HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Toronto and St. Louis Talking Trade? Kulemin Involved?

Old
03-04-2013, 12:02 PM
bobbyflex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
He appeared lazy because he was out of shape. He usually doesn't use his body like he can because he never does. That isn't about being lazy, it's just how he plays, he's not a power forward.

He likes to play on the rush, so it makes sense that he shoots off the rush, because he is not great at protecting the puck or playing off the cycle. It appeared that he didn't put the puck on net with much effort because he didn't have the endurance or strength needed to because he was out of shape.

Lazy people don't lose 20 pounds over the summer, they just don't.
so you're saying he lost 20 pounds and has been bringing more effort - in a a contract year

funny isn't it?

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:03 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
so you're saying he lost 20 pounds and has been bringing more effort - in a a contract year

funny isn't it?
Last season was a contract year for him too.

Last season was the only season that his effort was noticeably different. Every other season and this season, he has been very productive, just streaky.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Hero
Buffy is Back

Getting stewart would be great.

2x 28 goal seasons in past 4 seasons, this year is on pace for 27 goals.

Big body, from Toronto, I like it.

JVR - 1st line
Stewart - 2nd line
Frattin - 3rd line

Skilled winger with size on each line.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Getting stewart would be great.

2x 28 goal seasons in past 4 seasons, this year is on pace for 27 goals.

Big body, from Toronto, I like it.

JVR - 1st line
Stewart - 2nd line
Frattin - 3rd line

Skilled winger with size on each line.
Where does Lupul go?

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
Okay, I love how fans from other teams come up with this ******** every time someone has an opinion that differs their. Like seriously, all I hear is one or two sentences that go along the lines " You clearly have never watched X player or X team play, so therefore your opinion is invalid or either u don't know **** about the team or player".
Seriously this is the only excuse u guys come up with?

Thanks for coming out but I have caught Blues games before and I have my own opinion .
And you opinion has never been misinformed before...

Stewart is 25 and has 89 goals and 180 points in 292 career games. He is big, fast and willing to go to the front of the net. He has had one bad season out of 3.5, but otherwise has been nothing but a 25-35 goal scorer over a full season.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Sterling31
YNWA - TML

vCash: 50
Quote:
Where does Lupul go?
JvR-Kadri-Perry
Stewart-Grabovski-Lupul
Frattin-Bozak-Kulemin

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumblin Erb Brooks View Post
And you opinion has never been misinformed before...

Stewart is 25 and has 89 goals and 180 points in 292 career games. He is big, fast and willing to go to the front of the net. He has had one bad season out of 3.5, but otherwise has been nothing but a 25-35 goal scorer over a full season.
That's nice but the problem here is that a lot of people including most Leafs fans don't realize is that we have 3 players on our roster that bring the same things on the table as Stewart.

I think targeting a center, shutdown defender, and goalie would be a much better option than another winger who we have like millions in our system.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:19 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
That's nice but the problem here a lot of people and most Leafs fans don't realize is that we have 3 players on our roster that bring the same things on the table as Stewart.

I think targeting a center, shutdown defender, and goalie would be a much better option than another winger who we have like millions in our system.
That's fine, which is similar to the reasons why we aren't interested in some of the pieces that Toronto fans have been offering us. We have just grown tired of the Stewart being lazy talk. He's not lazy, he's just streaky and people think he is a certain type of player and he's not.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:20 PM
pspot

I've had Stewart on my fantasy team the last couple of years
his scoring is definitely back up, not where it was when he was a 70 pt winger but trending back up
His PIMS are also still high so as a PF he's pretty solid

I think that trade rattled him a bit, he had great chemistry going in Col and just needed to get over that

pspot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:20 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
That's nice but the problem here a lot of people and most Leafs fans don't realize is that we have 3 players on our roster that bring the same things on the table as Stewart.

You don't have anyone on the roster that brings what Stewart does. Stewart has 3 fights so far this season. He's playing more physical as well. A tough player willing to stand up for his teammates and has speed and talent to score 30 goals.

That being said those are exactly the reason we don't want to trade him we don't have anyone else on our roster that brings what Stewart does.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:21 PM
ExJbeck

Quote:
That's nice but the problem here is that a lot of people including most Leafs fans don't realize is that we have 3 players on our roster that bring the same things on the table as Stewart.

That's nice but the Blues fans are politely telling you that you know nothing about our team and your opinion is either uniformed or misinformed. Blues fans generally want nothing to do with your make shift hockey teams roster or the price you fans think your overvalued and overpaid players will bring. Have a good day!

ExJbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:22 PM
SenzZen
Rik Norris

I hope they work something out.

