Old
03-04-2013, 10:05 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertyhaze View Post
Could be good for the Jets. Who's their backup?
Ellis and Peters will carry the load for them, unlike us they actually have pretty good depth at goalie. Should be able to hold it down till Ward comes back

Old
03-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Good for us.

Seriously though, that sucks for Ward and the Canes. Him to Dan Ellis is pretty close to the biggest dropoff from starter to backup, save for maybe Rinne to Mason.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Well, the Southeast division title should be up for grabs now!

Old
03-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Ellis has been pretty good this year as a backup though. Wonder how he'll do with the added responsibility.

03-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

The Jets have squandered opportunities before. The number one thing that will determine if the Jets make the playoffs is the 23 guys on our roster and what is going on between their ears.

I do agree though, this makes things harder on Carolina.

03-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Not good for Carolina.
It may be good for them actually. Ward has been **** all season so far and tanked one of my fantasy teams lol. I would rather ward be in net the Ellis

Old
03-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
In this case, it doesn't though. At all. Florida Panthers owners don't care what you or I think of the situation, they are worried about their own situation. And Panther fans know this situation.

I am trying to educate people on this board who like to use one off pictures to "prove" that Florida needs to be relocated. This is simply not true, particularly when you start to look the facts of the situation.
You are fighting a lost cause.

To a lot of Canadians the fact that the team is in the souern US is enough to want them relocated.
They somehow forget that two franchises from the "strong Canadian hockey market" relocated and a couple other teams were close.

As for visuals, what bothers me the most when watching games are empty sears directly behind the player benches. That should never happen.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:38 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post

To a lot of Canadians the fact that the team is in the souern US is enough to want them relocated.
They somehow forget that two franchises from the "strong Canadian hockey market" relocated and a couple other teams were close.

As for visuals, what bothers me the most when watching games are empty sears directly behind the player benches. That should never happen.
Yup. Terrible managerial decision. At least allow ticket holders to be able to sit in those seats.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:08 PM
cbcwpg

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post

I was listening to the Florida feed one game and they were talking about this.

The first point was that the seats behind the benches are all paid for, but people that have those seats aren't always sitting in them. Something about having access to a lounge ( someone can correct me on this ) and spending time there during the game. So these seats are like the Gold seats you see in Toronto for most of the 2nd period each game. Empty...

The second point was, if the cameras were on the other side of the rink, we wouldn't even be having this conversation, because those seats always have people in them.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
I was listening to the Florida feed one game and they were talking about this.

The first point was that the seats behind the benches are all paid for, but people that have those seats aren't always sitting in them. Something about having access to a lounge ( someone can correct me on this ) and spending time there during the game. So these seats are like the Gold seats you see in Toronto for most of the 2nd period each game. Empty...

The second point was, if the cameras were on the other side of the rink, we wouldn't even be having this conversation, because those seats always have people in them.
Go up to post #268, I posted a link talking about it. It's called "Club Red", those tickets are sold but they are all up at the open bar, free buffet, HDTV, etc particularly since they are all now corporate tickets since the price of those tickets increased 660% from last year to this year...

Old
03-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Go up to post #268, I posted a link talking about it. It's called "Club Red", those tickets are sold but they are all up at the open bar, free buffet, HDTV, etc particularly since they are all now corporate tickets since the price of those tickets increased 660% from last year to this year...
You think that optically, the NHL would have asked for this to be fixed. You can see how many believe that the Panthers have no fans due to this oversight.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:30 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

I think I saw the Panthers-seating problem last week for the first time and I was all "oh my god that's like Atlanta in it's worst days".

But then I figured out myself that it probably would be VIP lounge or press or something like that. You may see this for press seats in Europe in football stadiums. As they are a lot bigger, it doesn't attract attention to you in TV like in an NHL rink here. The camera is on the same side too, so it points into the other direction.

Optically, it really is a bad decision by the Panthers to have it like that.

BUT... is Florida the only team in the NHL doing something like that? Having great seats sold to "business"-fans which pay 500% more than the average visitor?

Old
03-04-2013, 02:44 PM
videofarmer
thirsty

vCash: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
I think I saw the Panthers-seating problem last week for the first time and I was all "oh my god that's like Atlanta in it's worst days".

But then I figured out myself that it probably would be VIP lounge or press or something like that. You may see this for press seats in Europe in football stadiums. As they are a lot bigger, it doesn't attract attention to you in TV like in an NHL rink here. The camera is on the same side too, so it points into the other direction.

Optically, it really is a bad decision by the Panthers to have it like that.

BUT... is Florida the only team in the NHL doing something like that? Having great seats sold to "business"-fans which pay 500% more than the average visitor?
I don't know about now, but Philips Arena was set up the same way. The entire lower bowl on the penalty box side was used for the club seating with the lounge and fancy restaurants at the top, and yes, the cameras did face that side.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:53 PM
ps241
Drunken rant!

Quote:
I was talking to the president of the Dallas stars and he said this was one of their top priorities when he took over the job after the sale. Most of those lower bowl tickets are sold but often go unused so they were trying to get a program together where businesses could gift the tickets systemically to young hockey teams and kids groups for a tax recite and make sure they fill the already paid seats with actual bodies.

Detroit has had a similar issue in the lower bowl because they do not limited access to their luxury suites so if you own a ticket in the building you can join your buddies in the suites and this is a big problem for them optically. Apparently they cram out these suites and its party central upstairs but the lower bowl looks a bit sparse.

Also in Toronto they have what is called "bunker boxes" and our banker took us to a game in one of these. Long story short this group of luxury suites are actually at ice level but do not have a visual of the ice. you own these kick a55 seats right behind the leafs bench but your luxury box is detached and back in the bowls of the building under that stands. the problem is the suites are plush and you have your food and beviís rolling and you are doing business (or should I say indulging the guy who brought you) and next thing you know it is 10 minutes into the period and you just watch it on TV in the suite and get lit up for free.

these are just a few examples of optic challenges of pretty nice seats.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:04 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 635
From a fans perspective I think Florida has a better set up.
I had tickets in the Lab lounge for the moose. And from experience a common gripe amongst sth was that you paid top dollar for a weak view. I've since left the lounge and frankly I much prefer my current seat.
If you're paying top dollar i think its fair to want centre ice seats.
What they should have done however was put the lounge on the same side as the cameras.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I'm sure we'll hear all about it tomorrow in the GDT.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:57 PM
videofarmer
thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I'm sure we'll hear all about it tomorrow in the GDT.
%$@! that building is empty!

Old
03-04-2013, 04:31 PM
JetsHomer

Too be fair, I don't think the Jets would really draw out the Miami crowd. Like it or not were a very small market that won't get any hype in the US

Old
03-04-2013, 07:26 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Marek Zidlicky. What a nice 2 on 1 passing play on the second goal.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I'd like to say thanks to the Lightning for bombing the last 5 games and helping with our future division title.

edit: and there might be a second or two left in the game and they cut away.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:18 PM
videofarmer
thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I'd like to say thanks to the Lightning for bombing the last 5 games and helping with our future division title.

edit: and there might be a second or two left in the game and they cut away.
6 tenths. Didn't help.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:58 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Wow. Just, wow.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Libertyhaze

Weiss and Theodore out for FL now too

Old
03-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Samcanadian

vCash: 54
Weiss done for the year.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:13 PM
JetsHomer

Hamrlik on waivers. I think we might claim him for LD depth.

Closed Thread