HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers sign Geoff Sanderson

Old
07-21-2006, 02:26 PM
roadrunner

vCash: 500
Salary confirmed at $1.5M:

http://www.nhlpa.com/WebStats/Player...p?OIDTeam=8359

Maybe I'm making too big a deal about this, but I just don't get why Barnett wasn't able to match or even slighty beat Philly's offer. That's 25 proven NHL goals that PHX REALLY needs and is totally affordable. That's why I said in another thread that Sands probably didn't dig it in PHX. Maybe mgmt didn't dig Sanderson? He'd get loads of ice in PHX, but in Philly there are like 42 gazillion forwards.

Can someone explain this to mentally challenged me?

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 03:17 PM
bleedgreen

hard to say, i would think that barnett has the money earmarked for other guys. you still have comrie and nagy to sign, and that will likely take up a lot of cap space. maybe they felt they needed a buffer zone with those contracts still on their way.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 05:32 PM
Gwyddbwyll

There was an article that Phoenix did make a decent offer to Sanderson. He missed their deadline as he expected he could get more money when he turned UFA. His offers turned out not to be that great and the Phoenix one looked a lot better in hindsight and both sides were worse off. I guess Barnett doesnt go back on final offers. Which is reasonable when you're trying to build a roster and manage your budget.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 12:33 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll View Post
There was an article that Phoenix did make a decent offer to Sanderson. He missed their deadline as he expected he could get more money when he turned UFA. His offers turned out not to be that great and the Phoenix one looked a lot better in hindsight and both sides were worse off. I guess Barnett doesnt go back on final offers. Which is reasonable when you're trying to build a roster and manage your budget.
Speculation even if there is a link.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 06:19 AM
shawnmullin

Send a message via AIM to shawnmullin Send a message via MSN to shawnmullin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
Well there's our 2nd line winger we were so desperate for. I like this signing depending on the amount.

I think this is also another clue to the fact that Primeau is retiring.
FYI I just interviewed Primeau on Wednesday in Port Elgin. He has no intention of retiring at this point, but is questionable for the start of the season. Says he isn't even considering his options outside of hockey and is 100% committed to coming back.

shawnmullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnmullin View Post
FYI I just interviewed Primeau on Wednesday in Port Elgin. He has no intention of retiring at this point, but is questionable for the start of the season. Says he isn't even considering his options outside of hockey and is 100% committed to coming back.
Clarke is filing the retirement papers in September if hes not fit.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote