HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Brendan Gallagher

Old
03-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Picaroon

vCash: 953
It's weird to see all the earlier posts in this thread saying he has a weak shot. I didn't see much of Gallagher before this year but so far his shot has been wicked. Good one timers, great accuracy, quick release. He has scored a few wristers from up around the top of the circle and further this year. I think 30 goals is probably his upside, but i don't see him scoring less than 25. He is just always competing. Consistency will not be a problem for Gallagher. Already my favourite Hab!

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

vCash: 500
Sigh...so many good ex-Giants slip through our hands. I'm happy for their success, but sad they're not playing for the Canucks.

Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:54 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Sigh...so many good ex-Giants slip through our hands. I'm happy for their success, but sad they're not playing for the Canucks.
I think a lot of Franco Montreal Canadiens fans feel the same way about some of the Quebecois talent that we seem to miss.

Timmins seems to love picking in the 5th round. Along with Gallagher (2010), keep an eye for Darren Dietz (2011) and Charles Hudon (2012) in the coming years.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:18 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 160
I was reading another Gallagher thread before he was drafted and people were saying how he is projected to go undrafted because he was too small. That despite the fact he scored 41 goals (81 pts) in 72 games in the WHL his draft year.

So happy we took a chance with him. Already one my favorite players. Leads the Habs in ES pts as well.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:59 AM
Noob616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
I was reading another Gallagher thread before he was drafted and people were saying how he is projected to go undrafted because he was too small. That despite the fact he scored 41 goals (81 pts) in 72 games in the WHL his draft year.

So happy we took a chance with him. Already one my favorite players. Leads the Habs in ES pts as well.
Bring this up when the inevitable "WE NEED SIZE" threads start up after the next Canadiens loss. The reason Gallagher was still available in the 5th round was precisely that, "he's too small".

Noob616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:18 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob616 View Post
Bring this up when the inevitable "WE NEED SIZE" threads start up after the next Canadiens loss. The reason Gallagher was still available in the 5th round was precisely that, "he's too small".
Brendan Gallagher might be 5'8" but he sure as hell doesn't play like it. Those threads are usually posters pointing fingers at desharnais and gionta, definitely not Gallagher.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Veritas0Aequitas

2 more goals today. So will he slow down? Is his ceiling still as low as everyone previously said it is? Is he just a product of a hot Montreal team?

Veritas0Aequitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:11 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas0Aequitas View Post
2 more goals today. So will he slow down? Is his ceiling still as low as everyone previously said it is? Is he just a product of a hot Montreal team?
We'll see. He actually has only one goal. First one was credited to Subban.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:12 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
I could see him nearing 60 pts in the future, with an average of 50-55 pts per season.

Playing on the first line with Paccioretty certainly doesn't hurt his current stats.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:16 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Players like Galllagher make a team get hot.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Tendresse
Capitaine Gorges

The question with Gallagher is whether or not he's gonna be playing with the same intensity over the course of his career. What gets him so many points is the fact that he just plays like a freight train while completely disregarding the fact that he's a garden gnome compared to most NHL players. As long as he keeps up playing with this fire, I don't see why his pace would slow down.

Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:28 PM
TheNuge

As much as im not a fan of montreal as a whole (sorry) i think Gallagher is an awsome draft choice, i love his style of play and how he played for team canada a few years back in the world juniors..he has grit..for a small guy its ballsy

TheNuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:30 AM
poetryinmotion

Flames fans bashed me last year for saying Gallagher may be better than their beloved Baertschi.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Flames fans bashed me last year for saying Gallagher may be better than their beloved Baertschi.
Well...it's too soon for that. Gallagher may be 'better' now, like he is compared to Galchenyuk, but like the latter Baertschi has more upside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendresse View Post
The question with Gallagher is whether or not he's gonna be playing with the same intensity over the course of his career. What gets him so many points is the fact that he just plays like a freight train while completely disregarding the fact that he's a garden gnome compared to most NHL players. As long as he keeps up playing with this fire, I don't see why his pace would slow down.
I think avoiding injuries will be his biggest hurdle. If he can stay healthy for most of his career, he shouldn't have issues producing.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 03:24 PM
ChoseLa

When he hits the 30 years old mark he might start to change his game in the mold of Gionta, still drive the net and play hard but trying to save some of his energy and health, no players can play with such a fearless style over a whole career.

He just play the game like the coaches wnat players to play it, i'm not sure his skill level is that high, it's just that he fight for evey inches on the ice and still try when everything is lost, that will get you to score goals and draw penalties.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:53 AM
Maitz

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Gallagher will not be better than Baertschi but will be better than Gaudreau. The debate is more about Gallagher vs Gaudreau.

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 08:37 AM
BrimStone64

Gallagher like a more fiesty Cammalerri.

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:04 AM
Fleury14
Remember the Kipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
Don't see the NHL scoring line abilities in him. Nice player but probably not an NHLer. I'm sure he'll warm to the AHL quickly, get pushed around/overwhelmed in the NHL in callups, and probably carve out a nice career in europe.
I'll admit I was wrong, Gallagher does look pretty reminiscent of Verbeek. Nifty with the steals and a nice shot, a real "waterbug" kind of player.

Quote:
I think the debate was more between Gallagher/Gaudreau due to the size similarities. Still a few years before we can see who the better of those two would be though.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 09:50 PM
ottawa

vCash: 69
Great game from him yet again...

His 1st goal:

Shootout winner:

Last edited by ottawa: 03-27-2013 at 09:55 PM.
ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:42 PM
tututooter21

Man every time I watch this kid he's the best player on the ice, making things happen. Wow habs got themselves a steal right here

tututooter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:46 AM
Veritas0Aequitas

Yeah he impresses the **** outta me every single time I watch a Montreal game. He's the real deal. Definitely think he's an overachiever and will continue to prove people wrong.

Veritas0Aequitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:27 AM
Bob9k

What a beast this Gallagher is! The game against the Bruins tonight made me remember the one when he was playing for team canada junior in the game against the russian where they where losing by 5 goals. Nothing was working and canadians were being humiliated by russians who were dominant. He was the one that rised and was the spark that lead to a 4 goal comeback. Think he was on the ice on all those 4 goals and was a major element in each one. From that moment we saw that this guy was willing to give his all shift after shift and that loosing wasnt an option. Not the most talented and gifted, but as proud and gritty as a Cammaleri can be PLUS hard working, competitive as hell and resilient. That's all he is imo. His energy and will to win is contagious and I believe we could say that Habs season and change of attitude this year is due in part to him. Being a 5th round pick is probably a big steal even tho he's not that big and tall. Can't wait to see if he can keep up that pace in the series. Imo he'll be a real asset and maybe be our next clutch player like Cammaleri was in 2010 series. Whatever his stats will be next season and onward, I'm sure he'll be a great playoff guy each year that you can count on for key goals. Those just seem to stick to him.

What you guys think on how he'll do in series?

Bob9k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:47 AM
tony d
sugar crisp

He's a good one that's for sure. Montreal got a real stud in him.

03-28-2013, 10:53 AM
spintheblackcircle
...so that happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
Ray Ferraro type
Still think this is a pretty good comparison

03-28-2013, 11:10 AM
golgoXIII

The more i look this kid play the more is remind me of Claude Lemieux, great pick from Timmins

golgoXIII is offline   Reply With Quote