11:41 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
The pp is really really bad. Even Richards had the team, with lesser players, do a better job, if I remmeber correctly.

I really would like to know why Yeo is just so bad with the pp. He's known for being bad, even from his Pit days, when he had the likes of Crosby and Malkin.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:52 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
The pp is really really bad. Even Richards had the team, with lesser players, do a better job, if I remmeber correctly.

I really would like to know why Yeo is just so bad with the pp. He's known for being bad, even from his Pit days, when he had the likes of Crosby and Malkin.
It's just station to station play with minimal movement; both in terms of passing and skating. Just not seeing much creating from the players and the combinations don't really compliment each other either. I just don't understand what they're trying to accomplish when/if they actually set up. Not to mention the only way they can enter the zone with control is if they employ the neutral zone drop pass...

Old
03-04-2013, 02:00 PM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
Quote:
It's just station to station play with minimal movement; both in terms of passing and skating. Just not seeing much creating from the players and the combinations don't really compliment each other either. I just don't understand what they're trying to accomplish when/if they actually set up. Not to mention the only way they can enter the zone with control is if they employ the neutral zone drop pass...
This is what i take away.

We have our next 4 games against top teams. We are playing well right now. We lose 8 points in the next four games, then a home and home with COL. I said it before, we have to be in the playoffs after this stretch for Yeo to keep his job.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Karl

So this is still going on? If anything let's finish the season to see where we stand before we get rid of another coach. Besides this team has been coming around as of late.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:50 PM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
So this is still going on? If anything let's finish the season to see where we stand before we get rid of another coach. Besides this team has been coming around as of late.
We are in 6th place for now. 4 points ahead of 14th. Not safe at all.

When we picked up Suter and Parise. We, to me, made it clear we are in the playoff or bust category. The GM got the players, the coach has to utilize them. There is no more lets see, the effort was there, we worked hard, we are getting better excuses. Its win or not.

A top 10 NHL d man. Suter
A top 10 NHL player? Parise top 5 at his position at least.
A top 10 NHL centermen. Koivu
A top 10 goalie. Backstrom

Yeo needs results, no excuses.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:56 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post

When we picked up Suter and Parise. We, to me, made it clear we are in the playoff or bust category. The GM got the players, the coach has to utilize them. There is no more lets see, the effort was there, we worked hard, we are getting better excuses. Its win or not.

We're also 2 points from division lead, what the hell is your point?

Old
03-04-2013, 02:57 PM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post

Koivu's not a top 10 center. And i'm not one of those "Koivu's not a 1st line C" people either.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

There's more than four people on a hockey team. And none of those four have been dominant throughout the season.

Closed Thread