HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto and St. Louis Talking Trade? Kulemin Involved?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2013, 02:13 PM
  #526
bobbyflex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,392
vCash: 500
yeah you guys owe us for that Steen trade. Ol' man Fletcher forgot to take his meds that day

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:13 PM
  #527
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 22,660
vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
lol that trade was pure robbery
And if Jonas Junland would have resigned with us and didn't go to Europe, it probably never would have happened.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:18 PM
  #528
Darkhorse1280
Registered User
 
Darkhorse1280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: York Region
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
I hate Lee Slumpniak.

Darkhorse1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:27 PM
  #529
drewski1988
Registered User
 
drewski1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Don't worry, it bothers me too, it's just embarrassing. Fans have no control over how good the team is or how much money they make. I don't blame you at all. What's even worse is our fanbase knows exactly how it feels to be terrible and to not win the Cup.

Oh yeah, thanks for Steen.
The Leafs have made several questionable trades in recent years.
Everyone automatically points at the Kessel deal..which may not be a great deal, also the Rask/Raycroft deal was terrible.

That being said, the Kessel deal, we picked up a point producer and elite scoring winger, for 3 draft picks, no one knew what they would have been.

Rask was a young, unproven drafted player exchanged for a former Calder trophy winner who had a bad year in Andrew Raycroft.

The deal that really sticks out for me is the Steen/Colaiacovo for Stempniak deal. We gave up 2 young, decently promising players in exchange for a player who scored 27 goals once. That trade hurt us IMO.
Steen is a big forward who can score goals. Not sure what he's been like at centre for the Blues, but I do understand he can play both the pivot and wing.

OUCH.

drewski1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:29 PM
  #530
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Markham and Lawrence
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewski1988 View Post
The Leafs have made several questionable trades in recent years.
Everyone automatically points at the Kessel deal..which may not be a great deal, also the Rask/Raycroft deal was terrible.

That being said, the Kessel deal, we picked up a point producer and elite scoring winger, for 3 draft picks, no one knew what they would have been.

Rask was a young, unproven drafted player exchanged for a former Calder trophy winner who had a bad year in Andrew Raycroft.

The deal that really sticks out for me is the Steen/Colaiacovo for Stempniak deal. We gave up 2 young, decently promising players in exchange for a player who scored 27 goals once. That trade hurt us IMO.
Steen is a big forward who can score goals. Not sure what he's been like at centre for the Blues, but I do understand he can play both the pivot and wing.

OUCH.
Steener is one of the most underrated player in the NHL for a long time. He plays a great two-way game but doesn't get recognition around the league.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:32 PM
  #531
Darkhorse1280
Registered User
 
Darkhorse1280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: York Region
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewski1988 View Post
The Leafs have made several questionable trades in recent years.
Everyone automatically points at the Kessel deal..which may not be a great deal, also the Rask/Raycroft deal was terrible.

That being said, the Kessel deal, we picked up a point producer and elite scoring winger, for 3 draft picks, no one knew what they would have been.

Rask was a young, unproven drafted player exchanged for a former Calder trophy winner who had a bad year in Andrew Raycroft.

The deal that really sticks out for me is the Steen/Colaiacovo for Stempniak deal. We gave up 2 young, decently promising players in exchange for a player who scored 27 goals once. That trade hurt us IMO.
Steen is a big forward who can score goals. Not sure what he's been like at centre for the Blues, but I do understand he can play both the pivot and wing.

OUCH.

What made it worse was that we developed Steen pretty well in his tenure with the Leafs. Then as soon as he was dealt to St.Louis, he took his play to another level.

If that trade hadn't of happened that week, it probably wouldn't have happened at all as Burke took over a week later--and I'm pretty sure that he would of loved Steen on his team as oppose to trading him for a dubious winger in Stempniak.

Ol' Cliffy was just looking to hit one last home run before he was put out to pasture. Too bad he forgot to take his old man pills before he made the decision.

Darkhorse1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:40 PM
  #532
drewski1988
Registered User
 
drewski1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
Steener is one of the most underrated player in the NHL for a long time. He plays a great two-way game but doesn't get recognition around the league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse1280 View Post
What made it worse was that we developed Steen pretty well in his tenure with the Leafs. Then as soon as he was dealt to St.Louis, he took his play to another level.

If that trade hadn't of happened that week, it probably wouldn't have happened at all as Burke took over a week later--and I'm pretty sure that he would of loved Steen on his team as oppose to trading him for a dubious winger in Stempniak.

Ol' Cliffy was just looking to hit one last home run before he was put out to pasture. Too bad he forgot to take his old man pills before he made the decision.
I agree 100% with both of you. We could have really used Steen all these years, and even now.

drewski1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.