Toronto got fleeced the last time they danced.

SenzZen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExJbeck View Post
That's nice but the Blues fans are politely telling you that you know nothing about our team and your opinion is either uniformed or misinformed. Blues fans generally want nothing to do with your make shift hockey teams roster or the price you fans think your overvalued and overpaid players will bring. Have a good day!
That's fine, I won't lose sleep over what Blues/other fans or people think. No Biggie on my part.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExJbeck View Post
Please don't start with the team insults alright, your team had one solid year last year and is playing average this year, both teams have holes in their line ups that need to be addressed and if Halak goes down for any long period of time you have about as much of a chance at the cup as we do cheers.

Hockey 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:34 PM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

Quote:
Okay, I love how fans from other teams come up with this ******** every time someone has an opinion that differs their. Like seriously, all I hear is one or two sentences that go along the lines " You clearly have never watched X player or X team play, so therefore your opinion is invalid or either u don't know **** about the team or player".
Seriously this is the only excuse u guys come up with?

Thanks for coming out but I have caught Blues games before and I have my own opinion .
Because everything you said was flat out wrong.

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:35 PM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post

funny isn't it?
Last year was a contract year too, funny isnt it

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
You don't have anyone on the roster that brings what Stewart does. Stewart has 3 fights so far this season. He's playing more physical as well. A tough player willing to stand up for his teammates and has speed and talent to score 30 goals.

That being said those are exactly the reason we don't want to trade him we don't have anyone else on our roster that brings what Stewart does.
Okay........... so you're saying there is not a player on the Leafs that plays like Stewart and bring a lot of the same elements on the table like Stewart? I beg to differ because Frattin does play a lot like Stewart and he is plenty physical and also has dropped gloves before with tough guys.

JVR and Lupul are also players that plays quite similar aside from dropping gloves, he is big, fast, goes hard to the net and has knack for scoring goals.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Last year was a contract year too, funny isnt it
In all honesty though it would be nice to aquire stewart but the leafs dont exactly need him. Leafs need Backes or Berglund but so do the blues, blues need a player like phaneuf or kessel, or kadri so do the leafs see where I'm going with this.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
Please don't start with the team insults alright, your team had one solid year last year and is playing average this year, both teams have holes in their line ups that need to be addressed and if Halak goes down for any long period of time you have about as much of a chance at the cup as we do cheers.
Wasn't it recently announced that the Blues never turned a profit in their 46 yr existence as well?

Yeah, get off your high horses Blues fans.

Darkhorse1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:53 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse1280 View Post
Wasn't it recently announced that the Blues never turned a profit in their 46 yr existence as well?

Yeah, get off your high horses Blues fans.
Lets not get into the business side, where reporting a loss can be advantageous for some. Unless we were involved with the actual numbers, we will never know how bad it really was.

Please don't lump the few in with us all.

I'll do the same with you guys with trade proposals.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
No it wasn't, and please don't lump the few in with us all.

I think there are a lot of good Blues fans and I generally like the team a lot(they have some great players as I said previously) and in my opinion probably the responsible defensive team in the league. Petro sure has looked a little down this year and I hope he catches up to his game again.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Lets not get into the business side, where reporting a loss can be advantageous for some. Unless we were involved with the actual numbers, we will never know how bad it really was.

Please don't lump the few in with us all.

Alright...sorry if I have offended you. But it does gets a little irksome whenever I read other fanbases bash our team/players and tell us how much they suck etc when alot of our ineptitude stemmed from bad coaching and decisions from management.

And oh yeah, you're welcome for Alex Steen.

Darkhorse1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:07 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse1280 View Post
Alright...sorry if I have offended you. But it does gets a little irksome whenever I read other fanbases bash our team/players and tell us how much they suck etc when alot of our ineptitude stemmed from bad coaching and decisions from management.

And oh yeah, you're welcome for Alex Steen.
Don't worry, it bothers me too, it's just embarrassing. Fans have no control over how good the team is or how much money they make. I don't blame you at all. What's even worse is our fanbase knows exactly how it feels to be terrible and to not win the Cup.

Oh yeah, thanks for Steen.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Don't worry, it bothers me too, it's just embarrassing. Fans have no control over how good the team is or how much money they make. I don't blame you at all. What's even worse is our fanbase knows exactly how it feels to be terrible and to not win the Cup.

Oh yeah, thanks for Steen.
lol that trade was pure robbery

Old
03-04-2013, 01:13 PM
bobbyflex

yeah you guys owe us for that Steen trade. Ol' man Fletcher forgot to take his meds that day

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote