HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Prospects in the CHL/College

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Catcherman
Kings fan in MN

vCash: 500
I wish this thread was updated with prospect stats on page one like it used to be.

BTW - I've seen SCSU a couple of times this year too. Gravel has been solid. The thing you want from your stay at home D-men is not to notice them by them making mistakes. I didn't see Gravel making mistakes.

That being said, two games is a very small sample size. We should be able to get a good read on him soon for the WCHA Final Five in three weeks.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:56 PM
palffytofrovlov

Thanks Ziggy makes it easier jajaja

Old
03-01-2013, 09:07 PM
palffytofrovlov

Mersch will a goal and assist game about over on NBC network

Old
03-01-2013, 09:11 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by palffytofrovlov View Post
Mersch will a goal and assist game about over on NBC network
Good game.

Mersch playing his typical game. He is either producing or invisible. One thing is certain though and that is that he is constantly improving his game.

Old
03-01-2013, 10:09 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Good game.

Mersch playing his typical game. He is either producing or invisible. One thing is certain though and that is that he is constantly improving his game.
I have a lot of hope for Mersch. He's the only player on Wisconsin to score double digit goals. He is one of the key players, which isn't bad for a fourth rounder.

I see him as a poor man's Clowe, minus the d-baggery. He just has that willingness to go to the dirty areas to help the team.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:30 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
I have a lot of hope for Mersch. He's the only player on Wisconsin to score double digit goals. He is one of the key players, which isn't bad for a fourth rounder.

I see him as a poor man's Clowe, minus the d-baggery. He just has that willingness to go to the dirty areas to help the team.
I have high hopes for him making the NHL too. I don't know exactly where he will fall but he has all of the skills to make it.

Something to note (not that it matters greatly) is that Mersch had an injury as a youngster that caused him to switch hands. Sort of does some things Leftie and some things Rightie. He doesn't expect to fight much as a result but it clearly doesn't effect his shot or stickhandling so who knows.

He says that it happened so long ago that it really doesn't matter now and that is probably the truth but I do see him sort of switch hands from time to time and when I do I wonder.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:36 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Something to note (not that it matters greatly) is that Mersch had an injury as a youngster that caused him to switch hands. Sort of does some things Leftie and some things Rightie. He doesn't expect to fight much as a result but it clearly doesn't effect his shot or stickhandling so who knows.

He says that it happened so long ago that it really doesn't matter now and that is probably the truth but I do see him sort of switch hands from time to time and when I do I wonder.
Wonder if he'll scrap when he finally gets out of the US system. Ambidextrous and with his size, he could do some damage.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:45 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
Wonder if he'll scrap when he finally gets out of the US system. Ambidextrous and with his size, he could do some damage.
Yep I wonder the same thing. Could be a good thing but then his injury was said to have weakened his wrist for a long time so it could go either way. He has good size speed and skills. Right now his drawback to me is consistency. Not just scoring but playing a solid 60mins of hockey game in and game out.

He can produce but he has a way to go before he plays up to his potential in every zone.

When he does I like him for a second liner who hits grinds and plays well in front of the net.

Oh and your last article/assessments were great again. I still see Nik Des as developing along in a solid manner and becoming (eventually) a very good NHL Dman. He won't see the NHL for a few more years but thats alright.

He'll make it eventually.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:28 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Colin Miller is now 4th in scoring in the OHL for defensemen. I'm pretty sure he missed a chunk of games too, could be a late round steal for us

Old
03-03-2013, 11:40 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

I'm very big on Nick Shore, I think the guy can be a legitimate 3rd line center and eventually take over Stoll's spot. It'll be between him and Vey, I think the role suits Shore alot better but we'll see. I assume Forbort, Shore and Gravel will stay in school next year. It would be nice to bring them to Manchester but they'll probably stay for their senior year.

Old
03-04-2013, 04:38 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Colin Miller is now 4th in scoring in the OHL for defensemen. I'm pretty sure he missed a chunk of games too, could be a late round steal for us
I hope so.

Nick Ebert scored a goal as well, his 10th of the season, so did Alex Roach, his 15th.

Ebert is close to being +/- -40, nice.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:15 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
I hope so.

Nick Ebert scored a goal as well, his 10th of the season, so did Alex Roach, his 15th.

lmao wtf???? omg that's horrible

Old
03-04-2013, 11:47 AM
damacles1156

Yup.

Nick Ebert is a boom or bust pick, perfect 7th rounder.

Has a lot of offensive tools, if he ever figures out how to play passable Defense....That would be an awesome 7th round pick.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
lmao wtf???? omg that's horrible
He's playing on a brutal team with a very young D. Kid is playing top minutes and you'll see a bad +/-. He's not as bad as it suggests.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:00 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
I hope so.

Jack Johnson went -3 just reading this post...

Old
03-04-2013, 02:48 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Jack Johnson went -3 just reading this post...
Oh man I really wish you could "like/rec" posts on here... Well played!

Old
03-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Fat Elvis

Do you think Schumacher gets signed and assigned to Manch once their season ends? He turns 20 in August.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:08 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Do you think Schumacher gets signed and assigned to Manch once their season ends? He turns 20 in August.
I don't know. He's one of those players that might actually benefit from playing an overage year in juniors. Still really raw and has consistency issues. Might be a good thing to have him be one of the oldest and strongest players in the CHL and hopefully learn to use his size.
He'll probably at least get a tryout contract if Manchester makes the playoffs and the Soo get knocked out early...

Remember that Shumacher can also play in Manchester anytime the Kings want him to since he was drafted out of the SEL and not the CHL. IF the Kings wanted either they or Manchester could sign him and have him in the AHL.

Last edited by tigermask48: 03-05-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old
03-05-2013, 07:14 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
I don't know. He's one of those players that might actually benefit from playing an overage year in juniors. Still really raw and has consistency issues. Might be a good thing to have him be one of the oldest and strongest players in the CHL and hopefully learn to use his size.
He'll probably at least get a tryout contract if Manchester makes the playoffs and the Soo get knocked out early...
Doubt he would stick around the CHL next year if he goes unsigned by the Kings. Likely head to Sweden for more money and opportunity. Even if the Kings do sign him and he does not crack Manchester he will likely be headed back to Sweden since it is exceedingly rare that Europeans play in ECHL.

Honestly at this point I think it's mostly likely Schumacher heads back to Sweden to pursue a career in the SEL, does not appear to have much of future here in NA.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

If you look at Manchester's roster, they could need a big body and he's usefull on the PP.

Lets not act like that roster is filled with potential NHL players. Schumacher was one of the youngest draftees that year. I would really be surprised if he wasnt signed.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:15 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Doubt he would stick around the CHL next year if he goes unsigned by the Kings. Likely head to Sweden for more money and opportunity. Even if the Kings do sign him and he does not crack Manchester he will likely be headed back to Sweden since it is exceedingly rare that Europeans play in ECHL.

Honestly at this point I think it's mostly likely Schumacher heads back to Sweden to pursue a career in the SEL, does not appear to have much of future here in NA.
I could see this scenario happening easily. But with him spending the last two years with the Greyhounds I could also see him getting an ELC and sticking around for a year or two before heading back like Moller did.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:13 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Would Colin Miller be able to get called up to Manchester too? Or he's still too young?

Old
03-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Would Colin Miller be able to get called up to Manchester too? Or he's still too young?
Any drafted player may join the AHL or ECHL affliate once their junior season is up.

If you are asking whether Colin Miller can go to Manchester next year, well then the answer is yes he can. In fact, I did not realize this until looking it up, but Miller is in fact an overager in the OHL. Which means that he can be signed by the LA Kings or Manchester Monarchs at ANY time and promoted to the pro game immediately. Now obviously at this point they will let him play out his time in Sault Ste. Marie, but if for whatever reason tomorrow the Kings wanted him in Manchester they could just sign him and take him away. He could have played this whole season in Manchester had they wanted.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post

He is still young and has shown some skills. They always say it takes big dmen a while to develope. Is that general rule of thumb just soley for defensemen? Worth an ELC just to find out what they have in him.

Closed Thread